Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Leftover 18's dropping in price...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
You can see they're dirty in the pics ! Pretty much sums up how they've been treated if they couldn't even give them a quick hose down before taking pics :(
I mean these are the definition of lot stinkers lol.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
That dealer is notorious for playing games. They also have a clientele just up the freeway who come in waving big wads of cash and pay whatever the dealer is asking. I got suckered into bringing in my Scat Pack to trade for a new '17 Hellcat based on a promise on a Friday night. Drove 45 minutes the next morning bringing in my Scat Pack for them to evaluate and price for trade-in (had 3,200 miles / SUPER CLEAN) and the whole deal I was promised was off the table (mgr. who promised me was not available - how convenient)
Needless to say, I left. That dealer is a bunch of thieves. Can't imagine how they stay in business. I've got a great dealer I work with now.

BTW, my dealer sold two '19 RedEyes for $16K off MSRP a while back. Quite a bit cheaper than what I paid, but things have changed (power dollars, etc. etc.)

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I hate seeing them go for too cheap , then it makes all of ours worth less too.

OP
tkracing1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thread Starter #24
That dealer is notorious for playing games. They also have a clientele just up the freeway who come in waving big wads of cash and pay whatever the dealer is asking. I got suckered into bringing in my Scat Pack to trade for a new '17 Hellcat based on a promise on a Friday night. Drove 45 minutes the next morning bringing in my Scat Pack for them to evaluate and price for trade-in (had 3,200 miles / SUPER CLEAN) and the whole deal I was promised was off the table (mgr. who promised me was not available - how convenient)
Needless to say, I left. That dealer is a bunch of thieves. Can't imagine how they stay in business. I've got a great dealer I work with now.

BTW, they sold two '19 RedEyes for $16K off MSRP a while back. Quite a bit cheaper than what I paid, but things have changed (power dollars, etc. etc.)
On the old forum I posted a pic of a text from Eddie wanting to sell me a Redeye for $145k. I actually might still have it. They are notorious for being crooks and a pain in the ass but did lease my cat from them at $599 and drive off. Funny thing is that red 2018 came onto their lot 3 months after I leased mine. My lease is up in a few months and they still have that thing.

Fremont just sold an 18 over the weekend with a 15k discount. They have a manual left. Lodi wants to get rid of the 2 19 Redeyes they have but they are bare bones. Boardwalk has 4 Redeyes they keep calling me but won’t discount them enough.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
On the old forum I posted a pic of a text from Eddie wanting to sell me a Redeye for $145k. I actually might still have it. They are notorious for being crooks and a pain in the ass but did lease my cat from them at $599 and drive off. Funny thing is that red 2018 came onto their lot 3 months after I leased mine. My lease is up in a few months and they still have that thing.

Fremont just sold an 18 over the weekend with a 15k discount. They have a manual left. Lodi wants to get rid of the 2 19 Redeyes they have but they are bare bones. Boardwalk has 4 Redeyes they keep calling me but won’t discount them enough.
$145K on a Red Eye at San Leandro sounds on par for them. They're so high on these specialty cars, and won't budge, it's understandable they have 2 year old left overs. I'm happy for them.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Those are some steep discounts...In 16...I paid sticker for my HC..I was glad to get it...back then..some were still getting ADM's back then
That all changed in 2017 though. ‘16s were still on the lot and they were giving away ‘17s. Remember the $0 down $499 lease deals?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I offered $59k for the wide body they have that is identical to my car... white knuckle with carbon stripes. No response and I probably would get a 2020 for 15-17k off before I would get one of those 18’s for 20k off. I have seen them in person and they are all pretty beat up.
Beat up how? Not maintained, or they've been beaten on test drives? Or "car shows" and crap like that (something I saw a few times from dealers).

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
That all changed in 2017 though. ‘16s were still on the lot and they were giving away ‘17s. Remember the $0 down $499 lease deals?
Round 2 of that might be coming, if they overproduce the wb charger( depends on what brampton does tbh), cause they are having a tough time selling units, they sold something like 100 units since feb. Close to 200 in stock units and those 100 units only sold cause of pd, otherwise they would still be on the lot. 80k is pushing the limit for the charger hc.

OP
tkracing1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thread Starter #30
Beat up how? Not maintained, or they've been beaten on test drives? Or "car shows" and crap like that (something I saw a few times from dealers).
The seats are already worn from constant in and out. The front lip has been exposed to direct sun with the guards on so its scratched and discolored. The door sills have scratches from peoples feet in and out. The car has not been washed once besides the rain. The young kids working there have beaten on it back and forth to the gas station for the 1/4 tanks they fill it with. Test driven who knows how many times. Paint and dash have a few years of direct California sun which is not good.

OP
tkracing1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thread Starter #31
5 regular and 2 widebody. I like the white knuckle with carbon stripes WB but the 18 is turning me off. If it was a 19 I could live with it. I have 2 bare bones RE I am looking at that are 19's.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Round 2 of that might be coming, if they overproduce the wb charger( depends on what brampton does tbh), cause they are having a tough time selling units, they sold something like 100 units since feb. Close to 200 in stock units and those 100 units only sold cause of pd, otherwise they would still be on the lot. 80k is pushing the limit for the charger hc.
It's because dealers are getting stupid again, if it wasan't for PD I'm afraid to know what they'd be asking. I've noticed in the last 2-3 wks I can't get any bites on anyone to do anything but PD on a vehicle on the lot. The lot inventory went low because of COVID/stop production. And it's even lower if you don't want a cheesy Daytona version. They seem to know this and are playing the "rare" card again, just not actually saying that. Inventory in waiting and to be built can't get here fast enough to bring things back to normal.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
It's because dealers are getting stupid again, if it wasan't for PD I'm afraid to know what they'd be asking. I've noticed in the last 2-3 wks I can't get any bites on anyone to do anything but PD on a vehicle on the lot. The lot inventory went low because of COVID/stop production. And it's even lower if you don't want a cheesy Daytona version. They seem to know this and are playing the "rare" card again, just not actually saying that. Inventory in waiting and to be built can't get here fast enough to bring things back to normal.
Yes, unfortunately fca dealerships are 💩. I see a market correction coming when production starts firing away units.

Member ID
Reactions
City
L
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye WB
The seats are already worn from constant in and out. The front lip has been exposed to direct sun with the guards on so its scratched and discolored. The door sills have scratches from peoples feet in and out. The car has not been washed once besides the rain. The young kids working there have beaten on it back and forth to the gas station for the 1/4 tanks they fill it with. Test driven who knows how many times. Paint and dash have a few years of direct California sun which is not good.
I have seen this red with black stripes IN PERSON last OCTOBER. The black stripes on the roof were peeling. Surface scratches galore. YUP, I test drove it HARD!!!!