Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Maserati EV Put On Hold Indefinitely

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
The reality is EV vehicle sales are at an all time high! They're looking at a million sales this year.....Companies wont be making less EV they will be making more!

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
We'll see, if sales are so high why are all these companies putting pure EV development on hold?? I think they are switching/converting to a more Hybrid powertrain system rather than full EV which should have been the initial first step rather than throw your hat into the full EV ring. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens but I personally don't see everything going full EV by 2030-35 like the governments want and are pushing/mandating.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
The reality is EV vehicle sales are at an all time high! They're looking at a million sales this year.....Companies wont be making less EV they will be making more!
If that’s the case then why does my local Ford dealer have so damn many Lightnings and Mach-E’s they can’t sell?

In a town with a city limit population of just over 100,000 there shouldn’t be 28 F-150 Lightnings on the lot. They just aren’t moving.
IMG_0160.jpeg

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Cosworth along with General Motors have developed this Catalytic Generator. Going full EV battery power is not sustainable. Having recuperative braking system along with this innovative onboard generator that can run off hydrogen extracted from water. Can you imagine pulling up and filling your cars fuel tank with water ? It is being used in the Atom hiper car

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
Cosworth along with General Motors have developed this Catalytic Generator. Going full EV battery power is not sustainable. Having recuperative braking system along with this innovative onboard generator that can run off hydrogen extracted from water. Can you imagine pulling up and filling your cars fuel tank with water ? It is being used in the Atom hiper car

Can't make a steady income from this system.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Can't make a steady income from this system.
That's why the automakers and petrol companies will fight it tooth and nail to keep it out of the public's hands, even the government won't approve it because those greedy politicians won'e be making any money on kickbacks

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
If that’s the case then why does my local Ford dealer have so damn many Lightnings and Mach-E’s they can’t sell?

In a town with a city limit population of just over 100,000 there shouldn’t be 28 F-150 Lightnings on the lot. They just aren’t moving.
View attachment 125729
The EV's don't sell here in NW Ohio either. Especially now with winter and colder weather, the few Tesla's I know of around here don't come out much in the winter, serves about the same purpose as my Super Stock in the winter. Owners drive their gas, diesel 4x4 trucks or various Jeeps.