Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

LUG NUT RUST *****

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've got these on both Hellcats. One pair 7 years old the other 2 years old with no issues.
They look OK to me.
20220731_103348.jpg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orange County
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Dodge Durango SRT
Months back, I purchased a full set of OEM black lug nuts. I also wanted to install wheel locks. However, with my attention to detail (OCD), the locks would look out of place, even if they were black and would bother me.

I ended up taking the cheap route. I found vinyl / silicone caps on Amazon that fit snuggly over both the OEM chrome nuts and the McGard locks. While it might add an extra step and a little time for removal / install, this resulted in the look I wanted. The bigger win is that even with the discount from a commercial acct with a dealer, all for much cheaper than what the OEM nuts cost me, about $285 for a full set (5 sets of 4). Of course, I returned the OEM black nuts. Just FYI, if you do order these caps, the 21-23mm size is what fits.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2K9H1...colid=QOQCL6LKKHUA&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Attachments

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My OEM lug nuts were swelling, so I called my local dealer parts counter and asked for 20 new ones. He quote me at like $17 per lug nut! The same dealer tried to sell me an SRT 041 oil filter for $36…

Quickly rejected that and ordered the Gorilla lugs. I’ve had them on for almost a year and have had my wheels off quite a few times, so I’ve definitely chipped the paint away on some (or maybe it just rubbed off) when use the socket but no rust yet!

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
My OEM lug nuts were swelling, so I called my local dealer parts counter and asked for 20 new ones. He quote me at like $17 per lug nut! The same dealer tried to sell me an SRT 041 oil filter for $36…

Quickly rejected that and ordered the Gorilla lugs. I’ve had them on for almost a year and have had my wheels off quite a few times, so I’ve definitely chipped the paint away on some (or maybe it just rubbed off) when use the socket but no rust yet!
$17 a lug? WTF?🤮 They’re smoking crack. Maybe the filter comes with a free case of oil?😂

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #25

I've had the Gorilla lug nuts on my 2015 from the first week I got it home with no issues. I also have them on the 2019 Redeye and the 2021 Durango with no issues.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Same for me - black chrome Gorilla's on both Hemi's with zero issues, just ordered another set for the new one coming