Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

EV Sales Are Just Getting Started?

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
So, the electric car is part time transportation. Is an ICE auto included in the price of an electric car? Better yet, buy an ICE auto and be ready for all types of weather...
The argument is that EV is not practical or convenient in really cold weather. I can only comment on my experience which is the cold weather (above 0 zero) is no big deal. Level 2 charging is not impacted at all (lowest charge is around 10 degrees).

There are many videos on driving a EV in really cold weather (below 0). They operate just fine. The charging stations is where the shit is show is as evidenced in the video. The stations are broken or vehicles are charging real slow which causes a queue which is in turn causes dead vehicles due to the heat being used.

The key is having a level 2 charger at home, all the bullshit at the charging station is avoided

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
In my ICE vehicles, fill-up time in 5 minutes and I'm on my way, in cold or hot weather. This is a wonderful idea, should we purchase ICE vehicles and avoid freezing to death? In Florida, the temperatures have reached below 32 degrees, no electric car for me...
Drive a Ioniq5 or a Polestar for a weekend, you will understand why I love it, plus the lack of maintenance and operational cost is a slam dunk. All the bullshit you see is at the charging stations. Great run around vehicles and why my trackhawk, Demon and Dually collect dust. Dually is used on trips since I want to avoid the charging stations.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
This thread is a riot! I can't believe how much time Coal has on his hands to write all this. He apparently has nothing better to do than to attempt to re-educate us.

Survey: Elites, Average US Voters Live in '2 Different Worlds'

"Almost three-quarters, 72%, of elites — and 81% of elites who graduated from top universities — support a ban on gasoline-powered automobiles to help fight climate change. That compares to just 24% of the general electorate.

More than half, 53%, of elites — and 68% of elite Ivy League graduates — support a general ban on air conditioning to reduce carbon emissions. Only 13% of voters think that's a smart idea.

A full 70% of Ivy League elites support a ban on "nonessential" air travel. That compares to 22% of regular voters."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/poll-voters-biden/2024/01/19/id/1150293/

Ever notice that "elites" are exempt from the rules they create for the filthy commoners?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The key is having a level 2 charger at home, all the bullshit at the charging station is avoided
All the bullshit you see is at the charging stations. Dually is used on trips since I want to avoid the charging stations.
So much like with my JD eGator, an EV is usable as long as you don't really need to go anywhere.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
This thread is a riot! I can't believe how much time Coal has on his hands to write all this. He apparently has nothing better to do than to attempt to re-educate us.

"Almost three-quarters, 72%, of elites — and 81% of elites who graduated from top universities — support a ban on gasoline-powered automobiles to help fight climate change. That compares to just 24% of the general electorate.

More than half, 53%, of elites — and 68% of elite Ivy League graduates — support a general ban on air conditioning to reduce carbon emissions. Only 13% of voters think that's a smart idea.

A full 70% of Ivy League elites support a ban on "nonessential" air travel. That compares to 22% of regular voters."

Ever notice that "elites" are exempt from the rules they create for the filthy commoners?
I am freeze drying this weekend, there is 4 inches of snow on the ground and it is cold. Freeze drying takes hours so there is an opportunity to shed some light on my hellcat brothers and sisters.

I enjoy the comments here, they are entertaining, you never know what will be said next, usually something negative but that comes with the territory.

FYI- don't overload the freeze dryer with Broccoli, I am 19 hours into this run and it needs probably another few hours, hmmmm

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #207
You've obviously never been to a hibachi restaurant:
Not a fan with all the soyboy ingredients.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
So much like with my JD eGator, an EV is usable as long as you don't really need to go anywhere.
They are strictly, imo, run around vehicles, as I said before any destination within 110 miles they are used for. Most here have multiple vehicles, for running around, they are the best.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #209
Us peasants can't afford 14 different cars depending on which 1 will run on any given day.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #210
I guess you have to have different ones that will work in particular temperature ranges?

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Drive a Ioniq5 or a Polestar for a weekend, you will understand why I love it, plus the lack of maintenance and operational cost is a slam dunk. All the bullshit you see is at the charging stations. Great run around vehicles and why my trackhawk, Demon and Dually collect dust. Dually is used on trips since I want to avoid the charging stations.
I won't buy a vehicle, that has a powerplant sourced from communist China. I do my best to purchase American/Canadian vehicles. When the guberment spends billions of our dollars enticing/forcing us to buy electric cars, that have problems, in the cold/heat and tend to go boom, waste huge amounts of precious metals, the answer is not "no", but "he!! no." If anyone wishes to go down this road, "Good Luck."

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Us peasants can't afford 14 different cars depending on which 1 will run on any given day.
Please, many here have multiple vehicles. There are some really wealthy members here.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I am freeze drying this weekend, there is 4 inches of snow on the ground and it is cold. Freeze drying takes hours so there is an opportunity to shed some light on my hellcat brothers and sisters.

I enjoy the comments here, they are entertaining, you never know what will be said next, usually something negative but that comes with the territory.

FYI- don't overload the freeze dryer with Broccoli, I am 19 hours into this run and it needs probably another few hours, hmmmm
They are strictly, imo, run around vehicles, as I said before any destination within 110 miles they are used for. Most here have multiple vehicles, for running around, they are the best.
Elitist. Bingo!

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat

What that survey left out is that the elites support bans for other people.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #215
What that survey left out is that the elites support bans for other people.
Peasants unite!!!

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
I won't buy a vehicle, that has a powerplant sourced from communist China. I do my best to purchase American/Canadian vehicles. When the guberment spends billions of our dollars enticing/forcing us to buy electric cars, that have problems, in the cold/heat and tend to go boom, waste huge amounts of precious metals, the answer is not "no", but "he!! no." If anyone wishes to go down this road, "Good Luck."
Is Canada less communist than China?

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #217
Oh my...

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I guess you have to have different ones that will work in particular temperature ranges?
Well, I have to put anti-gel in the tanks of the diesels. Costs less than buying an EV, a lot less, and that simple addition makes them work even when it's cold.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hmmm, you are saying the batteries are made in China? Volkswagon ID.4 batteries are manufactured here, hyundia batteries are made in South Korea and they are building a battery plant here. The Tesla (North American) are manufactured here.

Maybe the components are from China, there are only a few EV's that qualify for the $ 7,500 tax credit due to the following requirements;

The vehicles must be manufactured in North America and have an MSRP below $80,000 for an SUV and $55,000 for a sedan, wagon, or hatchback. To qualify for the first $3,750, a portion of a vehicle’s battery components must be produced or assembled in North America. To get the second $3,750, a portion of the critical minerals used in the battery must be extracted or processed in the U.S. or in a country that is a U.S. free-trade agreement partner, or they must have been made from materials recycled in North America1

The above may not be 100% accurate because it is from Chat.