Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Okay, spill your thoughts and comments... another offer on the car

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
i don't see the gigantic improvement, really. seriously, tell me what you think? wider wheels and the fender flares, but I've got 305s on 20 x 11 on this car in the rear and should be able to go to 315 with not even a spacer (from when we last measured at the change of the tires). Everything else is the same, right? best on the street 0-60 here (with the west texas asphalt formulation is 3.6 now, I don't really see the extra HP greatly increasing it. Sure would like to drive them back to back to see.
Agreed. Although I've been tempted, I can't see me buying another until the next gen comes out.. and that's if they are appealing to me. You can easily mod up if you want more. The very best HC in my opinion is a paid for HC

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I vote for the trx and don't you have another trackhawk? I would contemplate the durango hc for that one, they will hold value way better than the trackhawk imo.
Would you believe that my mean girlfriend said I couldn't drive hers if I sold mine? Evil, I tell you.

Anyway, I would not want to trade for a slightly larger wagon, and doubt that a Durango is more snow worthy than a 'Hawk if facing 2-foot drifts.
Also, there are times when I do need a bed back there, but I never need more than two seats.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Would you believe that my mean girlfriend said I couldn't drive hers if I sold mine? Evil, I tell you.

Anyway, I would not want to trade for a slightly larger wagon, and doubt that a Durango is more snow worthy than a 'Hawk if facing 2-foot drifts.
Also, there are times when I do need a bed back there, but I never need more than two seats.
What's the saying again? "Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn"

Looks like ole Jimmy better get used to his trx.

I see the durango as better value and a better people hauler, though you are most likely right about the snow, and it really depends on your use for it.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
It's a bit disappointing that a perfectly good and well kept '14 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab with 22,395 highway miles on it is only worth about $23K these days.

Must be because that gas sipping V6 isn't all that popular.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
The problem is - selling high but then paying high due to the current market. I think it depends on what the plan is afterwards. If selling high and then waiting to buy if/when prices normalize was the plan then hell yes sell. But selling it high in order to just give it all back makes no sense to me. The other problem is how long do you sit around letting life and Hellcats literally pass you by while you sit around waiting for a deal?
if it were me I’d be deciding on an after plan and possibly lining up an acceptable future deal before just cutting my perfect car that I own right loose. Otherwise what’s the point really?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, in my case it looks like I can order new vehicles (at least certain models) and sell them for more than I paid.
If paying MSRP, obviously that wouldn't work out well.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #87
canceled meeting with guy with 53K check. showmethevin folks now up to 54300. discussing with wife. as noted above, this car was a steal, don't want to fire sale it (even at a good price) if we're going to pay shitloads to get back into something later.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm now asked to send info on the 1500, too, to GivemetheVIN.
It'll be interesting to see how they compare now, and compared to others.

Apparently they like 4-doors. Go figure.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #89
It's the cool kids Jim.

michelle takes barrack phone.gif

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I'm now asked to send info on the 1500, too, to GivemetheVIN.
It'll be interesting to see how they compare now, and compared to others.

Apparently they like 4-doors. Go figure.
Lots of new Uber drivers in the pipeline :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I would say big improvements are

Vehicle handles a lot better

Cosmetics it looks more menacing and can't be replicated versus I see sxt's and r/t's with hellcat hoods and bumpers, if you are like @Jimmy N. You debadge anyway.

The performance pages are updated and faster.

Yes you can fit 305s and 315s on the standard body but the real benefit I see is you can put 12 inch wheels on the back of the widebody.

Redeye has a lot more oooomph compared to regular hellcat with the warranty.

There's quite a bit of smaller updates but those are the big ones for me.

I have driven both and can comfortably say the widebody is the better car hands down even if the improvements look marginal, let's be real nobody is out here doing 200 mph runs everyday and if you don't go with at least an 11 inch wheel on street tires for this much horsepower you are doing yourself a disservice.
You had me @ oooomph...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The problem is - selling high but then paying high due to the current market. I think it depends on what the plan is afterwards. If selling high and then waiting to buy if/when prices normalize was the plan then hell yes sell. But selling it high in order to just give it all back makes no sense to me. The other problem is how long do you sit around letting life and Hellcats literally pass you by while you sit around waiting for a deal?
if it were me I’d be deciding on an after plan and possibly lining up an acceptable future deal before just cutting my perfect car that I own right loose. Otherwise what’s the point really?
Nobody has patience, the market is going to flood once new car production stabilizes due to semiconductor chips, honestly a decent optioned charger redeye at holdback + 6k would have been a 20k upgrade and well worth it, but even so my plan of attack would be.

Sell for as much as possible (55k maybe)
Sit back and relax

Buy slightly used charger widebody or redeye at 65-75k , you waited 6-12 months to get a huge step up for an extra 10-20k, depending on how important power is to you.

But then again I don't get attached to my cars, I simply view it as a business, honestly the only way to move in and out of cars without hassle/headache.

Yes you go without a car for X time period however in 6-18 months when you have a 4-5 year newer car that probably still has warranty and a lot more value you will be feeling so much better.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
sounds like you guys are selling stocks which if you were I'm all for making money and walking away. I didn't buy my car to try to make money or even break even. My Hellcat is worth more to me then how much money someone is saying they will give you for it. 50k sitting in a bank account isn't happiness but what you do with that money can be. Money does buy happiness in the form of buying a Hellcat

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Interesting thread. I am not looking to sell a car but I entered my wife's 2019 Kia Niro Plug in Hybrid for the hell of it. All same condition, mileage (19K) etc.

KBB cash offer 19,500
VROOM cash offer 22,200
CARVANA cash offer 22,500

Carvana asked the least number of questions and gave the most so I think they win. Need to read back on this post to see how they actually came through on forum deals mentioned. If they play games I guess it's not that great after all. What is undeniable is that used car prices are sky-high. This same car was ~$19K (retail!) January 2020. Today the KBB retail value estimate was 24-26K. (VROOM and CARVANA didn't list a retail option to get that sort of estimate). Given KBB was lowest (by 3K) the retail book might be even higher or at least towards the top end of their range. What's insane is that out the door NEW price we paid was right around 20K after state and federal tax rebates. So we have driven it for 2.5 years, and its APPRECIATED (net to us at least) +4-6K retail. Crazy.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Carvana is coming today to pick up my Caddy. I'll report back and let everyone know how that goes.

They are scheduled to be here again tomorrow to pick up my truck.

Carvana offered more than KBB on both vehicles, and seemed like the least amount of hassle....so far.....we'll see how it all turns out.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
For more S n Gs I wanted to see what VROOM would give me for my 672mile Demon. Not expecting a good number here, lol. Collector cars probably don't register well on sites like these. And no, whatever they tell me I'm not selling! :)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Carvana is coming today to pick up my Caddy. I'll report back and let everyone know how that goes.

They are scheduled to be here again tomorrow to pick up my truck.

Carvana offered more than KBB on both vehicles, and seemed like the least amount of hassle....so far.....we'll see how it all turns out.
Maybe you could use that money to buy a Dodge, just saying:whistle:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
sounds like you guys are selling stocks which if you were I'm all for making money and walking away. I didn't buy my car to try to make money or even break even. My Hellcat is worth more to me then how much money someone is saying they will give you for it. 50k sitting in a bank account isn't happiness but what you do with that money can be. Money does buy happiness in the form of buying a Hellcat
The way I view it is that dodge released 2 updates, why not jump at the chance to sell high and then pay a reasonable fee to upgrade.

If we are really talking then selling and buying the durango hc would be the best play because boy are they going to hold value.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
The way I view it is that dodge released 2 updates, why not jump at the chance to sell high and then pay a reasonable fee to upgrade.

If we are really talking then selling and buying the durango hc would be the best play because boy are they going to hold value.
I have no issue if you are selling to upgrade to a better Dodge:)

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I have no issue if you are selling to upgrade to a better Dodge:)
I mean that's always my train of thought, Upgrade to the latest and greatest.