Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Red lightning bolt of doom.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Speakin of chicks and trains?? Have had a few in my days. Took a train trip with fian say #2 from Calgary, Canada to .Vancoucour6 pm.. Glass top train 4 days with lay me overs with a teacher from London. Stopped in Vancouver fer a day, took a plane trip to N Canada 500 miles. Hooked up with a WW 2 float plane 300 miles north to Mil Bank Sound. Got off on a floating barge that migrated with the king salmon and haibut runs for a week. Fishing started at 5 am and ended at 6 pm. Pros only and I was the only person in 12 years that had intruded into the fishing scene with this group. Do to a cancelation and me and Jeralyn snuck in. Did I say pros,, yea. Took $8,900 a piece to buy in, plus air fare from Tampa to ?? All the above. Trian, Vancouver, transport 250 lbs of fish back to Tampa, store fish in Vancouver fer 3 days while we had fun. During the fish trip we had, a private boat, a American Indian Eskimo guide, Jeralyn had her prrivate time in the ja coo zee, unlimated wine, 4 meals aday, great food, all caught fish cleaned and vacumed packed flash frozen for travel. We, me, caught our limits on all fish in 3 days. Not bad fer a grouper digger so called the pros titled to me. Awards ceramony the last night I was awarded 3 Tyhee pins for landing 3 kings over 40 lbs. I caught another but limits caused me to give it to my guide,,, no problem. The pros from around the country booed the Florida grouper digger for kicking their ass.
Train trips have included but not limited to, Charoakee Tenn Copper Hill run 6 times, Missionary Hill Run Chattanooga to Ga, South Florida Run, Tampa to Orlando Run, Knoxville Smoky Mountain Runs. All included fian says #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, and of course the the last. Whom I watched the Gators loose today #7 whom does not want to give me up. And my cat. Our cat and she divorced me over the hell cat.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Nice man

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Stupid with $$$.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
My redeye would do this anytime I'd make a tune change. One day I tried disconnected battery and touched cables together to do a hard reset after I uploaded tune and it fixed the issue. I don't know why but it worked. Throttle body relearn wouldn't do it. These cars are touchy.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
On this whole red lightning bolt of Doom thing, I have to say I could never figure out what that symbol is supposed to be. at first I thought it was some kind of impeller or throttle body plate or something like that but I don't get the lightning squeezing through 2 opposed parentheses. To me that's more of a WTF light than a MIL light.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
On this whole red lightning bolt of Doom thing, I have to say I could never figure out what that symbol is supposed to be. at first I thought it was some kind of impeller or throttle body plate or something like that but I don't get the lightning squeezing through 2 opposed parentheses. To me that's more of a WTF light than a MIL light.
Maybe the bassackward parentheses are a model year thing.
1634509534926.jpeg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My interpretation of it is it is the venturi region of the intake, and that there is an issue there.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
I think it's a warning that the car hasn't been floored enuff or driven beyond 150 mph in the last 24hrs.

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye Widebody
Yes, I got that symbol Saturday at Sebring on track. Fortunately I had planned for this and had the replacement I had with me installed in a jif. Ran fine on track today! My student with his e85 tuned 850RWHP Charger kept getting that and going into limp mode. 20211016_160436.jpg

Attachments

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
It’s the throttle body warning light. Computer looks at feed back paths from it, one rising one falling at the same time, if it sees too much of a difference between the 2 it thinks there’s a issue or a disconnect from it. How fast is your ramp time set to in the tune?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I remember when there was a carburetor. And no light came on if it was F-ed up.

old man with metal.gif

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #33
It’s the throttle body warning light. Computer looks at feed back paths from it, one rising one falling at the same time, if it sees too much of a difference between the 2 it thinks there’s a issue or a disconnect from it. How fast is your ramp time set to in the tune?
Ill have to check, which table would I be looking at?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Kitchen

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Ill have to check, which table would I be looking at?
AIRFLOW- Electronic Throttle Body, then its in the center top, its usually set around .010 volts. Do a throttle relearn if you change anything in that screen.