Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat owner no longer/ Lease turn in thread

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Hey we taxi owners don't baby our cars
Huh? And here I thought that the only reason you had them in first place was because of babies.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
No, that's because of BABES

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Somehow I pictured you guys either going to car shows and compare the latest and greatest baby seats, and learn how to attach them properly, or...

...you take your friends to bingo, or bridge night. Oxygen bottles in the trunk, of course.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Don't knock it. Bingo paid for the car. And I have to expose less skin there than being an internet influencer.

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #65
Huh? And here I thought that the only reason you had them in first place was because of babies.
@Magnified is right, I pick up more babes in this car than a Ferrari. 😏

And as an added bonus we can pick up their friends for some extracurricular activities, instead of them being left home.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
What is it about europeans and wagons? The wagon market is ridiculous, a similar mileage e55 wagon sold for 35k. 🥶🥶🥶
I would rather have an E55 wagon than the Durango, except for the ridiculous cost of maintenance (and the constant need for it) :rolleyes:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
For me, perfect wagon is the E63 S Black.... bad ass.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
If the Charger Hellcat came as a Magnum wagon, I'd be in it.

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #69
Makes me wonder if fca was better served to make a wagon hellcat as well as the trackhawk.

For example 500 wagons and 500 trackhawks.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
They don't need to make any more Trackhawks. I already have mine.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Makes me wonder if fca was better served to make a wagon hellcat as well as the trackhawk.

For example 500 wagons and 500 trackhawks.
I think that might be part of the problem. Limited runs tend to be very expensive and if you want to sell realistically and justify support and parts logistics you've got to make some good money off it. I think the trackhawk was probably a mistake. I think the Magnum would still be selling today if it had been continued. It's not a huge volume, but it would still be consistent. The fact that MB and BMW can keep them in the line up is pretty telling. lol, saw a black Magnum yesterday in fact and my wife said "that car still looks good" even being as dated as it was. Ah well, I'm not Italian and not in charge of FCA so it's all moot.

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #72
So just an update

Picked up f-150 platinum lease in February for $465/mo.

Lease was over this month, just sold it for $45,500 to a local dealer and my buyout was $42,000.

So my total cost of ownership is as follows.

$465 x 11 = $5,115 - $3500(payout) = $1615 divided by 11 months of use = $150/mo for a 1 year lease.

@ChargerChallenger hope you enjoy this Nasty deal.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Picked up f-150 platinum lease in February for $465/mo.
My condolences.

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #74
$150/mo for a non taxi, thought jimmy would be proud 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
$150/mo for a non taxi, thought jimmy would be proud 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Since when do we care what @Jimmy N. thinks 😂🤣😅🤣😂. Ok, yeah, I do ;).

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Sold my lease to a local dealer who sold the car within a day of me selling the car to them.

Msrp: 73,725
Payoff $44,655
$650/mo x 36 months + 2k das = $25k
Sold for $53,000
Positive equity: $8,xxx

True Cost to lease per month $25k -$8k = $17k/36 = $472/mo

No longer a taxi cab driver 😭 @Jimmy N.

On the hunt for a new hellcat, picked up another e55 for dirt cheap, will probably flip within the next month or so.

Since some people's leases are coming due this would be a good thread to talk about potential options.
I have never leased a car. Hummm

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Honestly if you combine this and the hellcat it would be the perfect car.

The 500 lbs less really shows in the corners on the e55.

The maintenance and amount of electronics and other parts are not that necessary in the e55, air suspension should be deleted.... etc etc something the hellcat excels in is keeping it simple.

Exhaust notes are very similar.... s/c v8, the hellcat is more throaty and muscular, the e55 is a bit lighter in tone but screams more in the higher rpm range... really a wash here.

Gadgets, only things missing in the hellcat that annoyed me were the lack of acc, no rain sensing wipers, no front camera/parking sensors, e55 has these. The massaging seats are great for longer drives, not really a must have for daily drives unless you go through heavy traffic.

Modifications, both have great tuning and parts availability, hellcat has the edge in the transmission both in strength and shifting capability, also pretty sure the motor can handle more mods, e55 needs to be strengthened overall but both are able to be modded.

Comfortability, e55 has tighter bolsters, hellcat wins though due to room and and storage area for phone.

Backseat - hellcat wins, no rear heated seats for e55 for the taxi passengers.

Both are definitely the best of their respective era's the e55 was a Ferrari killer, the charger hellcat on radials is a lamborghini killer.

At the core they are essentially the same vehicle minus the mercedes benz fit and finish + amenities.... they are sedans that have beefed up internals and are supercar killers.
First, I’m not buying a foreign car even if it has some ties to Dodge. I’ve ridden in a Mercedes before and the seats are literally too hard. Not as comfortable as the SRT to me. Second, it does not look as exotic and literally wicked as the Charger. It is a real box. Finally, it will cost you 3x as much to change oil or for any service. We used to have a POS Range Rover County. You can figure on spending $500 on an English or German car pretty much anytime you pull it in to the service bay. Not for me!

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That's a Challenger thing. Those 4-doors are usually rented or leased.
After all, what is a "fare" if not taxi speak for paying rent?

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #79
First, I’m not buying a foreign car even if it has some ties to Dodge. I’ve ridden in a Mercedes before and the seats are literally too hard. Not as comfortable as the SRT to me. Second, it does not look as exotic and literally wicked as the Charger. It is a real box. Finally, it will cost you 3x as much to change oil or for any service. We used to have a POS Range Rover County. You can figure on spending $500 on an English or German car pretty much anytime you pull it in to the service bay. Not for me!
The e55 amg essentially has massaging seats, it is amazing again for a 15 year old car.

Air suspension makes the car ride from harsh to semi harsh to float like a cloud.

You have to think the e55 is essentially a grandpa in car years, it was being sold in bush's 2nd term....

With that being said germans are so far ahead of everyone in tech, it looks more exotic than a charger but less "muscley," you have to know when they design cars in Germany they design them for the driver, @Jimmy N. Would be a good example of a European enthusiast, he debadges his cars and thus they become sleepers to the untrained eye.

The challenger to an extent but moreso charger, trackhawk, trx, durango, etc etc are America's copy of what the M and Amg brands are, ridiculous Performance stuck in a non descript car that without badges, and different bumpers/hood look exactly the same as their 6 cylinder or lower trim counterparts.

I see nothing wrong with this trend, these cars were built to be a stealthy supercar beaters, hence I would say something like an e55 is an OG hellcat, to everyone else that see a Mercedes e class, to the trained eye it's a lethal weapon that was producing circa 500 hp and competing with lamborghinis and ferrari's back then..... look at the new e63 and m5, they smack demons on surface streets and launch as hard as some bikes that weigh a fraction of what they do, not to mention keep up with lamborghini's, ferrari's, etc etc

Maintenance is a no brainer, you hit the nail on the head, in fact I'll go so far to say these cars are an automatic $1000 if something goes wrong.

I'll disagree about the English part, bmw, mercedes, and porsche are infinitely more reliable than some of the garbage that range rover produces, maserati is also up there in issues.

RR looks nice until it spends 6 weeks in the shop cause something is wrong.

The bang for buck however is there, drop a short list of bolt ons and it will beat a non awd hellcat with ease.

The last e55 we sold earlier this year was pushing close to 700 to the wheels, and no doubt in my mind would have beaten my cat.

With that being said, I'm very close to closing up a deal to flip this e55 for $4k profit and also actively shopping charger wb hellcats.

The amount of time and effort to keep an out of warranty car of this nature is too much for me, easier to go grab something like a hellcat that makes 700+hp out of the box with a full 3 year warranty.

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #80
If you have a business

Move through cars frequently

Or want the latest and greatest

Then leasing is for you, it's an effective cheaper way to own many vehicles if you know what you're doing.

With in depth knowledge you can do some cool stuff, for me it's a hobby. For many others they work hard, make good money and don't want to stress and shop around.

In my opinion though, if the programs are good leasing is the way to go with high performance cars, no out of warranty issues, ridiculous bang for buck if you can handle shopping, and the ability to move to the latest and greatest when your term is up.

Tax write-off is a huge motivator, spend money on yourself versus giving it away to the oh so "frugal" government.