Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Mods with no tune needed.

Loucifer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chandler
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
17 Challenger Hellcat
Hi all. I've done a lot of searching on here, there, and everywhere and came up with a small list that needs verified. I do not see a similar post on here.

The goal is a single post to list all the Mods that can be installed to improve stock power performance a little, with no tune needed.

Here's what my research thus far has revealed:

Sticky tires. Because nothing will help without traction.

EASY MODS:

Aluminum Driveshaft. Moslty done for strength. However, less rotating weight might improve E/T, but have not seen any data yet...

3.17 Litens Pulley +hp?, -x E/T?

3.09 gears. -x E/T?

Interchiller. +hp?, -x E/T?

Meth injection. Used without a tune, this would be primarily for the cooling effect, and maybe for those running 91 octane to get to 93 or so. There are many naysayers on this system I know.

A LITTLE MORE SERIOUS:
NOS - I seen 100 shot systems engaging at WOT, no tune, but not sure if that's safe for the long haul? Would 75 shot be more safe over the years.
+100hp, -x E/T?
+75hp, -x E/T?
+50hp, -x E/T?

What else is there?
I am happy to keep this list updated with your experienced responses for awhile. The ?'s is for those with actual experience to chime in and I will update with no speculators please.

Last edited:
OP
Loucifer

Loucifer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chandler
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
17 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #2
This is to attempt to compile your responses...

So far everyone agrees on:
- Drag Radials. Best bang for the buck.

Some agree on:
- 3.09 gears.
- Alum Driveshaft.

Other suggestions:
- Demon springs.
- FI interchiller spacers and thermal heat blanket. +20-25rwp no tune needed.
- Litens 3.17 on a Hellcat is worth about 25hp about 45hp on a Redeye or Demon and 65 on a Demon using race gas. ?Tune?
- Lighweight lithium battery.
- Diff Brace.

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
kansas city
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 hellcat widebody challenger
309 gear , drag radials, and driveshaft do not require tuning. no way i would spray nos without a tune. litens 3.17 pulley not sure about. just my opinion.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
The Litens 3.17 on a Hellcat is worth about 25hp about 45hp on a Redeye or Demon and 65 on a Demon using race gas. Still on the fence about needing a tune or not.

3.09 gears? Well guys are going the same speed with 2.62s so not sure.

FI interchiller spacers and thermal heat blanket is worth about 20-25rwp no tune needed and will keep your car cool.

Demon springs

Drag radials are a must.

Driveshaft

Lighweight lithium battery.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Biggest improvement I saw in lowering my et was nt05r radials and the 3.09 diff
Helped my 60ft and my 1/4 mile time was consistently quicker then with the 2.62 , I did add the cci shaft and diff brace but they had no effect on et

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I looked into this 2 years before I purchased my 2018 H/C and found things to agree with and some not yet. The tune will punch your warranty in the trash. The 3.17 pulley not effective with out a tune, tires good, OA Intake good, rework exhaust good, race gas ,,, hell no. My personnel experience unless proved positive unleaded. There are a lot of people on here with more experience than me but I did my hill billy bro education before trashing my $8,200 warranty. Just about did. But these dudes and ettes will be able to find out fer ya. if not contact me on the O- Wee Gee Board and some dead ass will contact you in your sleep. May be Cole will be nice to do sole. He is a cooool dude. Beer time Cole.

OP
Loucifer

Loucifer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chandler
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
17 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
Biggest improvement I saw in lowering my et was nt05r radials and the 3.09 diff
Helped my 60ft and my 1/4 mile time was consistently quicker then with the 2.62 , I did add the cci shaft and diff brace but they had no effect on et
How much of a difference did the 3.09 gears make for you? Were they done at the same time as some other mod (like DR's)? Or were they done separately so you can get a true measurement?

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I had a best 1.55 60 ft and consistent low 1.6s also my 1/4 with the 2.62 was 11.1 best I got the 10.9s with the 3.09 the nt05r is at best the most traction you I could get in a 20” wheel I finally went to 17 with mt etrs to get consistent launches and great traction on stock power but if I had it to do over again I’d go straytonthe racestar 17s with 305/45/17 etrs my times were during the heated months