Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Electric Ford F150

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
After AOC bans cows, she will raise the cost of gasoline to $10,00 ( TAX) a gallon to discourage driving them.

Member ID
Reactions
City
webster
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 challenger hellcat
Gasoline Stations will not disappear anytime soon since the adding Charging Stations along side fueling Stations will be the new norm as time progresses. But the A hole Greenies will do everything they can to eliminate ICE production and distribution. Its already happening in Europe and even state side. But for sure ain’t going to be a major challenge to gas your vehicle anytime soon.

The whole idea of charging stations is a waste. The top motorcycle mfg. are all working together to design universal, exchangeable battery packs that are easy to swap out at a kiosk or such. For autos you would pull in to the "service station:" and the service station guy just swaps your battery packs and off you go. Little car may have 6 packs and a truck may have 12 as an example. It would take the mfg. sharing tech and R&D, but I'm sure with Uncle Joe B. footing the R&D bill they would be happy to do so. I don't think very many people are going to get real excited about pulling up to a charging station for an hour anytime soon. If they can charge in 5 mins it might work, but no way 30 mins or an hour charge time is realistic in today's society.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Tesla did the swap batteries at the station thing (took 90 seconds under optimal conditions). Planned having them all over. Found that real world, no one wanted to use them. Cancelled all the plans and closed the first one in 2016 if I remember correctly. It was around half way between LA and SF. Most perfered to charge instead of swap.

Member ID
Reactions
City
webster
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 challenger hellcat
Tesla did the swap batteries at the station thing (took 90 seconds under optimal conditions). Planned having them all over. Found that real world, no one wanted to use them. Cancelled all the plans and closed the first one in 2016 if I remember correctly. It was around half way between LA and SF. Most perfered to charge instead of swap.
Think we are at least 10-15 years away from having the number of electric cars that allow the density of ev use to drive the need for the battery swap model. Most Tesla users are relatively novel in their use, they tend to have short commutes and plan their vehicle use around charging at home. In Houston I see a decent amount of ev's in the rich, liberal neighborhoods but rarely if ever see one hooked up to the charging stations that are common in these areas.
The average driver does not "plan" their use of there car by fuel availability in general, they are accustomed to having readily available, quick fill ups wherever, whenever they need.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I am interested in this.

I am also not giving up ICE. As long as I can still build big blocks with procharger and turbos, I'm fine with having an EV to daily

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
@Magnified - I believe the primary concern was that if an owner abuses their battery or that it is damaged, they could swap for a good one. A person who maintained their battery and swapped for the bad one would be screwed. This is how it worked.
https://www.tesla.com/videos/battery-swap-event

OP
Bowtie Guy

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Thread Starter #27
An hour is fine actually...40 minutes Banging, 10 laying there till I can walk again, 10 to shower...
40 minutes ?

I hope my wife don t see this

I m like 3 minute rice

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
The one that Biden drove during his press conference at Ford had dual controls and someone else was actually at the helm. No different than with his presidency.😂