Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

FCA axes Dodge Journey and Grand Caravan for 2021

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Back in the early 2000's and having 2 small kids, I was "ordered" to get a mini-van.
You do realize that even before that they had figured out what caused kids, right?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I think the mini van and journey are fantastic vessels . I have a caravan for my work vehicle and it's awesome . My wife has a journey and it was great when the kids were small and now it's awesome for carrying around our 2 bernese mountain dogs . So F you guys !

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I must admit that only a few days ago I was blissfully unaware that these vehicles even existed.
Yes, of course I knew that there were minivans, just like I knew about the plague, but that was about it.

Although, now that I think about it, there's still a cut-out on the back of my Jeep, from an ad by a clever BMW dealer in SoCal, that reads "Because you'll never be old enough to drive a minivan."

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Minivans are amazing utility vehicles. I think it kind sucks how they became unpopular. Everyone (by everyone I mean primarily urban soccer moms) wants an SUV. Not a real SUV though but a minivan that has all the incredibly useful bits removed. A vehicle that is nearly impossible to get to the third row, is still front wheel drive, is still boring to drive, has been raised a few inches for no reason other than to reduce stability, gets even worse fuel efficiency and still looks like hot garbage. I'd rather rock a minivan than these embarrassing want to be SUV's that have taken over the mall parking lots.

That said, I'm glad I don't have the need for so much utility at the present. I'll take the hellcat or the old jacked up truck instead.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
When we started our family, my wife got the mini van and I got a Mazda CX-9 (SUV - thinking i also needed a family capable vehicle). Rarely drove it on family duties as transporting dogs, parking logistics, space comfort, etc. never even came close to the mini van.

So, the determination that the CX-9 wasn't advantagous and a waste...hello Charger Hellcat...hello to endless smilies. Mini van being so perfect sort of led to the Hellcat for me.