Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

NHRA neck protection rule for 2024….

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I saw it before but it was announced today that NHRA requirements for neck protection starting with the ‘24 season will be enforced. Any car running 150 mph will require a HANS type (tethered) device to be used. In case you don’t know….. those require a shoulder harness to work and those require a cage. So…. 🫤. I mention this today because there are some worthwhile Black Friday sales going on and now would be the time to buy if you are going to. They ain’t cheap. Also to be enforced with those are the requirement to use a SFI head sock or old style foam collar for fire protection. I use Simpson and prefer that over the old style Hans. E31F6021-61F8-4E55-ADE0-57AEC8D2790F.jpeg

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
This is one of the few GOOD rules in NHRA wisdom. Yes it's expensive, but a lot cheaper than basal skull fracture. Lives have already been saved because of these devices. I added this to my program well before they were required.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Got the same shit for my mountain bike. Dont wanna be this dude smh.....