Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Mirror

OP
Hickster

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #21
Leave my sister's pics alone. My dream.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Called Harbor Freight and no go there. All fails,, Amazon Prime here I come.
Keep track of the expenses, would you? I'm curious how much more than a new mirror it'll end up being.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Going to see fiancee #6 tomorrow to watch the Bucs game. With all the jewls I have given her from 1992. 2nd time around. Brat teenage daughters are gone. She has all sorts of cleaners. Called Harbor Freight and no go there. All fails,, Amazon Prime here I come.
Plenty on Amazon. Be sure to check out some vids on YouTube.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
So two things

While polishing glass is possible (I've seen kits), it might be a more aggressive procedure than the mirror can tolerate (think fairly heavy mechanical action on the fragile internals of the mirror assembly itself).

BUT, aren't our mirrors actually a plastic material?

If that's the case, then it might be more viable (plastic being easier to polish than glass), but still, you're going to be rubbing the hell out of the internals... Back and forth, back and forth, up and down, up and down...

(Easy now... We're talking about polishing something.)

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
So two things

While polishing glass is possible (I've seen kits), it might be a more aggressive procedure than the mirror can tolerate (think fairly heavy mechanical action on the fragile internals of the mirror assembly itself).

BUT, aren't our mirrors actually a plastic material?

If that's the case, then it might be more viable (plastic being easier to polish than glass), but still, you're going to be rubbing the hell out of the internals... Back and forth, back and forth, up and down, up and down...

(Easy now... We're talking about polishing something.)
casting.gif

Nope.....nope.....nope.......not taking the bait....nope...nuh uh....nein....nicht......no way......

:unsure::whistle::whistle::unsure::unsure::whistle::whistle::unsure::unsure:

OP
Hickster

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #26
Well,, the mirror is on the back burner. As usual took the H/C out for a stretch on US 19. Saw a Challenger in the emergancy lane so I slowed down. OOOps. Went to the far right hand lane and slowed. No good. State trooper in a H/C. He clocked me at 95 but knew I was going alot faster, like 120 ish. Gave him a lame excuse. Not even going to look at the ticket till 4 shots of shine. The scrambler/ dector did not even go off. Don't get it. Have not had a speeding ticket in 30 years. High speed, I have to go see a judge. The mirror worked with 30 red and blue lights in the critter. At least Rockey Mountain will pay for the ticket. Points?? School. Mirror still scratched.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Well,, the mirror is on the back burner. As usual took the H/C out for a stretch on US 19. Saw a Challenger in the emergancy lane so I slowed down. OOOps. Went to the far right hand lane and slowed. No good. State trooper in a H/C. He clocked me at 95 but knew I was going alot faster, like 120 ish. Gave him a lame excuse. Not even going to look at the ticket till 4 shots of shine. The scrambler/ dector did not even go off. Don't get it. Have not had a speeding ticket in 30 years. High speed, I have to go see a judge. The mirror worked with 30 red and blue lights in the critter. At least Rockey Mountain will pay for the ticket. Points?? School. Mirror still scratched.
Well that doesn't sound like a great start to a Saturday night of fun. Sorry to hear you got nabbed by the man.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Idk for sure
TOOOTH PASTE
Try some tooth paste on your mirror.
Or just freaking replace it

Linda:)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
A cursory check of the replacement mirror glass price ranges from ~ $30 - $80 depending if the mirror is heated....if it has blindspot indicator, etc.

I have to admit.....I'd try blending the scratch out first myself.....worst is....it wouldn't work or I'd make it worse....and I'd have to buy the replacement glass.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
A cursory check of the replacement mirror glass price ranges from ~ $30 - $80 depending if the mirror is heated....if it has blindspot indicator, etc..
Heated mirrors in Florida??? And I'd pay extra to get rid of the blind spot indicator. So $30 it is.
Well, I don't know how much extra I'd have to pay to lose that nannie.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Heated mirrors in Florida??? And I'd pay extra to get rid of the blind spot indicator. So $30 it is.
You just get the glass without the open spot for the light.....of course.....you'd still have the one on the right...unless you replace that glass too. An automatic centerpunch would take care of that one too rather easily.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I like the blind spot lights. I turned off the noise. Maybe it is because I can barely see over the dash and can't see anything behind the seat:LOL:

OP
Hickster

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #34
Yes, no, yes, and thanks. 2020 vette going for $$ 370,000 at Barrett Jackson 5 minutes ago. I am going to attempt a numerous amounts of remidies tomorrow. While I still have the car. Have no idea what the judge will spank me with. What I get for breaking up with the DEA agent. Steph was the package. Time to look in the book and sea what I can find. I will post tomorrow on the attempts.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Yes, no, yes, and thanks. 2020 vette going for $$ 370,000 at Barrett Jackson 5 minutes ago. I am going to attempt a numerous amounts of remidies tomorrow. While I still have the car. Have no idea what the judge will spank me with. What I get for breaking up with the DEA agent. Steph was the package. Time to look in the book and sea what I can find. I will post tomorrow on the attempts.
Virginia is radical to the max Hickster I went thru this shit 2 years ago. I hired an attorney And beat it and had I not its serious stuff. I can PM you if you want any guidance.
https://www.flcrimedefense.com/practice-areas/criminal-speeding-florida

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I like the blind spot lights. I turned off the noise. Maybe it is because I can barely see over the dash and can't see anything behind the seat:LOL:
That's cuz the taco bar blocks the rear window :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
Hickster

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #37
Yes, for your help,, much appreciated. I will have Laurie dea sy fer the ticket and await the court summons. Then touch with this law firm. Thanks again for the info. Apparentely his radar was not working that well. Cause he said I was much exceeding what his device said. I was. Thanks again.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Yes, for your help,, much appreciated. I will have Laurie dea sy fer the ticket and await the court summons. Then touch with this law firm. Thanks again for the info. Apparentely his radar was not working that well. Cause he said I was much exceeding what his device said. I was. Thanks again.
If the officer confessed his radar gun isn’t calibrated correctly and or implied it was malfunctioning there’s your out. And there are other things I can share as well but I’ll will wait to hear from you.

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Interesting. Surprised he didn't arrest you. I'm sure it will work out. If you didn't just tell some ridiculous lie. 120 is not that big a deal unless you fled, were in a bunch of traffic, are being a dumbass to the cops or like that. And I don't think you were. Did he pace you? Inspect the car?

OP
Hickster

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #40
CC,, thanks for your concern and will get back tomorrow after fiancee #6 reads the violation. He had an idea of what I was doing but my machine must have interupted his new machine. No running, pulled over ASAP. Didn't ask for drivers's license and if I had been drinking. No infracktions there. Offered insurance and registration, nope. Just go see the judge. Mgi, I did run a story by him and has worked in the past but he said talk to the judge. He knew I was doing over 120. CC moe to cum.