Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

NOS 1973 Pontiac Trans Am SD 455 Test Car Timed Emmission Delay Switch CT5

TraxMoe

Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Harbors
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
looking 4 POS slasher
The first car I ordered new from the factory was a 1973 Pontiac Formula SD455. The emission device in those days was the EGR valve ( exhaust gas recirculation ) that was one of the first things I disabled. The Rodchester quadrajet carburator secondaries vacuum was the second to get the orifice drilled out for quicker opening. A set of Appliance 4 tube headers W/cutouts that I made in the shop that I could open remotely with a choke cable ( I remember those days fondly ) In those days street racing was big and badging the car to be something other than it was just something we did to goat people into racing.

I still remember my Dad asking why I ordered it with that big motor in that itty bitty car. My response was " It should get really good gas mileage " I don't think he was fooled. It sure was fast stoplight to stoplight

73formula.jpg