Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Kill switch -how to?

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Would be in the 'Secret' forum for the first 1000. BUT hey, ya' never know. Maybe one of the members...is on here for nefarious reasons.:(

Its me 😉😁

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
I've disabled my cell connection, and they're never flashing my car, again. Every update has jacked something up.

Nope. Not gonna a do it.

There are numerous, better ways to disable your vehicle.

Bob

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Not sure why, but I assumed Hellcat owners would have a garage to park their cars in at night. So unless on a trip, and at a hotel, they were locked up. While preparing to buy a high end car, spend a little bit more and build a garage. Garage costs a lot less than the car, and keeps it out of the sun and elements to. Damn even my cheap used honda run around car is in a shed, with a locked door.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Not sure why, but I assumed Hellcat owners would have a garage to park their cars in at night. So unless on a trip, and at a hotel, they were locked up. While preparing to buy a high end car, spend a little bit more and build a garage. Garage costs a lot less than the car, and keeps it out of the sun and elements to. Damn even my cheap used honda run around car is in a shed, with a locked door.

Yeah... um.

At least its behind a gate, at my estate.

LOL

Bob

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Ok...for you Michiganders.....what's the deal with the "Stop" sign on the hood of the police cars? The way it's positioned there's no way anyone would see it except from the side. Help me understand the logic behind this.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
It’s a state police tradition going way back. (‘30’s?) They still sport the old school gum ball light on the roof as well. Kind of cool, imo.

I had a friend whose older brother had one of the stop signs from the hood of a state trooper’s car in his bedroom. That took some balls to pull off in the ‘60’s.
Edit:
https://www.facebook.com/MichiganSt...ur-patrol-vehicles-check-out/387896307916247/

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
It’s a state police tradition going way back. (‘30’s?) They still sport the old school gum ball light on the roof as well. Kind of cool, imo.

I had a friend whose older brother had one of the stop signs from the hood of a state trooper’s car in his bedroom. That took some balls to pull off in the ‘60’s.
I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be seen from the side if they were backed in on the side of the road and then they could pull fwd a bit and light it up or something. Seeing it as it sits on the car just doesn't make sense to me.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Edit:
https://www.facebook.com/MichiganSt...ur-patrol-vehicles-check-out/387896307916247/
I'm not on facebook, so it won't let me see it. I'll do some google searching. Thanks.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be seen from the side if they were backed in on the side of the road and then they could pull fwd a bit and light it up or something. Seeing it as it sits on the car just doesn't make sense to me.

Its a part of the sobriety test. They get a suspected stoner or drunk, have them walk around the car, if it looks okay to them, they know the suspect is totally out of his mind on something. 😂

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I'm not on facebook, so it won't let me see it. I'll do some google searching. Thanks.
Me neither, but I was able to see it. Weird.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I had forgotten all about those Stop signs on the cars until I watched that video above.

Somewhere in the late 90's I was working on a helo fire crew up in Mio, Michigan and that was the first time I saw those signs on the MSP cars but everyone I asked didn't know what they were for.

I guess I should've asked the waitress at the only restaurant in town :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
I had forgotten all about those Stop signs on the cars until I watched that video above.

Somewhere in the late 90's I was working on a helo fire crew up in Mio, Michigan and that was the first time I saw those signs on the MSP cars but everyone I asked didn't know what they were for.

I guess I should've asked the waitress at the only restaurant in town :LOL::LOL::LOL:

You jest...but I have found that waitresses are often extremely smart, and know a lot, they make a great tour guide, and even better source of local info.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
You jest...but I have found that waitresses are often extremely smart, and know a lot, they make a great tour guide, and even better source of local info.
I don't jest at all.

For the same reasons.

The other pilot I was with was usually schtuping one of them.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
I've had a few or more waitresses in my life, never disappointing 😜

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Some of the garages I've built were way more expensive. 4 car finished interior lit up like ebbits field, high peak roof tied in to match the house and stone faced to match, 111k. But the point is still valid. I would have assumed most, except yuppies at town home / apt complexes would have full time garages.

And all that for 111k was actually a smoking deal for the client

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Some of the garages I've built were way more expensive. 4 car finished interior lit up like ebbits field, high peak roof tied in to match the house and stone faced to match, 111k. But the point is still valid. I would have assumed most, except yuppies at town home / apt complexes would have full time garages.

And all that for 111k was actually a smoking deal for the client
Sure a garage can be very expensive, but a basic 14 by 20 just to hold your precious car, can be cheap as dirt. Heck don't even run power to it, don't finish the inside walls, just keep car safe from sun, hail, thieves, etc. Sitting out in the sun is hell on a car. Ever seen what hail can do?
And out of sight, out of mind. Throw some 1/2 inch minus crush inside as the floor if concrete is out of your budget. You can do a lot of the manual labor yourself, saving even more. A garage can cost $5,000 or $5,000,000 it depends on your needs. But for $5,000 at least your car is inside.

Ps. My first garage I built with a couple friends. It was 16 by 20, the floor was old shingles off a neighbor's house he was getting reroofed. I pulled out the nails, wheeled them home in his wheelbarrow he lent me, and i put down 2 layers at a 90 degree angle to the 1st. The door was easy to lift by hand, no windows, vinyl siding, the man door was used, got it frame and all for $20. But my motorcycles, kayak, mountain bike, lawn mower, and pickup were inside was all that mattered. Cost me less than $2400. I wasn't willing to spend a fortune at the time, but needed something. That was my old duplex, I lived in half, rented the other side. I eventually built another garage like mine in the backyard of the otherside. I asked my tenant if she wanted a garage on her side, and if so was she willing to pay $100 / month more rent. She said yes, and so it was. Big difference was the man door on that side was new, and i got a truck load of crush delivered, shoveled it in, and compacted it with a self made tamping tool that cost me nothing. Have kept my tamping tool all these years and moves. Still works for loose gravel, filling up pot holes, and whatever...good exercise to.

Last edited: