Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
So far I can't tell a difference in the brakes...

Probably not much difference until they get hot, I bet they fade much faster. Much less swept area, much less thermal mass, mildly less surface area and cooling as a result, but on essentially the same mass car.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #382
That's what I was thinking as well. The hardest work mine will do is at the end of the quarter so I'll know more after some passes.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You know your going to get a "plug it in" reply

My memory
get in car
close door
buckle belt
Ignition to "run" ( don t start car )
Now do the buckle 3 times ( maybe 4 ) fairly fast
ignition to off
Unbuckle

Fire up the car & go

If it don t work blame Racer X
I have a stubby seatbelt extender plugged into all of my cars, no warning chimes !!

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
On both my Hellcat & the 2 Durango's there was settings in Uconnect that let me select if I wanted it to auto-brake & chime or just chime or turn both off.

bennydodge

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hudson, Colorado
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Did you look in the settings menu? I think you can turn the sound on or off.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
:LOL:

I said in another thread, if the 149mph thing turns out to be accurate it won't bother me much. In 7 years of WOT testing in the Hellcat I only went over 149 once. It WOULD have been better if they'd made it 170mph though IMO.

YES, it has the lights in the mirrors, and cross path detection I believe. I'm pretty sure I heard the BEEP BEEP BEEP the other day backing out of a parking space.

Window sticker says Park Sense on it as well as one of the standard features.
1707563562547.png

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Speedy..
Had any thoughts lately on what you might be using for your ride around wheels/tires?

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #388
Speedy..
Had any thoughts lately on what you might be using for your ride around wheels/tires?
Still noodling on that one. The 20x11 with 315/35R20 tire is at the top of my list. I need to mount some on the car to make a decision I think.

In a perfect world I could find the Warp Speed wheel like I had on the Hellcat in a 20x11 Brass Monkey. This would kill two birds with one stone since I still have my original Brass Monkey Warp Speed fronts from the old car. Else I have to buy four wheels, have the Pirellis unmounted/re-mounted on the new wheels, and buy new rear tires. I'm going broke.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #389
@Bowtie Guy thanks for the reminder on the build sheets. I just reviewed and sure enough Park Sense is not listed. So strange it gets the backup camera and cross path detection but no park sense. Maybe because the rear bumper has to come off for the parachute or something who knows.

I see "cell phone storage" on there. What is that? Surely not that tiny pocket next to the shifter that can't "store" a cell phone?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
@Bowtie Guy thanks for the reminder on the build sheets. I just reviewed and sure enough Park Sense is not listed. So strange it gets the backup camera and cross path detection but no park sense. Maybe because the rear bumper has to come off for the parachute or something who knows.

I see "cell phone storage" on there. What is that? Surely not that tiny pocket next to the shifter that can't "store" a cell phone?
Works great for my flip phone ??

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile

Is this the pocket you mean Speedy ?

1707650557809.png

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Is this the pocket you mean Speedy ?

View attachment 130205
I had to go out to the garage and see if ours had that, it does. Not sure I have really noticed it. My big galaxy note 9 would fall right out of that:LOL:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I just like how it's done in the Charger.
20240211_081939.jpg

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #394
@Bowtie Guy I was talking about that area on the console right beside the shifter. You can see it in David's picture above.

I like how the Charger has that slot though, that'd work good. In the Challenger the cup holders are on in front of the other and too narrow to fit a cell phone.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #395
Weather was crappy all weekend, so I took the opportunity to get ceramic coating applied. 230 miles and counting.

I came across this product when restoring the 4Runner and it worked great and was SUPER easy to use: https://amzn.to/42Dmr2P

So I used it on the Demon including the matte hood. Results were great as expected although I was nervous doing the hood. I've had professional ceramic, the high end DIY, and now this spray product. It's been on the 4Runner for several months and doing great. If it lasts a year I'll be thrilled. It literally takes about 45 minutes to do the whole car start to finish so much easier to use than the bottle type, although the bottle type lasts about 3 years. With as easy as it is to use, and pretty cost effective, I think it's a good trade off. You can put it on everything, paint, plastic, glass, I even did the windshield wipers. That's what makes it so easy and it has a long working time.

I'm particular about keeping my car clean, even when I drag race. I always spent more time than I wanted cleaning out the wheel wells leaving the track to remove all the rubber. I tried several products to keep the rubber from sticking but never had much luck. This time I used this trim ceramic product on the liners. They feel pretty slick so we'll see how it does. I wouldn't use it on the black plastic exterior trim, it has a higher sheen than I'd like but worked great on the liners: https://amzn.to/3SzsEIA

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I currently have xpel fusion on mine. It's the only one that has made it the stated full 4 year of the guarantee.

I had someone use jade 7yr on the truck and it barely made it 2.5yrs. Am not impressed. That was with more than proper care too. So meh.

Maybe next time around I'll try the adams.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I currently have xpel fusion on mine. It's the only one that has made it the stated full 4 year of the guarantee.

I had someone use jade 7yr on the truck and it barely made it 2.5yrs. Am not impressed. That was with more than proper care too. So meh.

Maybe next time around I'll try the adams.
So you ceramic over the clear wrap?

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #398
Yes

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile

I don t think the 2018 Demon has this either

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country