Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Free PCM unlock with Dusterhoff Tune

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
Uh Oh. I was going to give you a call this year to finally wake my car up some. I am trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my car first and winter is in the way of any testing.
So sometime in the summer was my plan.:unsure:
What's going on with it?

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
I’m happy as hell! They’ve made the process way easier than I thought it would be. A++
Thank you, glad you're happy with the results.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Injector duty cycle is high. When we switched to hptuners we realized the fuel pump was at 89% DC? Commanded was 80psi and it would drop to 76. Inj would go to over 100% DC and it then bleads boost.
Drops from 11 or 12 psi down to 8. Then it starts over.
Kinda like letting off the gas and getting back on it. This was very noticeable in the late fall. During the summer it was less noticeable.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Just so I'm clear, you're getting over DC injectors, but not over DC fuel pump. Drop in fuel pressure, then "save the motor" commanded boost bleed.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Just so I'm clear, you're getting over DC injectors, but not over DC fuel pump. Drop in fuel pressure, then "save the motor" commanded boost bleed.
Yes except the pump is maxed out also. I am led to believe 86 or 89 percent is max on the pump.
So I changed the pump. The result was exactly the same. Unfortunately winter came about and I now can make changes but not able to test.💩
Unfortunately I didn't catch it earlier because I'm tech illiterate and everyone I know uses HP Tuners. So I switched and by the time I received it the season was pretty much done.
Early on I figured it was cat over temp and lazy due to the heat. Then the cooler weather came and it is more evident.

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
Injector duty cycle is high. When we switched to hptuners we realized the fuel pump was at 89% DC? Commanded was 80psi and it would drop to 76. Inj would go to over 100% DC and it then bleads boost.
Drops from 11 or 12 psi down to 8. Then it starts over.
Kinda like letting off the gas and getting back on it. This was very noticeable in the late fall. During the summer it was less noticeable.
Is the car stock?

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Yes it is.
It had the Incognito on for a short time. It made the issue worse of course but easier to realize something was wrong.

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
Yes it is.
It had the Incognito on for a short time. It made the issue worse of course but easier to realize something was wrong.
Ya 89.0015 is the max dc on the pumps so it's maxing the pump. I see it a lot on pulley pump gas cars but I'm a tad surprised to see it on a stock vehicle. It may be worth just adding a bap and see if it fixes it.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Ya 89.0015 is the max dc on the pumps so it's maxing the pump. I see it a lot on pulley pump gas cars but I'm a tad surprised to see it on a stock vehicle. It may be worth just adding a bap and see if it fixes it.
I added a JMS and it triggers a mil light for high voltage.

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
I added a JMS and it triggers a mil light for high voltage.
Ya you have to tune for it

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Ya you have to tune for it
Ahh!! That would explain that part.
After changing out the pump and not fixing the issue. My next step was to send out the injectors to be cleaned and flowed. Good move or not?

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
Ahh!! That would explain that part.
After changing out the pump and not fixing the issue. My next step was to send out the injectors to be cleaned and flowed. Good move or not?
I wouldn't worry about the injectors, you have a fuel pump issue not an injector issue.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I wouldn't worry about the injectors, you have a fuel pump issue not an injector issue.
Ok thank you.
Now how do I fix the pump issue? LOL

I already swapped out the fuel pump with the one out of hpindy's car that had about 600 miles on it.

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
Ok thank you.
Now how do I fix the pump issue? LOL

I already swapped out the fuel pump with the one out of hpindy's car that had about 600 miles on it.
I honestly don't know what else it could be. Are you running pump gas?

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
giphy.gif

Just make sure you don't have the car sent to his friends shop big power racing as a recommendation if purchasing services. Destroyed my Hellcat.

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
View attachment 36129

Just make sure you don't have the car sent to his friends shop big power racing as a recommendation if purchasing services. Destroyed my Hellcat.
Dan,

Big Power Racing is in New York, we're in Georgia. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them but I have no control over anything they do. Had you contacted me about any issue you experienced, I would have gladly done anything I could to try and rectify the situation. Instead of doing so, you have chosen to bash my business over the actions of another. We have ceased recommending any shops due to this interaction because we have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose. We don't get a kickback and stand to have our reputation trashed for the actions of another business. Continuing to do this is akin to me hiring a plumber, asking him for a recommendation on a tile guy, and then trashing the plumber because the tile guy sucked. A more appropriate course of action would have been to pick up the phone and call us and say I wouldn't recommend them anymore as your experience was terrible. Or ask me to help you fix the situation. I'm sorry it didn't go well, if you had picked the phone up and called me I would have done anything I could to fix but instead, you continue to do this.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I honestly don't know what else it could be. Are you running pump gas?
Running pump 94 with VP Octanium unleaded at the track.

curt_dusterhofftuning

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Big Canoe
State
GA
Country
United States
Running pump 94 with VP Octanium unleaded at the track.
I don't see the fuel causing it. Really strange. I'm not really sure what else could cause it to have that issue to be honest. Do you change the sock when you changed the pump?