Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How many people purchased an extended warranty on their Hellcat?

How many people purchased an extended warranty on their Hellcat?

• Yes

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Plan to

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Curious to see how many people plan to or currently purchased an extended warranty on their Hellcat.

Last edited:

TOMMYJR9

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
I will

Nrvsnrg45

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger
Yep, i did it on this car. Was worth it to me for piece of mind.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I added the warranty on this car. I did a harness bar in it which will hurt nothing. But its basically a 10 second car with a 200 mph top end. Thats good enough for me. The other side of the coin is mods etc. Just have to flip to what side you like. My warranty was 8 years 60000 miles. Its transferable for $75.00 and if you want out, you get the prorated portion back. I will never hit the milage end of it. But may keep this car for a few years past the factory warranty!

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Got the MOPAR 7/75 with no deductible on my '15. Out of new car warranty now but getting a new half shaft tomorrow, from a failed CV boot, thanks to the extended warranty.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I did MaxCare B-to-B out to 2026 for my Demon. If I don't have a claim (during the "extended" portion) I get every dime back. Worth it just for the blower alone (which incidentally does NOT count as a drivetrain component and as such, will not be covered after 3 yrs and 1 day).

As a bonus, I am using my 10% cashback FCA Demon cc to make interest free payments (over 2 yrs), so I could potentially end up "making" a few hundred bux in the process. The main reason I did it though was piece of mind. Sh*t Happens...

Last edited:

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yep, ended up getting the extended (max protection).

Member ID
Reactions
City
Austin
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Hellcat
Me too - I got an 8 year / 75,000 mile Maximum Care warranty with a $100 deductible. Keep in mind that you'll hear a lot of different numbers from people and that is because you can fine tune things to your liking - change the mileage limit, change the deductible, etc. The price of the package fluctuates as you tweak these values.

I'm going to stick with cosmetic changes for the most part and keep my drive train in tact during this period. I'm only averaging about 7000 miles per year right now, so I'll likely hit the time limit before I hit the mileage limit. Peace of mind around the supercharger, rear end, and anything else of significant cost to replace was the main reason why I bought the warranty.

Last edited:

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Me too - I got an 8 year / 75,000 mile Maximum Care warranty with a $100 deductible. Keep in mind that you'll hear a lot of different number from people and that is because you can fine tune things to your liking - change the mileage limit, change the deductible, etc. The price of the package fluctuates as you tweak these values.

I'm going to stick with cosmetic changes for the most part and keep my drive train in tact during this period. I'm only averaging about 7000 miles per year right now, so I'll likely hit the time limit before I hit the mileage limit. Peace of mind around the supercharger, rear end, and anything else of significant cost to replace was the main reason why I bought the warranty.
Pretty much the same. On my 16 HC I had changed out the rear-end, added a Diff. Brace, Catch Can, LMI CAI, Eibach Springs, etc, etc.
My 19 HC will pretty much just be external (cosmetic) changes. Things I know will not affect the warranty (for a few years at least).

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Yep, i did it on this car. Was worth it to me for piece of mind.
Same here - used but bought the warranty. Definetly not something I usually do, especially on a used vehicle, but piece of mind was worth it for me.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Same here - used but bought the warranty. Definetly not something I usually do, especially on a used vehicle, but piece of mind was worth it for me.
Same here...don't usually do them. I purchased Maxcare 7 year/60,000 mile extended.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Got a powertrain warranty on my ‘16 because of all the SC replacements and I’m only putting about 3k miles a year on it.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Schaumburg
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Just picked up my 16 last weekend so I have some Powertrain left on it but most likely will buy something. My Scat under OEM bumper to bumper had to have the rear diff replaced (very common) with only 15k on the car never raced it just street driving. Now with having the additional concern of the SC on this car going to do a minimum extended powertrain but may just pony up for full. We'll see. I had a lot of time left on my extended 15 Scat warranty when I bought the lease out so I've got money coming back from that and probably just put it towards warranty for this car.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Me too - I got an 8 year / 75,000 mile Maximum Care warranty with a $100 deductible. Keep in mind that you'll hear a lot of different numbers from people and that is because you can fine tune things to your liking - change the mileage limit, change the deductible, etc. The price of the package fluctuates as you tweak these values.

You are correct in your statement on the warranty. I thought the same way with all the expensive stuff this car has to offer if it needs fixed. And wrench time near $150 per hour is not cheap! eg: A possible supercharger as you mentioned, if it were not covered under the current new car warranty!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Nope , a waste of money to me , if anything is wrong with it , it will normally be in the first 3 / 5 years of the standard warranty anyway.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Would have bought it, but not going to pay full MSRP for it (thanks to the slimy FL legislators & stealers assoc) when you can get it heavily discounted in every other state !

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I am usually against extended but with this engine being out a couple of years,,,, don't want to be the 1st one on the bus stop. I am glad I did even though the Hell Bush Cat is 1 year old. Top end has been replaced 3 times amonst a lot of other stuff. A lot of stuff. And if this is

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Let me count the ways,, 3 top ends, 4 fuel rails, 2 catalytic converters 3 gaskets from manifolds to mufflers, injectors, and more stuff. Chrysler sent a rep down to attempt to figure this poltergeist out 2 times. Almost went to the lemon law. Very hard to especially in Florida. But if this guy pulled the plug,,,, Cat in the Hat would have been gone. Checked on the paint yesterday and looking very good. Will check again this afternoon. Chrysler has 2 factory reds they use. I took the lighter shade,, good choice. Lighter than Merlot but not a Zinfandel.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Took my '15 Challenger in today for a CV boot failure which means new half shaft. 3 year factory warranty is gone but still covered under the factory 100K drivetrain warranty...yay! I also have a Mopar 7/75 and glad I do for that other stuff.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've always felt extended warranties on anything were kind of a waste of money. I've only ever bought one (on my Wife's Hyundai Genesis Coupe Track Edition) as I wasn't sure how good a Hyundai would be. We never used it, money down the drain.

On a car like the Hellcat that I bought with the intention of racing, etc, the warranty is voided anyway, so didn't make sense to buy another one to get voided as well. These two hands and some buddies will have to be the warranty I reckon.