Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Favorite Car you have owned besides your Hellcat?

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I'm no Pontiac guy but yes, the back window and the blinkers are the only differences. A lot of people do like the blinkers in the grill. Not me. Mine are below the head lights. Again, just a cleaner look. And of course, personal preference. Either way, those cars are really cool. And what a comfortable ride. So nice. And no, NO plans to sell. If I could only keep 1 though? I'd keep the 70 Cuda. I drive that thing everywhere.
Yeah that 70 Cuda is bad ass.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
They were imports. I hardly ever saw another one on the road, so I don't think they sold a lot. A DOHC Lotus Cortina would have been extra nice.

At the time, there was an open-wheel race car class called Formula Ford. The only motor allowed was the 1600cc Cortina GT. They were faster than Formula V which stipulated 40hp VW motors. Not sure if you had those classes over there.
I nearly bought a 1600E in very good original condition quite a few years ago. I didn't because I wasn't in love with it but wish I had now as it'd be worth well over 10x now. Who buys these old cars at huge money I don't know, I guess they wear rose tinted glasses.

Yes, Formula Ford is a thing in the UK but I've never followed anything open wheel.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Sadly my 2016 RAM beats my Hellcat in all aspects except speed/power. I get in, turn key on, sit comfortable in big ole seats, blast AC, blast radio, watch doggo slip and slide in rear and tow things. It's just an all around fun experience.
2006 SC GTO - recently sold. All around awesome.

1981 280ZX Turbo - for it day and mildly modified great fun, one of the best I've ever owned. Long stories about it her and other forums.

1966 mustang - midnight blue metallic w optional AC with cut your fingers off exposed squirrel cage blower

HemiPacer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Wow, I had no idea they made Cortinas in the US, thought they were only a UK car made in Dagenham.
I don’t think they were actually made here rather assembled as in many other countries as to conform to local regulations and some minor cosmetics to appeal to the market. I’ve had two and loved them , 4 speed on the tree and bench seat .:p

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

HemiPacer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
1970 Chrysler Valiant VG Pacer , a pretty successful circuit car in its day . Mine now has the E49 triple side draft set up on the Hemi 6 that came from the factory ( 302 hp ) . All the factory race car stuff makes it a fun car to drive . 9A208886-0872-4699-9FB4-8008BF9E9247.png

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Nice valiant. Is that a stock set up? What does it do?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Hard to pick a favorite, but this one has to be in the top three at least.

With an aluminum V8 it had a slightly better power to weight ratio than even my girlfriend's 911 Turbo S, but there was no way I could row the five gears as quickly as a Porsche PDK trans, so she won.

What I really liked was that there were no real visible clues to its performance. A true sleeper, which is something I always appreciate.
IMG_2157.JPG IMG_2156.JPG

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

With an aluminum V8 it had a slightly better power to weight ratio than even my girlfriend's 911 Turbo S, but there was no way I could row the five gears as quickly as a Porsche PDK trans, so she won.

What I really liked was that there were no real visible clues to its performance. A true sleeper, which is something I always appreciate.
View attachment 49214 View attachment 49215
That's nice looking, looks kinda like the MG Miget. Spit Fire I think ?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That's nice looking, looks kinda like the MG Miget. Spit Fire I think ?
Thanks.
And you're somewhat close. MGB. Larger than a Midget or Spitfire, but without nonsense such as a heater, stereo, etc., it was still quite light.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks.
And you're somewhat close. MGB. Larger than a Midget or Spitfire, but without nonsense such as a heater, stereo, etc., it was still quite light.
OK, my buddy Had a Spitfire a while back, it was pretty small but also fast for what it was.
I bet yours is fun to drive.
I like the sleeper look too.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Also had an MGB GT with a V8 transplant and 5-speed, but this one was the opposite of the other one in many ways. Called it "My old man's car".

That engine was stock, and probably no more than 2/3 the power of the convertible. Equipped with A/C and other luxuries, plus the roof of course, it was significantly heavier.
Sure, it would corner okay, but it made it known that it was an undignified task when asked to do it.
IMG_1311.jpg

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Also had an MGB GT with a V8 transplant and 5-speed, but this one was the opposite of the other one in many ways. Called it "My old man's car".

That engine was stock, and probably no more than 2/3 the power of the convertible. Equipped with A/C and other luxuries, plus the roof of course, it was significantly heavier.
Sure, it would corner okay, but it made it known that it was an undignified task when asked to do it.
View attachment 49224
Very cool !

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

HemiPacer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Nice valiant. Is that a stock set up? What does it do?
They were built for homologation factory touring racing series. The motor in mine is numbers matching but upgraded to the 1971 E 49 factory specs . The rest is as it rolled out of the factory in 1970 .

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Never cared for that body style...but that car is gorgeous...very nicely done sir...(y)(y)(y)
Go to your room.

And spend your time there thinking about the error of your ways.

:p:p

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
They were built for homologation factory touring racing series. The motor in mine is numbers matching but upgraded to the 1971 E 49 factory specs . The rest is as it rolled out of the factory in 1970 .
Put some drag radials on that thing. :LOL:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

View attachment 49214 View attachment 49215
Nice. Bet launching was a tricky exercise

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

View attachment 49224
Beautiful. I had a 1968 MGBGT in a day long long ago!

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
13945509-1972-dodge-charger-std.jpg 72 Charger Ralley 440 u code Identical to this exept for wheels mine had the ralleys