Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Is It Safe To Park An EV In The Garage?

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Short answer..,NO!!!

We have a cinder block building that is 50’ from every other structure that any and all questionable lithium batteries go into a special transport crate that is locked and then stored in that building for a minimum of two weeks before we can do anything with them!

If batteries are so good then why did we switch all of our PIVs over to hydrogen when they were already battery powered?!!!!

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
No.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
about as safe as having Fauci in charge of your health!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Austin
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
Statistically gas cars are still much more likely to catch fire than an EV. The issue is that when an EV does go up in smoke, it's much more severe. And naturally gets more press coverage. In an enclosed area such as shipping container, with other combustible sources (e.g., large batteries, gasoline), it's not going to be pretty.

If either vehicle catches fire in your garage at home there are more than enough "fuel" sources for the fire to cause some serious damage. Which is why I keep fire extinguishers, cameras, and other smart sensors in my house/garage to detect for such an incident. Regardless of whether I happen to have an electric or gas powered vehicles.

Also, be sure to keep up with recalls on your vehicles!