Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How To Install Hurst Pistol Grip Shifter P/N: 5380437

Dan Trimix

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort White
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 SRT Premium
Anyone aware of a thread concerning or showcasing this subject? Have been unable to locate the specific DDSRT installation procedure. Cheers

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Same as the Challenger? Directions are on the Holley website.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

OP
Dan Trimix

Dan Trimix

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort White
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 SRT Premium
Thread Starter #3
Kind sir, that is in fact incorrect. A closer review of the instructions reveals Holley does not reference the Durango, other than 18-23 fitment, on the website nor in the installation instructions with the product. That is to say, the Durango is a different animal. So, here's what I have synopsis wise... contacted Hurst tech support. Tyler, I believe he was option 2, did the best job he could however, he had never dealt with this situation and contacted “engineering” with an assurance they would contact me with assistance. Never happened, so I called back a couple of days later. I of course waited on hold for nearly 20 minutes while Tyler speaks with them. Short answer, "pull up really hard on the back of the console at the upper most division and it will separate." Bad information, the console must be removed and overturned to remove the fasteners in order to perform that function. After all that, there is nowhere within the console to stow the OEM shift handle without damaging it or itself being an obstruction to re-fitment. Of course, the pictures tell the balance of the story. A ½ inch bit at the one o’clock position solved the equation. Additionally, the worthless allen head set screw provided does not secure the handle to the shaft adequately, it wobbles around and feels like junk. So, off to the hardware store for a pan head replacement. A benefit to solving that problem, it also helps hold ziptie firmly. Furthermore, the aforementioned procedure would likely require less than 15 minutes. Cheers

P.S. Recommend using a mechanics mirror to verify the drilling area is clear of cabling, etc.

Attachments

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Kind sir, that is in fact incorrect. A closer review of the instructions reveals Holley does not reference the Durango, other than 18-23 fitment, on the website nor in the installation instructions with the product. That is to say, the Durango is a different animal. So, here's what I have synopsis wise... contacted Hurst tech support. Tyler, I believe he was option 2, did the best job he could however, he had never dealt with this situation and contacted “engineering” with an assurance they would contact me with assistance. Never happened, so I called back a couple of days later. I of course waited on hold for nearly 20 minutes while Tyler speaks with them. Short answer, "pull up really hard on the back of the console at the upper most division and it will separate." Bad information, the console must be removed and overturned to remove the fasteners in order to perform that function. After all that, there is nowhere within the console to stow the OEM shift handle without damaging it or itself being an obstruction to re-fitment. Of course, the pictures tell the balance of the story. A ½ inch bit at the one o’clock position solved the equation. Additionally, the worthless allen head set screw provided does not secure the handle to the shaft adequately, it wobbles around and feels like junk. So, off to the hardware store for a pan head replacement. A benefit to solving that problem, it also helps hold ziptie firmly. Furthermore, the aforementioned procedure would likely require less than 15 minutes. Cheers

P.S. Recommend using a mechanics mirror to verify the drilling area is clear of cabling, etc.
Ok, that's why the question mark on same as Challenger. Glad you got it straightened out and enjoy the shifter as I love mine.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

OP
Dan Trimix

Dan Trimix

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fort White
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 SRT Premium
Thread Starter #5
10-4, I interpreted that as Challenger/Charger. I love it as well and I'm old school at heart but always embracing new technological. Anyway, it's being debuted Saturday at our MOPAR club cruise. I hope this will entice some fence sitters and would love to see other DDSRT installations in this forum and of course, read their stories. Cheers

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yo Ft White dude. Youz be dee 2nd persun I have spoken wit frum tat town. A good buddy of mine living hea. He'd has a brudda living in Ft White. I went dare once fer a canoe trip, and what a trip. 3 dayz of sumtin. Pistul grip is own my list of retro fittin my HC. I do need all dee info I can get. This was interesting. I need dat and a shaker hood and that's it fer retro. I have dun da rest.