Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

More Powerful Mopars

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Plenty of '21 non-ET Hemi 1500s available out there. What do you mean 'playing games' with the Hemi for years? Besides supplier issues I've never seen any availability problems with the V8 in the 1500. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if ET became temporarily unavailable due to the microchip shortage. GM is now shipping trucks without AFM (and consequently with slightly worse MPG) for that very reason. If they were really gonna clamp down on MPG they'd limit availability to the V6s (your choice of gas or diesel), nix the Hemi altogether, and tell you to buy a 2500 if you want a V8.

A fully loaded '21 Challenger HC is a bit more expensive than the '15 but it's currently only about $76k. Actually, adjusted for inflation, that's almost identical to $68k in '15. A fully loaded WB RE (or SS) on the other hand can run 100k, but that's not exactly apples to apples. You can't expect the addition of the widebody, +90 HP, or the other newer features that weren't available back then to sell for the same price as a '15.

You are correct though that CAFE standards will go up, the V8s days are numbered, and Stellantis will be in trouble if they can't buy those credits from somewhere unfortunately. Just read yesterday that Audi is no longer putting any R&D into new ICE power trains. They're not the first, and they won't be the last to make that jump. 😫 Definitely enjoy them while you still can.
Playing games means when you want to order a 5.7 in a 1500 and system says late availability, it is going to take another few months (and this was in early 20109 before supply chain issues), that is, to me, playing games. Dodge has to be build more V6 and diesels than the V8's, IMO, so they were slowing down production of the 5.7, just in my experience. In other words, Dodge cannot build an unlimited number of 5.7 Hemi 1,500. I was wrong regarding etorque being the only option in 2021, it still shows the non etorque 5.7.

Regarding price the top of the line in 2015 was the hellcat, top of the line in 2021 is the SS/RE, compare the prices. I agree there is a more performance difference, but not worth over 20K/25K (fully loaded Hellcat v. full loaded SS).

This is just like SRT, everything was good then, it wasn't. FCA has already paid big fines for not meeting CAFE requirements. Buying credits from Tesla to meet the standards, is evidence of how far behind FCA is.

IMO, CAFE standards are going up next year, lets see whether there is a "sudden" announcement that no one saw coming, like who knew.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
[

Regarding price the top of the line in 2015 was the hellcat, top of the line in 2021 is the SS/RE, compare the prices. I agree there is a more performance difference, but not worth over 20K/25K (fully loaded Hellcat v. full loaded SS).

its funny, you go to the official mopar site and the redeye crate motor is only a couple thousand or so more than the regular hellcat crate motor. so I agree that seems like a huge increase, but they have it and if you want it you know the deal. lol