Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Menscer Shock Settings

Member ID
Reactions
City
Menomonee Falls
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
For those of you who have Menscer shocks all the way around, what compression and rebound settings are you running them at for drag racing at the track? I know for an IRS car you don't really want squat so I am curious as to what everyone runs them at as I am looking to dial in my suspension.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
@Hatermkr runs them and would have an idea if it wasn't run off. @Marc W maybe

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I contacted my Friend John Reed of Reed motorsports. He is a dealer for Menscer and also uses them on his Challenger race car.

He said a good starting point is -

Fronts 6 on compression and 15 on the rebound.

Rears 15 on compression and 6 on the rebound.

All from full tight and back off settings and see what the car does.
They may need to be tightened depending how your car handles that.

~ Linda :)

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
@Hatermkr runs them and would have an idea if it wasn't run off. @Marc W maybe
I use Strange adjustable coilovers. They are 10 up/10 down. A simple adjustable drag shock. The Menscers are far more sophisticated, but still…. the magic results from correct settings. Those settings are all dependent on track conditions. And those change. You will want to learn about how and why you need to change the settings to work with different track conditions so you can make changes at the track rather than have one setting for everything. Menscers may be magical when set right but… they don’t do that for you. Example…. You’re making a lot of power and running on a tight prepped track. It’s a dead hook condition. You are going to want to control your front end. A low rebound setting lets your front come up easily (quicker) and with the help of the energy stored in that long spring…. it gets a running start at a wheelie. That energy is better used for moving the car forward instead lifting the front up in the air. Tighten the rebound and slow down the front end by not letting that spring do its thing. The other situation…. A low prep/no traction condition. You want to transfer as much weight as possible on the hit. You want the rear to squat and the front to go to full extension quickly. A soft rebound setting on the front will allow that to happen and help the car to hook. Anyway…. A lot of variables. I would suggest mid settings all around to start, and make adjustments depending on conditions and what the car is doing. Get a dedicated notebook and log conditions, settings and results. That way if you do something right, you can go back to it. For everybody who doesn’t have the magical electronic drag mode of the Demon 170 to do it for then…. adjustable coilovers are as good as it gets.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Those things have crazy adjustments bro its almost endless. Shock setting are really dependant on the hp, weight... etc..... U really cant use someone else's settings for ur car ull have to dail it in urself.

I had Menscers on my old Mustang and so did my cousin. We had totally different suspension setups as my car was way faster and lighter yet they were both the same year car.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
For those of you who have Menscer shocks all the way around, what compression and rebound settings are you running them at for drag racing at the track? I know for an IRS car you don't really want squat so I am curious as to what everyone runs them at as I am looking to dial in my suspension.

Tell us more about your Hellcat and what are the mods?
How much HP and your best ET

~Linda

OP
SLOWCAT
Member ID
Reactions
City
Menomonee Falls
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
Tell us more about your Hellcat and what are the mods?
How much HP and your best ET

~Linda
To keep it short

-Built A8 Trans
-Gen 5 stage 2 3.0 Whipple
-Menscer's all the way around with a full AAD control arm set in the rear
-15inch Conversion

Car made 970whp (Still on a stock motor 🙃)

Best ET was a 9.5 @142 with a 1.38 60' on my old setup, haven't run the car on the new setup yet.
IMG_3573 (1).jpg

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ur making 970 whp with a stock Hellcat motor? I would be investing in a short block bro before I did ANYTHING else ur gonna melt that shit with anymore power im surprised its lasted this long.

Ur playing with FIRE bro. Save ur block before a rod goes thru it and destroys everything. I put a rod thru mine at 900 whp on a stock motor and I wasnt even racing it just making a semi hard pull. Destroyed everything including valve train.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Athens
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Challenger Redeye
TECH — Menscer Motorsports kind of a starting point to go from. I'm going to add them to my challenger as well

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Ur making 970 whp with a stock Hellcat motor? I would be investing in a short block bro before I did ANYTHING else ur gonna melt that shit with anymore power im surprised its lasted this long.

Ur playing with FIRE bro. Save ur block before a rod goes thru it and destroys everything. I put a rod thru mine at 900 whp on a stock motor and I wasnt even racing it just making a semi hard pull. Destroyed everything including valve train.
I have gone faster with a stock block, a lot of people have. It’s all in the timing and fuel. E85 octane or higher and don’t put a ton of timing in the top end. No more than 17-18 depending on octane. Block has 65k miles on it and is now sitting in my race car waiting for more abuse.

OP
SLOWCAT
Member ID
Reactions
City
Menomonee Falls
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #12

I know I'm playing with fire, everyone I've told that to has said that 😂. The plan is to build the motor but I just wanna see how much I can push it.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Some do live at that level and I agree tuning plays a major role but its still a bad idea especially since ur looking to push it past a 1000 whp now. Stock blocks just dont live that long at that HP level no matter whos tuning or what fuel ur using. Things hauling ass tho!