Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

FS Pyrol Intake Tube Heat Shield

Trader history for 16GoManGoHC2 (0)

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Heat Shield for intake tube, deflects hot air from radiator fan from heat soaking intake tube and underside of supercharger snout. I have templates to fit JLT CIA with stock blower and any TB and for the Whipple 3.0 and 3.8 blower and it’s CIA. Also with or without Hydraulic power steering. I found a sheet of Pyrol for sale, if I can get 10 interested buyers I’ll buy and make them up. $100 each shipped in USA. Please sign up below, list will be served in order of sign ups.

See black insulator under intake tube. Makes a very noticeable difference to intake tube temperature. Hot to the touch without, cool to the touch in place, lowers Intake Air Temp (IAT) dramatically.
Edit-correct spelling errors
IMG_9514.png IMG_9515.png IMG_9516.png

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
What is pyrol? Can’t find anything about it

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Sorry, spelled it wrong. It’s an insulation material that stands up to abuse with very high insulating traits in a very thin and flexible fiber board. I sold a few years back but couldn’t get any more material as it has minimum order quantity’s IMG_9524.png IMG_9520.png IMG_9521.png IMG_9518.png IMG_9517.png

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
@Old Mopar Guy has one, maybe he can post on how they work.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I'm in for an AFE...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I don’t recall the name of the material I bought from 16GMG a few yrs back but it does a great job of blocking, and insulating, the hot air from hitting the intake tube, especially when the fans kick on. He cut it to fit my JLT, which I believe he had at the time as well. As anyone who’s been around here for a while knows, 16GMG knows his business, so anything that can be learned and used will certainly help!!! Plus he’s an M6 driver, like the rest of us cool kids around here!
Edited to add, here’s a pic. I had to uncover the car as it’s put away for the year.
IMG_8189.jpeg

Last edited:

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Make them and they will come...

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Make them and they will come...

I get interest for 10 I’ll get the sheet and some reflective over coat for it as well. I put that on the bottom side of all of them. It’s early yet, I think between this site and the other should add up this week I hope. Spread the word!!

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
I don’t have any “here’s how much lower your IAT’s will be with this shield” but here’s what I can tell you that is an easy test. Open your hood with engine up to temp and radiator fans on, (this is even more prominent on tuned cars with lower temp Tstats and fans that run at lower temps ) feel the intake tube with your hand, carefully feel the underside of the tube if you dare. With this heat shield correctly in place the tube will just be warm, if that even, TB is then much cooler too. They work, easy in easy out too, no tools, can be put in and taken out with tube in place once you get the hang of how it fits and what holds it in place, which is the abs lines across the front lip. Once in place it takes a shape then kind of stays that way. The fans heat is directed along the side of the engine past valve cover and exhaust manifold instead of blowing directly on the intake tube and TB. Works slick.

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
I'm in for an AFE...

AFE I don’t have a template for (because I never tried one) but I can leave the air box area long and you can easily with heavy duty scissors or utility knife trim it to fit. Idea is to shield the intake tube best possible from the hot air discharged from the radiator fan.
My blower and intake tube are off atm I’ll put mine in place and take a picture of how it sits and fits with TB and tube out of the way

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I may be interested in this. I had to remove the plastic SRT heat shield next to the oil cooler and my IATs sitting still are a lot hotter than they were. Also unable to use my JLT airflow with my intake now because of chiller lines. You have a solution cooked up for this?

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
I may be interested in this. I had to remove the plastic SRT heat shield next to the oil cooler and my IATs sitting still are a lot hotter than they were. Also unable to use my JLT airflow with my intake now because of chiller lines. You have a solution cooked up for this?
Unfortunately not really, I did not run into any of those issues when I put my chiller in. JLT air box still fit as does the Whipple currently in use.