Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Locking in discounts

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #21
I ordered through Martin Dodge - The "Speedy Special." The MSRP was 88.5k, selling price 81.7k for an OTD (tax, doc fee, etc.) price of 85k. Was told I'd get the rebates at the time of delivery, which looks like 2k right now and it was 6k when I ordered in April. Would have been nice to "lock in" the 6k in April. But I'm still happy. :)
I didn't do quite that well on MSRP vs sales price. MSRP is $91.3k with sales price of $86.5k. That's a livable number I suppose. The trade on my '19 impressed me though. They allowed an even $75k on it. That's $1k more than Vroom and $2k more than GMTV offered. Total difference between the two of just a tick over $13k incl tt&l.
And now I wait... lol

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #22
That's great news. Don't forget to run that VIN to make sure they got your order correct. What a fun car. Enjoy
Thanks. I'll check the VIN as soon as I receive it.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat
I didn't do quite that well on MSRP vs sales price. MSRP is $91.3k with sales price of $86.5k. That's a livable number I suppose. The trade on my '19 impressed me though. They allowed an even $75k on it. That's $1k more than Vroom and $2k more than GMTV offered. Total difference between the two of just a tick over $13k incl tt&l.
And now I wait... lol
GMTV has the best price…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
GMTV has the best price…
Or at least they seem to be willing to match the best price.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #25
GMTV has the best price…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They clearly didn't have the best price on my '19. In addition TN doesn't double charge tax on vehicle trades so that saves me another $5500ish. In the end the trade made a LOT more sense than selling outright to either of the sites I mentioned.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #26
Or at least they seem to be willing to match the best price.
I agree there. I also ran my '21REWB through both Vroom and GMTV. Vroom seemed unable to process such a new car and literally never gave me an actual bid. GMTV not only took immediate personal interest through one of their buyers but asked a number of pertinent questions to give me a top dollar offer right out of the gate.. and asked me more than once if I had any more offers that I was considering as they would likely be able to beat any legit offer by some small amount.
I paid $77.3k for that car just a few months ago. After tt&l I was in it at about $83.5k. They offered - and paid - me $85k for it. Easy, easy, easy transaction too.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #27
I now have my VIN. Will it be a few days before it'll show up in the Build Sheet search? ..or is there another place to look to see if the car is ordered right?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I now have my VIN. Will it be a few days before it'll show up in the Build Sheet search? ..or is there another place to look to see if the car is ordered right?
It'll be a while before the build sheet shows up, and by then it'll be too late to change anything anyway.
Ask your dealer for the POC.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #30
It'll be a while before the build sheet shows up, and by then it'll be too late to change anything anyway.
Ask your dealer for the POC.
Thank you. I have a "configuration preview" that has all of my options spelled out clearly. It took two tries for them to get it right.. when they already had the dodge build pdf I emailed them.

UNDER PRESSURE

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Tan Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 DODGE CHALLENGER REDEYE SUPER STOCK
Ok its show time. Share your build brother.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Took delivery yesterday from Craig at Koons in Tysons Corner. To my surprise when I showed up he informed me I would be getting $6500 FCA rebate plus $1000 for Chrysler Capital rebate for financing with them. I got excellent price for my 2019 SPWB on trade-in. The car arrived in 11 weeks from order date which was the time frame I was given. My experience with Koons and especially Craig Benner was top notch. He kept me informed and had answers for all my anxious inquiries. In all my years of buying cars this Hellcat buy was the only one that had me peeing my pants with anticipation. Even waiting for my 1970 Challenger six pack wasn't like this.
The 217 mile drive home was a little tortuous trying to stay within the break-in limits. I just wanted to put my foot through the firewall. I averaged about 21 mpg. What a fantastic vehicle this will be. The Sinamon Stick in the sunlight in person is eye-popping.
I could not be more satisfied with my experience with Craig at Koons or with the car.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Took delivery yesterday from Craig at Koons in Tysons Corner. To my surprise when I showed up he informed me I would be getting $6500 FCA rebate plus $1000 for Chrysler Capital rebate for financing with them. I got excellent price for my 2019 SPWB on trade-in. The car arrived in 11 weeks from order date which was the time frame I was given. My experience with Koons and especially Craig Benner was top notch. He kept me informed and had answers for all my anxious inquiries. In all my years of buying cars this Hellcat buy was the only one that had me peeing my pants with anticipation. Even waiting for my 1970 Challenger six pack wasn't like this.
The 217 mile drive home was a little tortuous trying to stay within the break-in limits. I just wanted to put my foot through the firewall. I averaged about 21 mpg. What a fantastic vehicle this will be. The Sinamon Stick in the sunlight in person is eye-popping.
I could not be more satisfied with my experience with Craig at Koons or with the car.
Glad to hear that you picked up the car and made it home safely, that Capital Beltway is a like driving in the Douchebag 500.
I have purchased several vehicles through Koons (Dodge and Chevy) and always had an easy, straight forward deal. The numbers were clear and easy to understand when working the deal, which I appreciate.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #34
Ok its show time. Share your build brother.
The pic was blurry when my sales guy sent it. Still legible though.
This SS is basically identical to the '19 RE it's replacing. 20210616_100603.jpg

UNDER PRESSURE

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Tan Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 DODGE CHALLENGER REDEYE SUPER STOCK
Very nice. Enjoy!!!!

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #36
I now have a build sheet. It was scheduled to be built today, so I'm guessing it was?