Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jailbreak Redeye's coming soon

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Thread Starter #301
Sorry, poor wording on my part. I should have said, "The dealer was not charging a 30k ADM fee for the Jailbreak."
Every dealer is different. Koons seems to want 30k over MSRP. Your dealer doesnt. You just made 30k by not going to Koons lol. Good day at the office I guess.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Every dealer is different. Koons seems to want 30k over MSRP. Your dealer doesnt. You just made 30k by not going to Koons lol. Good day at the office I guess.

They lost a ton of credibility.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
They lost a ton of credibility.
Koons will come off this ridiculous 30g ADM when they realize the low interest in the whole jailbreak concept...the whole program is ill conceived...

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Koons will come off this ridiculous 30g ADM when they realize the low interest in the whole jailbreak concept...the whole program is ill conceived...
I agree! I was planning, if I purchased the Jailbreak, traveling to Virginia, as my son is stationed there. I was hopping to save a chunk of money on a new Hellcat and have a nice visit. On to plan B, scratch Koons off the to do list...

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
I'm not begruding them for trying to make more money, like I said they are opportunistic, what I'm saying is in this case it really doesn't make sense to limit production (if that's what stellantis is doing) and then B charging markup for a car that's no different than any other redeye except its trim name.

I'm pointing out that it's not just a dealer issue, the fault lies on the manufacturer just as much as the dealer.

If the Jailbreak was a special edition with 850 hp or 900 hp, or whatever else to make it special then by all means ask for adm, but it's no different than last years Redeye 🤣.

Almost Every dealer in this market is greedy, they all refuse manufacturer set plans like employee pricing, a/x/z plan, they are all bumping the mf/apr wherever they can, charging adm's on mass produced vehicles, unwanted packages are being forced to be bought or you don't buy the car, etc etc.

Whatever you thought dealers were in the past is 100x worse today because there is a shortage of supply and a skyrocket in demand. I have no problems with dealers offering no discounts, but to then turn around and bonk as many customers on the head as possible is a completely different thing.

Like I said any shenanigans that are/were done in the past are being compounded today, I'm seeing dealers force "prep" packages with bs like nitro fill,rust protection etc etc for $2500,$3500,$4500, etc etc.

I never have sympathy for dealers because it's a business, but on top of that it's a business with some of the sneakiest people you may ever meet.

When the market corrects in 12-24 months you will see how different dealers act.
You also have to consider in 24 months, these cars will no longer be available new.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
I'm reading on the TRX forum that there will be a holy grail car coming within this 2 year period. I hope it's something that finally bust the Demon ego ballon.
Holy Grail also means you'll have to be the Pope to get one.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Of all the things done with the Challenger/Charger the jailbreak had the a ton of promise but has turned out to be the biggest FK U to people who want a new Redeye. When Tim announced it I "ass-u-me-d" theyd offer nearly the entire color palate or at least a few of the colors we havent seen in a while. PC, B5, Limelight, Green Go, phantom black, ivory white, redline.

When they didnt, it was disappointing but figured hey $1000 to eliminate all the normal color and whell combo roadblocks wasnt horrible. But when they eliminated nearly all the option combos from all the other cars, that was a big WTF!?!? Then the "limit to 3000 a year" bullshit. I can only imagine this isnt what Dodge wants but maybe Stellantis not wanting to pay the EPA FINES/carbon credits for each HC RE that someone orders, on top of that they make the other options as unattractive as possible and they save even more $$$. Dodge may want to give the people what they want but Im sure Stellatis doesnt give a FK. Then again if it is a parts inventory cleanout, they prob dont want to have to put in more orders for smaller batches of odd color interior/exterior bits so they just limit it.
Either that or supply chain issues and getting some of the special interior bits would hold up orders and builds so if you simplify it to the stuff thats easy to get, you are able to push out more cars. Dunno

Most dealers will be the POS they normally are so no getting around that.
Shitty way to run a railroad in the twilight years of the line for sure.

Last edited:

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Of all the things done with the Challenger/Charger the jailbreak had the a ton of promise but has turned out to be the biggest FK U to people who want a new Redeye. When Tim announced it I "ass-u-me-d" theyd offer nearly the entire color palate or at least a few of the colors we havent seen in a while. PC, B5, Limelight, Green Go, phantom black, ivory white, redline.

When they didnt, it was disappointing but figured hey $1000 to eliminate all the normal color and whell combo roadblocks wasnt horrible. But when they eliminated nearly all the option combos from all the other cars, that was a big WTF!?!? Then the "limit to 3000 a year" bullshit. I can only imagine this isnt what Dodge wants but maybe Stellantis not wanting to pay the EPA FINES/carbon credits for each HC RE that someone orders, on top of that they make the other options as unattractive as possible and they save even more $$$. Dodge may want to give the people what they want but Im sure Stellatis doesnt give a FK. Then again if it is a parts inventory cleanout, they prob dont want to have to put in more orders for smaller batches of odd color interior/exterior bits so they just limit it.
Either that or supply chain issues and getting some of the special interior bits would hold up orders and builds so if you simplify it to the stuff thats easy to get, you are able to push out more cars. Dunno

First I've heard of a 3K unit/year limit.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
I'm not liking the color choices. We wanted a brighter color. Wife isn't on board with any of the colors since she would be driving it. We were both hoping for a yellow.
Stinger Yellow may be a mid MY option, watch the Jailbreak release video on YT, a yellow car is shown. Easter Egg?

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
5% below on jailbreaks? I saw the thread on regular Redeyes. Just did a search for jailbreak on here and nothing comes up as far as ordering except for this thread.
Nope, Koons 30K ADM on Jailbreaks.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Oh WOW! Koons should be embarrassed to ask 30K over MSRP for any car! I bet a few that were considering getting a JB car from Koons will go somewhere else if they read this……
I was there today, they did not look embarrassed at all, just cocky.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
I got a 5, 10, and 30 ADM. I contacted 5 dealerships yesterday. My local had me thinking the deal would be done but once everything once spec'd out in store he came back with the 10 ADM and wouldn't budge as I orrfered 5 which I didn't really want to do. The other two said they would find out and call me right back and I've not heard back. The 5 ADM got my VIN for the Durango HC for the trade and then stopped responding. I suspect they changed their mind about the 5. But Mush said he would help find a dealership and I'm gonna call a few more today. Surely they all cant be bad.
My Dealer in SW Ohio is offering me MSRP but order was placed a month ago and not D1 yet. Allocations seem to be the hold up right now.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Not buying it. My money says that’s a Bull$hit sales tactic. Nowhere has it been released that the JB is a limited production model. An email from a salesperson is different than truth in a lot of cases. This wouldve been all over the press material as a selling point.
I agree with it being a sales tactic. I told the guy at Koons today that Dodge would be killing their Direct Connection sales potential if they were to limit production of the cars that are targeted for such modifications.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
Ordered a Jailbreak Challenger yesterday for MSRP. Hum... maybe I will make somebody a great deal and flip it for $20k over.
Please dear Lord don't any of you tell my wife $20k is there for the taking!
Curious, what is your current order status? I am west of you in Greene County.

555 Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairborn
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 SRT Jailbreak
I still don't get what Koons was saying here. Are they or are they not charging THIRTY THOUSAND OVER STICKER for the 2022 Jailbreak option?

If so, they burned ALL previous goodwill and should GTFO with that nonsense.
They are, was standing inside their building today.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Koons is located in the Richest part of the COUNTRY they can do this stuff and people will pay it and even beg for it. How do I know this.....I live 40 minutes from them.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Koons is located in the Richest part of the COUNTRY they can do this stuff and people will pay it and even beg for it. How do I know this.....I live 40 minutes from them.
We all know that you're rich with all of the cars, trucks and bikes that you have.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
ZL

Look the Stellantis folk are European...bad teeth..bad breath..skinnly little fucks...Remember the metric system...???..they aint gonna give us what we want...face it we got sold out..:(:(:(

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
We all know that you're rich with all of the cars, trucks and bikes that you have.
No car rich CASH POOR no lie. Im the guy who always buys the latest greatest car for the last 30 plus years. But eventually it has too end and went from 24 cars year ago to 14 so I am making headway😳

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
He has an oil well in his back yard...o_Oo_Oo_O