Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New from Southern Ontario

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
Speaking of
St Thomas is currently working on track improvements
Nice quiet family track
Grand Bend owners took over (y)

Been a long time since I drove down that track
It was a bit rough 20 years ago

They are looking for sponsors for new guardrails ( cement barriers ) if anyone is interested
That makes sense as I think Grand Bend has a limited life span. The town of Grand Bend is growing and they may want the track gone. Plus the land is worth a good dollar.

I heard that there was money being put into the St. Thomas track to improve it, which it needs badly. There is talk also that they bought the land beyond the end of the track to also make it a bit longer.

Would be nice if this does happen as right now it is really only good as a 1/8 mile track because of how fatigued the track has gotten over the years.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
That makes sense as I think Grand Bend has a limited life span. The town of Grand Bend is growing and they may want the track gone. Plus the land is worth a good dollar.

I heard that there was money being put into the St. Thomas track to improve it, which it needs badly. There is talk also that they bought the land beyond the end of the track to also make it a bit longer.

Would be nice if this does happen as right now it is really only good as a 1/8 mile track because of how fatigued the track has gotten over the years.
They are working on it 20200515_113337.jpg

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Speaking of
St Thomas is currently working on track improvements
Nice quiet family track
Grand Bend owners took over (y)

Been a long time since I drove down that track
It was a bit rough 20 years ago

They are looking for sponsors for new guardrails ( cement barriers ) if anyone is interested
that's good to know ,a friend stopped going to st.Thomas because of conditions there. you were asking about 18 inch rims 10 inch or skinnies? I have the 18-10 bravados for my street Rs an forgestar f14s 18- 5 for racemasters.
they look similar to oem.

OP
2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
I haven’t been to either track in a few years. I had heard many were turning away from St Thomas due to conditions. The Spriets will look after it. Great car family!
I’m not sure I’ll ever race my HC, but you never know. I would like to see what its like. Many years back I had a room mate that had a 440 Demon he raced at Sparta....good times.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
that's good to know ,a friend stopped going to st.Thomas because of conditions there. you were asking about 18 inch rims 10 inch or skinnies? I have the 18-10 bravados for my street Rs an forgestar f14s 18- 5 for racemasters.
they look similar to oem.
Rears for now
I ll look at the bravado s
Dragrcr sent a link with some rims too

If I get ambitious I may hit St Thomas for Friday test & tune to make a couple passes
Useless with stock tires

I use to do test & tune then have a couple beers & spend the nite sleeping in my truck on site
Then head home in the morning when they opened the gates back up

Now I m just to dam lazy

JLDN

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Super Stock
Congratulations - beautiful Hellcat. Welcome, and enjoy her in good health.