Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hornet Comparison Test Stats

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Interesting. Not far from a Toyota.

1715793915051 copy.jpg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
One new car mag i have tested like 8 suvs and the Hornet came in at the middle. May be from that article

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
That 268hp and 14.5 1/4 mile sure fires up my inner child.. ...:rolleyes:

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
That 268hp and 14.5 1/4 mile sure fires up my inner child.. ...:rolleyes:
I m pretty sure my moms 1977 Camaro with a 305 CID was 145 HP

To leave any rubber on the road I had to pull the E brake

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
So, according to those stats it comes in first for acceleration... but /last/ for MPG, and requires 91 octane to do it. Doesn't this miss the whole goal? To increase their fleet MPG average and appeal to a demographic that is cost-conscientious?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
The RAV4 buyers want reliable, cheap appliances.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Smallest in all dimensions, smallest gas tank, worst MPG & range, heaviest, needs Prem fuel - at least they put quality tires on it, but still unclear 'who' the target market is for the thing !

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Smallest in all dimensions, smallest gas tank, worst MPG & range, heaviest, needs Prem fuel - at least they put quality tires on it, but still unclear 'who' the target market is for the thing !
It was a nice attempt but again, the Rav4 segment of buyers are not what Dodge has been cultivating for the last 6-7 years.

The muscle car crowd doesn't want a CUV.
The CUV crowd looks at Dodge and says "ewww"

How is it, that the only people who didn't see this coming, are the ones steering the ship? Baffles my mind.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Market
Market
Market

1715891416985.png

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Market
Market
Market
Well, if their marketing is what we need to go by, so far they're targeting 12 year olds...

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
It was a nice attempt but again, the Rav4 segment of buyers are not what Dodge has been cultivating for the last 6-7 years.

The muscle car crowd doesn't want a CUV.
The CUV crowd looks at Dodge and says "ewww"

How is it, that the only people who didn't see this coming, are the ones steering the ship? Baffles my mind.
Stellain’tus figured if they ran ads featuring the A-hole with the deep voice calling us brothers, we’d buy in. Pretty insulting.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
But, but, but TK fessed up in that one dog & pony show and admitted 'we' were not the target audience - it was to attract a whole new audience (which he failed to define). He then went on to say they got 14k orders the day ordering opened. Guess the target audience was a whole lot thinner than they expected after the 14k who were actually interested ordered.

They are acting like the intel said this was going to be a low cal Hellcat and take the market by storm :rolleyes:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
WTF is this thing? This item absolutely sucks wind Stellantis and Dodge. YOU HAVE FAILED.
YOU HAVE ENGINEERED A PIECE OF GARBAGE! I would not even have one of those if you gave it to me. As I spit to the side.

We won’t even talk about its awful performance, looks, storage, space, handling, & braking. I own this old 2019 Challenger Redeye Widebody with a supercharger that has a larger displacement than this piece of raw shit has in engine displacement. I can drive a combo of local and city freeways and this is what it delivers for gas mileage! Shove those economy numbers for the government up where the sun never reaches. U-SUCK!

IMG_8672.png

I genuinely hope you go out of business and broke, I am ashamed you even call that whatever a Dodge that has the same nameplate as my Challenger and Durango. They don’t want me to post performance its weight and gas mileage from that big unit do they?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I get 21/22 mpg out of my Hellcat on my Sunday romps-to-nowhere. I was getting 19/20 out of my DD R/T poking around town.
So downsizing to this punny POS nets me 5 mpg - F that !!!!!

Further reference - wife's Infiniti Redsport 400 (400 hp - TT 3.0 V6) gets 22 around town and 27 @ 75 mph on the freeway.
My new Genesis GV70 (375 hp - 3.5 TT V6) is getting 20/21 around town and is not yet broken in.

A breathed on POS Alpha Toenail with an I4 @ $45k ............................

th-657477106.jpg

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
WTF is this thing? This item absolutely sucks wind Stellantis and Dodge. YOU HAVE FAILED.
YOU HAVE ENGINEERED A PIECE OF GARBAGE! I would not even have one of those if you gave it to me. As I spit to the side.

We won’t even talk about its awful performance, looks, storage, space, handling, & braking. I own this old 2019 Challenger Redeye Widebody with a supercharger that has a larger displacement than this piece of raw shit has in engine displacement. I can drive a combo of local and city freeways and this is what it delivers for gas mileage! Shove those economy numbers for the government up where the sun never reaches. U-SUCK!

View attachment 139390

I genuinely hope you go out of business and broke, I am ashamed you even call that whatever a Dodge that has the same nameplate as my Challenger and Durango. They don’t want me to post performance its weight and gas mileage from that big unit do they?
That's great for a RE! My '15 used to get great milage with PLENTY of power too! Best I've managed with my current RE is 21.5........not that I bought either for gas milage! :LOL:
IMG_0944.JPG

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
BMW XM somehow mates a twin turbo V8 to a hybrid trans on a large SUV and is able to make 670hp and get over 40MPGe, runs 11s, and a 0-60 in the 3s. All while weighing in at svelte 6,000lbs

Dodge fucked up.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
What a GAINT......

Unknown (13).jpeg