Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170, will any be 100k, probably not

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
I see (~900hp?) tt zr1 is supposed to be coming out this summer. I wonder if it would have any effect on 170 prices? I'd like to see them eventually come down to a realistic (for me) level while there are still new ones left on lots. Wishful thinking i know.
What is the realistic price point for you? It appears that the prices are not much over MSRP based on TK's videos.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
What is the realistic price point for you? It appears that the prices are not much over MSRP based on TK's videos.
Low 100's, but hell og demons with miles are barely there. I'm still seeing a bunch $180s+. And my wife just busted me looking and reminded me how we are NOT getting one and how we need to be saving for retirement or something haha lol

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Tim who bought BuddyG's "snow Demon" just picked up a 170.

View attachment 139281
TK should publish the dealers and prices, information is good and removes all doubt. I have been intermittingly looking for a D170, but when a deal seems possible, the dealers turn out to be a dirtbag.

I will continue to look for a D170, as I have the time, I'm retired. If I hear of a possible deal, I will check with the dealer, who knows...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I see (~900hp?) tt zr1 is supposed to be coming out this summer. I wonder if it would have any effect on 170 prices? I'd like to see them eventually come down to a realistic (for me) level while there are still new ones left on lots. Wishful thinking i know.
I think the dip we see is 10-20k adm.

There's only 298 left at this point, most of these sunroof cars.

Zr1 will also be a completely different market, the sticker on that car is gonna be damn near 200k on a well equipped one.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Low 100's, but hell og demons with miles are barely there. I'm still seeing a bunch $180s+. And my wife just busted me looking and reminded me how we are NOT getting one and how we need to be saving for retirement or something haha lol
Og demon there's a possibility, but these d170s are going for at least 140 before taxes and that's considered a great deal.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Seems like the '23 Demon should always command a premium over the '18 Demon. Both great cars, but the '23 is the last of it's kind with more power and performance. Whereas the '18 has been surpassed in power by Super Stock's with Factory warranty stage kits. Won't there always be a significant price gap between the '18 and '23 Demon?

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #1,367
A

Zr1 will also be a completely different market, the sticker on that car is gonna be damn near 200k on a well equipped one.
All the collectors can go after that being I dont care, gm

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #1,368
One of the biggest things with this whole thing is every non mopar guy wanting them. I know back in the 80s I was part of the minority, no one else wanted the mopars. Would be great to still be there where the real enthusiasts of a brand where the only ones buying it

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

I'd take one with a sunroof for sure. Prob just dreaming, but I'd sure like to get my hands on one...

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
One of the biggest things with this whole thing is every non mopar guy wanting them. I know back in the 80s I was part of the minority, no one else wanted the mopars. Would be great to still be there where the real enthusiasts of a brand where the only ones buying it
Thats why maybe this zr1 can divert some attention away from the 170 especially the non mopar guys... The ones that have to have the latest and greatest. Maybe the prices can come down then a bit more. I think a lot will be sitting with the current pricing w/adm etc.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Seems like the '23 Demon should always command a premium over the '18 Demon. Both great cars, but the '23 is the last of it's kind with more power and performance. Whereas the '18 has been surpassed in power by Super Stock's with Factory warranty stage kits. Won't there always be a significant price gap between the '18 and '23 Demon?
Yup plus the factory e85, etc etc

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I'd take one with a sunroof for sure. Prob just dreaming, but I'd sure like to get my hands on one...
You may be able to snag one at 5-10k adm if you hold out and start contacting far and wide.

Sunroof for sure is less desirable, for what? Idk cause 90% of these cars are sitting in garages or collectors warehouses.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
A

All the collectors can go after that being I dont care, gm
I think the zr1 will command a different audience. Adm may or may not be a thing based on availability and demand.

Collectors will be collectors tbh

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I think the zr1 will command a different audience. Adm may or may not be a thing based on availability and demand.

Collectors will be collectors tbh
ZR1 and Zora gonna be in the Porsche/McLaren $$ price point. But with a dealer network outside of NFL cities.................Curious to see how many get built over time. Ppl already passing on Z06 allocations

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
The stage kit cars are currently and will not in the future be worth more than the 2018 Demon (IMO). Some say the 2018 Demon is a better overall than the demon170 given the suspension, appearance (many think the widebody on all 4 corners is a better look) and top end speed (the PCM that came with the crate is not speed restricted).

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The stage kit cars are currently and will not in the future be worth more than the 2018 Demon (IMO). Some say the 2018 Demon is a better overall than the demon170 given the suspension, appearance (many think the widebody on all 4 corners is a better look) and top end speed (the PCM that came with the crate is not speed restricted).
2018 demon is closer to a redeye wb/superstock than a 170.

Just based off the narrow front fenders and wb rear fenders on the d170 it will always be more desirable, because it's dodge last hurrah and they went all out.

Funny how a few body panels change things

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 demon is closer to a redeye wb/superstock than a 170.

Just based off the narrow front fenders and wb rear fenders on the d170 it will always be more desirable, because it's dodge last hurrah and they went all out.

Funny how a few body panels change things
Time will reveal all, right now the spread between the 2018 Demon and Demon170 is around 30/40K (both car values are fluctuating) and dropping. I wouldn't be surprised if the spread is within 15K within 12 months

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Interest in this platform is declining and now that they're not made anymore that will accelerate. All the people who jumped on board from Corvette and BMW will move on to the next newest thing. It was a good run, I remember when the Hellcat was announced how amazing that was after having to build one of these if you wanted a fast one.

Dodge did some silly things the past few years that turned off a lot of people as well. Coulda been really awesome...shame for them to have missed such a great opportunity.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States