Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New daily! First Mercedes-Benz 'The Poor mans E63'

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I like the side mirror in the attachment, but that's real CF (i.e. the entire structure is formed from it) right? As opposed to the wrap.
I'm assuming he's on a budget, but if he bad no budget I would get the actual cf mirror caps and then think about wrapping the door handles.

Cf door handles would have to be custom made.

And can we talk about how iconic the facelifted w212 is compared to the new e63?

OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Thread Starter #22
What kind of wheels were those that were screwed up so badly? Did they balance out in the end okay? I would be concerned about poor construction or manufacturing defects if you're going to be pushing the car to the limit. Just seems like a strange situation.
Very strange situation indeed... The model is Niche Sector M196. Not forged but quality is very nice. The wheel company itself has no issues - 100% the reseller with an in-house tire shop.

They will look brand new again with rash repair and a nice powdercoat, from 10ft away you can't see anything though :ROFLMAO: Will get around to it eventually or attempt to learn wheel repairing on these for the first time :unsure:
SECTOR-20x10_4670.5-SATIN-BLK-FACE_1000.png
Tires have been holding air and took a nice 2nd/3rd gear test hit. Alignment hasn't changed on the new staggered setup to my surprise. Has a smooth ride without any vibrations to the factory speed limit of 130mph which tells me they're good to go. - Huge difference in handling characteristics with 275 in the rear vs. 245. Same size the E63 comes with (y)

OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #23
I'm assuming he's on a budget, but if he bad no budget I would get the actual cf mirror caps and then think about wrapping the door handles.

Cf door handles would have to be custom made.

And can we talk about how iconic the facelifted w212 is compared to the new e63?
Love the carbon mirrors but not looking to spend a whole lot on this car since it's technically a winter beater. The salt belt is not kind to cars.

Will be putting that money towards one of these along with improvements on the house I just purchased. New driveway going in today!
DM2322-uccvduni.jpg

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Love the carbon mirrors but not looking to spend a whole lot on this car since it's technically a winter beater. The salt belt is not kind to cars.

Will be putting that money towards one of these along with improvements on the house I just purchased. New driveway going in today!
View attachment 50755
Yeah I figured hence the suggestion.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
You can always clear bra the entire under carriage.... ;)

OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
You can always clear bra the entire under carriage.... ;)
:ROFLMAO: I wonder if ceramic coating would temporarily seal a car from corrosion vs. oil/undercoat. Overkill on this car anyway since it's galvanized with lots of plastic under panels.