Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Is Vroom a Safe way to Sell

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I sold both of my vehicles to Carvana about a month ago. Submitted copies of all the paperwork they wanted online, made my appointment for pickup, they came, looked at the vehicles, had me sign the paperwork right there (they did not want the title signed), paid me electronically (I opted for that over getting a paper check). I got both text and email that they had sent payment. Money was in my bank account the next morning when I checked.

No fuss, no muss, quick and easy.

Carvana offered the most money for my vehicles at the time and they were higher than Vroom for my particular vehicles.

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
I just sent the title for my Redeye WB to Vroom. They technically own it now.
Vroom is a little slow picking up vehicles.
I sold them my Golf R about a month ago. It took a week for the Hot Shot driver to pick it up..........in the rain.........at 11:30 P.M.
They took it to a giant holding yard in Tracy, Ca. Must be 1500 cars sitting there ready to move all across the country.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Waiting on my quote for 2018 Charger Hellcat with 22,100 miles. Curious, but not looking to sell...but you never know if $$$ is right. This market is ridiculous.

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
I think the used car prices we see right now will adjust downward when the chip shortage for new ones ramps back up.
In my area, dealers are asking more than MSRP for pickups. This was unheard of just a few months ago.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Just got a price on my 2019 Redeye and I would be crazy not to take it but they want the signed title before the check comes. Has anyone felt with this type of Company. I think Caravan offers the same service but have not checked there yet. Just want to know if anyone else has dealt with Vroom before.
It is legit, algo is the most professional and on time but nothing wrong with vroom or carvana. Vroom is a bit busy so just stay patient but everything is legit.

I think @Magnified used givemethevin or talked to them, they are worth a shot too, though you might have just gotten a crazy offer from vroom there is no harm in shopping around while ur continuing the process with vroom.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I think the used car prices we see right now will adjust downward when the chip shortage for new ones ramps back up.
In my area, dealers are asking more than MSRP for pickups. This was unheard of just a few months ago.
Yeah crazy demand on trucks, msrp all day and some of the scummy dealers are doing adm.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Give me the vin was ok. As noted, they gave me all but 1000 that they send out once they've gotten the title from The lien holder. In this case usaa

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The question is who has done this. To sign the title over and not have the check is scary to me.But if someone has done this and knows it is safe . I am OK with it.
I don't care if the buyer is carrying a cross and wearin a crown of thorns....I'm not signing the title over to anybody...without the funds...but that's just me...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I sold both of my vehicles to Carvana about a month ago. Submitted copies of all the paperwork they wanted online, made my appointment for pickup, they came, looked at the vehicles, had me sign the paperwork right there (they did not want the title signed), paid me electronically (I opted for that over getting a paper check). I got both text and email that they had sent payment. Money was in my bank account the next morning when I checked.

No fuss, no muss, quick and easy.

Carvana offered the most money for my vehicles at the time and they were higher than Vroom for my particular vehicles.
Amazing what some people will pay for a used mustang...:giggle::giggle:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I don't care if the buyer is carrying a cross and wearin a crown of thorns....I'm not signing the title over to anybody...without the funds...but that's just me...
A dealer will have you sign the title over to them and then handle your payoff and positive equity.

Only difference here is everything is done electronically and at a slower pace.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Amazing what some people will pay for a used mustang...:giggle::giggle:
Hell....it's amazing what I'll pay for a used Mustang :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yep, the new trucks in my area are now all marked up at least $2k over sticker.

Chuck

Founding Member
Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye Super Stock
Sent my title to them they arranged pickup they came and got car 2 days later money was deposited in my account one of the easiest transaction I have done with a car

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I just cant see these national well known companies picking up cars and then not paying for them. The repercussions would be huge to all involved with the likes of Vroom. First the driver who picks up the vehicle will be the accessory to the crime, then you will have paperwork that would be Interstate or Intrastate trans actions based on where the car was picked up. Which in turn goes Federal or state or both. Then you have all communications via the Internet and thats also another crime. Then the sale of the vehicle of those who participated in selling the vehicle and who purchases it. The list of crimes would be excessive and the consequences would be severe and far outweighs the net gains which in the end would be huge losses, jail time and destroy the business.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I just cant see these national well known companies picking up cars and then not paying for them. The repercussions would be huge to all involved with the likes of Vroom. First the driver who picks up the vehicle will be the accessory to the crime, then you will have paperwork that would be Interstate or Intrastate trans actions based on where the car was picked up. Which in turn goes Federal or state or both. Then you have all communications via the Internet and thats also another crime. Then the sale of the vehicle of those who participated in selling the vehicle and who purchases it. The list of crimes would be excessive and the consequences would be severe and far outweighs the net gains which in the end would be huge losses, jail time and destroy the business.
Not to mention they have no incentive, they make hand over fist by selling to buyers who aren't knowledgeable or have sub prime credit.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Damn Carvana came back on my 2019 under 5k miles wide body 92k sticker for 60K 😳. And Vroom came back at 75k but that makes me scratch my head since @SunnyS is a narrow body and what was the retail on yours Sunny?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Damn Carvana came back on my 2019 under 5k miles wide body 92k sticker for 60K 😳. And Vroom came back at 75k but that makes me scratch my head since @SunnyS is a narrow body and what was the retail on yours Sunny?
yikes...32,000.00 hit for 2 years...wtf...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
A bankruptcy or insolvency....could leave you hanging..with no criminal ramifications...while unlikely..the possibility exists...after all.. its not like these companies have been around for decades..anything is possible...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
that's one reason I sold. I think I paid 64-65K at 0%. Knew I had buy out at 43K or thereabouts. so, after 4 years and 24,500 miles sold for 54500. So, around $2500 depreciation per year? I hated like hell to get rid of the car but if was ever going to do it, now was the time. Though I wish I had kept the HR5s with 305 Mickey T ET Street SSs, but the OEMs had no rubber on them at all and makes no sense to spring for new tires at that point.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
But hell no, without a check in hand, car was not going anywhere.