Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcats Represent the Best of Modern Street/Strip Cars Period!

Member ID
Reactions
City
webster
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 challenger hellcat
When I was a young man in the late 80's and early 90's Foxbody Mustangs were the most consistently fast, consistently reliable group of cars that were driven to local tracks weekend after weekend and ran good times (11 second ET's back in that day) and drove home. If you were into racing at that time period it was pretty hard to argue there was a better street/strip platform.

Fast forward to 2021 and I strongly argue that Hellcats represent the best street/strip platform available today.
Case in point:
Here in Houston there are a group of Hellcats (mine included) that race almost every week year round, drive to and from the track up to 60 miles each way, always run consistent times (like bracket cars), and never break or have issues. There are a lot of supercharged coyote mustangs, Camaro ZL1's, pullied down CTSV's, GT 500's etc. in Houston. While there are a few random, generally specific drag built modern cars that are quicker than us, every once in a while, we as a brand group (Hellcat variant) are consistently the fastest group, and it's really not even close week to week. to be honest.
Our weekly race crew:
Stock Boost/Pump Gas 15' HC - mid 10's in summer shit DA, low 10's in good DA
Stock Boost/Pump Gas 16' HC - mid 10's in summer shit DA, low 10's in good DA
2.85 Pulley/Pump Gas 16' HC - Bottom 10's summer DA, 9.70-80's good DA
E85 2.75 Pulley Redeye 19' - High 9's summer DA, mid 9's good DA
E85 Trackhawk - Mid 10's summer DA

Even though they are heavy, Hellcats represent the best modern street/strip platform available when you combine ease of modification, unbelievable durability, and like clockwork consistent performance. Anyone care to argue?

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Not to mention excellent street cars, especially for us big guys.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
With bad kneezs.

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye
I love my Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye, but the Coyote Mustang from Ford takes that award without breaking a sweat. The aftermarket support is phenomenal and only the dicks at EPA will end its wild success.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
I love my Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye, but the Coyote Mustang from Ford takes that award without breaking a sweat. The aftermarket support is phenomenal and only the dicks at EPA will end its wild success.
I disagree. Just sold me 2020 gt500 because of the boring power delivery of that engine. Mine was tuned on pump and made 790 wheel. No torque but it did scream on the top end at 8k. Nothing like the feel of the hemi torque.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I almost bought a 2021 gt500 this year. I was convinced it was the car I wanted. I went over the gt500 forums and was actually talked out of it. They said if I want the feeling of a muscle car and I like drag racing to stay with the hellcat. Some guys on there even missed the brutal power of the cat.
I will say the gen 3 coyote is impressive and makes great power and the A10 trans is no joke. But if you want the best most reliable 9 second car the hellcat is that all day.

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I disagree. Just sold me 2020 gt500 because of the boring power delivery of that engine. Mine was tuned on pump and made 790 wheel. No torque but it did scream on the top end at 8k. Nothing like the feel of the hemi torque.
That you you didn't like the GT500 is not what the OP was talking about. Coyote came out in 2011 and is common as dirt and because it has been out so long, you can do anything from mild to wild and not break the bank. I won't talk about how popular it is to swap wrecked motors into other things.

A twin turbo base 5.0 A10 is just a cheap ridiculously fast feelings hurter.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
scuse me.jpg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yes we have. I waz insramental in my neighbor purchasing the Roush mustang. Even though he has had 4 different ones. Mostly cobras. I looked most of em and at least got him looking. Him, not having the 80k, he went with the specialized stang. He loves it,, so much he may drive it 3 times a month. i just don't sea any compatetion there.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
That you you didn't like the GT500 is not what the OP was talking about. Coyote came out in 2011 and is common as dirt and because it has been out so long, you can do anything from mild to wild and not break the bank. I won't talk about how popular it is to swap wrecked motors into other things.

A twin turbo base 5.0 A10 is just a cheap ridiculously fast feelings hurter.
Coming from a 13 Mustang that was supercharger to the Hellcat it is a better car all the way around. Mine was just an e85 tune away from being well in the 9's but not at the drag strip it was no where near the daily driver as the Hellcat.

To each their own on what they like. There is a thread about Racer X switching from a Hellcat to a twin turbo Mustang. His newest video says it is faster from 60-130, we will see what it does at the track when he gets it there. I had a 9 second car almost 20 years ago so not a big deal to me to build something faster. The thing with the Hellcats for the most part they are a pulley change where the Mustang is more of a build adding a supercharger or turbos

I think the title was more of a factory car compared to others where the coyote would be a 11 second car without a power adder so not apple to apples. The GT500 would be more to it but I have only seen one at the track for the NMCA race. I'm yet to see a stock one or slightly modded one show to the track

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Coming from a 13 Mustang that was supercharger to the Hellcat it is a better car all the way around. Mine was just an e85 tune away from being well in the 9's but not at the drag strip it was no where near the daily driver as the Hellcat.

To each their own on what they like. There is a thread about Racer X switching from a Hellcat to a twin turbo Mustang. His newest video says it is faster from 60-130, we will see what it does at the track when he gets it there. I had a 9 second car almost 20 years ago so not a big deal to me to build something faster. The thing with the Hellcats for the most part they are a pulley change where the Mustang is more of a build adding a supercharger or turbos

I think the title was more of a factory car compared to others where the coyote would be a 11 second car without a power adder so not apple to apples. The GT500 would be more to it but I have only seen one at the track for the NMCA race. I'm yet to see a stock one or slightly modded one show to the track
That could change. My cousin works with a guy who told him if he goes this fall to let him know and he’ll bring his gt500 out. I think he’s stock on a drag radial. You vs him would be a fun race to watch. They compare the gt500 more to the redeye but I think driver would come down to it and I think you’d beat him with running a 10.6.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
As I’ve said before, it’s good to KING.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I don't know about that. Some guys over younder like to beez queens.

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle

For comfort, my challenger beats the Mustang hands down. Ford just didn't make that many GT500, not surprising there aren't many at the strip.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
For comfort, my challenger beats the Mustang hands down. Ford just didn't make that many GT500, not surprising there aren't many at the strip.
Absolutely. Very comfortable ride in the challenger.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
The Charger is faster...:whistle:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Ok, just smutt it. How wood you know living in the Villages. Where every thing goes back ass wards. Batteries want even work there from what my employees tell me. The girls just bitch about that place. NORM VILLE.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Ok, just smutt it. How wood you know living in the Villages. Where every thing goes back ass wards. Batteries want even work there from what my employees tell me. The girls just bitch about that place. NORM VILLE.
My golf cart is gas powered(y)

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country