Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Just got my recall notice from FCA

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Just picked mine up, looks like it was 2015-2017. Looks like they replaced the pcm and the cats. My exhaust tone is noticeably more mellow than before. If you’re not having emissions issues like I was I View attachment 20915 would think twice about it.
Did they replace the O2 sensors ?? I thought that was part of the recall.

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
This is all about the state of California sticking its nose in the rest of the worlds business.
I left that crap hole in 1995 and I have never looked back. Words can't even describe the difference in Life getting out of there. I mean it was already beyond horrible in 1995. Gives me chills to even think what it's like there now. :poop:

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
Did they replace the O2 sensors ?? I thought that was part of the recall.
Me too, but it doesn’t show on the receipt, I can call them and get more info. My service writer was off when I picked up the car so I didn’t get any additional information

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Read a little about the South Dakota thing. I'm sure you would have to run South Dakota plates
Yes. Your car is actually registered to a physical address that you can get with what they call a private mail box. You have to go there and stay for two days to establish a “residence”. The service then gives you this mail box that has a address in your name. You register your vehicle to that address and you get SD plates. You will also need to get SD insurance thru a agent that is working with that system. It is 100% legal and you do not need to get a SD drivers lic. From a legal standpoint it is the same as owning a second property there and registering your car to that address. This is still the USA and living in more than one place is still legal. I found all this out when I was RV traveling across the country. I kept seeing all the big motor homes with SD plates. I started talking with these people and found out why that was the case. I did it for five years until I sold my coach.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Yes. Your car is actually registered to a physical address that you can get with what they call a private mail box. You have to go there and stay for two days to establish a “residence”. The service then gives you this mail box that has a address in your name. You register your vehicle to that address and you get SD plates. You will also need to get SD insurance thru a agent that is working with that system. It is 100% legal and you do not need to get a SD drivers lic. From a legal standpoint it is the same as owning a second property there and registering your car to that address. This is still the USA and living in more than one place is still legal. I found all this out when I was RV traveling across the country. I kept seeing all the big motor homes with SD plates. I started talking with these people and found out why that was the case. I did it for five years until I sold my coach.
This is pretty cool. I was wondering about the insurance. Do they cover free glass breakage? Not to enthused about a long trip like that with the Hellcat. Probably drive it out in the trailer. I’m assuming they don’t have the front plate requirement?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
This is pretty cool. I was wondering about the insurance. Do they cover free glass breakage? Not to enthused about a long trip like that with the Hellcat. Probably drive it out in the trailer. I’m assuming they don’t have the front plate requirement?
You do not have to take the car. There is no inspection or emissions requirements to meet. I met RV'ers that had SD registration and plates that had never been there. The reason SD does this is to bring in revenue and the RV'ers do it to save on sales tax and annual tag fees in states that are high. SD doesn't give a $hit if the "high tax" states like it or not.
One of the reasons that all this started is because some RV'ers do it full time. They need a address to have mail sent to and these services function as that address.
Then when the customer is going to be in a place (campground) for a known period of time, they can have their mail forwarded.
I was living in Arizona at the time and their sales tax on my RV purchase was going to be $15,000. The tag was going to be $5,000 and that was going to be every year thereafter. I purchased the coach in Calif and had it delivered to the Arizona border to avoid Calif sales tax.
I immediately registered it in SD and paid a total of about $2500 tax and tag fees.
I was contacted by the State of Arizona about a year later asking why their records showed me taking possession of the vehicle (notarized transfer of title at possession) and no record of sales tax paid to AZ. I told them it was directly registered in another state. They requested the paperwork verifying that. I sent the SD sales tax and registration verification to them and that was the end of that. Never heard from them again. They know what the story is and there's nothing they can do about it because it's legal.
As far as insurance goes..... you have to purchase from a company that does business in that state. Thats the way insurance is. The services that are in the business of doing all this in SD will provide the info you need to do that.
All this info is available on line with a number of "mail box" business' doing this. My address was in Sioux Falls. Look them up and read all about it.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
If they tracked criminals the way they track people who they think owe them money there would almost be no crime. The American taxpayer. The true oppressed minority. Be careful who you vote for folks.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Got an appt to bring it in Tuesday. Just found out the girl in the service dept I went to school with no longer works there so that sucks. The new guy I talked to seemed clueless about this recall (He thought at first I had a van?) Then he tells me I need to bring it in first so they can plug it up so they can see what they need to do, order the parts, then bring it back to do the work. Wtf? I told him it was the V86 emissions recall, shouldn't they know what they have to do and what parts they need? I hope this isn't a bad sign, I really hate bringing my car there. Anyway the only reason I'm doing this is I was thinking of getting a tune with Dusterhoff and they said to go on and do this before to avoid any problems down the line.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Got an appt to bring it in Tuesday. Just found out the girl in the service dept I went to school with no longer works there so that sucks. The new guy I talked to seemed clueless about this recall (He thought at first I had a van?) Then he tells me I need to bring it in first so they can plug it up so they can see what they need to do, order the parts, then bring it back to do the work. Wtf? I told him it was the V86 emissions recall, shouldn't they know what they have to do and what parts they need? I hope this isn't a bad sign, I really hate bringing my car there. Anyway the only reason I'm doing this is I was thinking of getting a tune with Dusterhoff and they said to go on and do this before to avoid any problems down the line.
IIRC, the recall stated to make sure they have the parts. Talk to the service manager and don’t take the car in until they have the parts in stock. Or, find a different dealer.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Pharr
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 HellCat Charger
Has any one got the v86 recall fixed then got a CEL with code p062a (fuel pump code) notification?
Bad thing is that fuel pump isnt covered under warranty any more under the power train warranty on my 2016 HC Charger. But with the PCM (power train module) update which involves updating the ECU (engine control module) I researched what the ECU does and it controls the injection of fuel. Which i think they did the update wrong if I'm getting a CEL. Diagnostic revealed i need a fuel pump and cost me 140.00 dollars to tell me that 2 days after i got the recall fixed. I took it to another Dodge dealership for a second opinion due to the one i took it to originally not really seeming like they care. 2500.00 to replace/labor of 2 new fuel pumps is not something i wannt to invest unless i am absolute certain i need them.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Has any one got the v86 recall fixed then got a CEL with code p062a (fuel pump code) notification?
Bad thing is that fuel pump isnt covered under warranty any more under the power train warranty on my 2016 HC Charger. But with the PCM (power train module) update which involves updating the ECU (engine control module) I researched what the ECU does and it controls the injection of fuel. Which i think they did the update wrong if I'm getting a CEL. Diagnostic revealed i need a fuel pump and cost me 140.00 dollars to tell me that 2 days after i got the recall fixed. I took it to another Dodge dealership for a second opinion due to the one i took it to originally not really seeming like they care. 2500.00 to replace/labor of 2 new fuel pumps is not something i wannt to invest unless i am absolute certain i need them.
New pump is about $400.

Labor is an hour.

P062A refers ONLY to the primary pump (driver side), or the crossover pressure sensor, not the passenger side pump.

Absolutely no need to swap both. Passenger side is a scavenger pump that transfers fuel back to the driver side. It has no bearing on the CEL.

The CEL refers to fuel PSI in a predetermined amount of time. If the network fails to see this threshold, it sets a code. Could be caused by the pressure sensor, in the fuel rail, or a bad primary pump.

Upon this code being set, the pump is choked down to 80% output. Be careful at WOT, for lean conditions.

There was a Canadian recall for the crossover pressure sensor. It is available on this forum, in the maintenance section.

A new primary pump has a different pin configuration, at the connector. You will need to either install a new car side connector (included in the pump kit), or change the pin assignments, in the original connector.

I did mine, myself, 2 years ago. No problems, since.

Highly unlikely it is related to the recall.

Bob

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Got my, both pumps, replaced and the converters with the fuel rails 3 times over. Shine time and a ride on US 19 at 130 plus.