Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Crazy Video GT500 170MPH driving public roads YIKES!!!!!!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I've scared the hell out of some sport bike riders in my day (in a car and on a bike) and myself. lol, once with my soon to be wife in the car (boy did she pitch a fit)

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
I've scared the hell out of some sport bike riders in my day (in a car and on a bike) and myself. lol, once with my soon to be wife in the car (boy did she pitch a fit)

Well that was stupid of you.

It is way better for your health to slap a grizzly in the face a few times, than to piss off the significant other. 😂

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
She'd been pretty cool up to that point with some mild street racing. But this bike pushed the limit, we really lit it up. I think the guy got the shakes because he pulled over and stopped at the side of the road. Anyway, I respected her wishes after that and refrained from things like that with her in the car. She was more dangerous than me and the bike because as we climbed into significant triple digits she reached for the key. It had started as a mild mannered leave from a light on a divided highway four lane (two lanes on our side, grass median in the middle, no cross streets for about 4 or 5 miles, but a stack of traffic behind us). Was a small bike next to me on the right. I was just talking to her and as we pulled away he jumped on it once after hearing the car and I went ahead and went WOT and I think that surprised him so he sped went WOT (maybe) but he really came up fast and by this time we had left that big block of traffic way way behind. There are some rises and slight curves on this road (or were way back when) and in places there were no shoulders so we were really close together and I think this spooked him, and as we were hitting 130 he bailed and hit the shoulder and got off the bike. About a half a mile ahead there was a curtain of rain into the bargain. Anyway, I apologized to her.

run him down.gif

Last edited:

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
She'd been pretty cool up to that point with some mild street racing. But this bike pushed the limit, we really lit it up. I think the guy got the shakes because he pulled over and stopped at the side of the road. Anyway, I respected her wishes after that and refrained from things like that with her in the car. She was more dangerous than me and the bike because as we climbed into significant triple digits she reached for the key. It had started as a mild mannered leave from a light on a divided highway four lane (two lanes on our side, grass median in the middle, no cross streets for about 4 or 5 miles, but a stack of traffic behind us). Was a small bike next to me on the right. I was just talking to her and as we pulled away he jumped on it once after hearing the car and I went ahead and went WOT and I think that surprised him so he sped went WOT (maybe) but he really came up fast and by this time we had left that big block of traffic way way behind. There are some rises and slight curves on this road (or were way back when) and in places there were no shoulders so we were really close together and I think this spooked him, and as we were hitting 130 he bailed and hit the shoulder and got off the bike. About a half a mile ahead there was a curtain of rain into the bargain. Anyway, I apologized to her.
I used to race people, but not in years now. My growing up largely had to do with getting married, and me stopping being so selfish. But then along came my baby girl, and I put all that way behind me. Sure I still like to ride fast sometimes, but I do it alone, way out in the country. Some putz in nissan was trying to get me to run him today, I didn't bite, kept just riding MY ride, casual pace, wasn't even giving it at all.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I used to race people, but not in years now. My growing up largely had to do with getting married, and me stopping being so selfish. But then along came my baby girl, and I put all that way behind me. Sure I still like to ride fast sometimes, but I do it alone, way out in the country. Some putz in nissan was trying to get me to run him today, I didn't bite, kept just riding MY ride, casual pace, wasn't even giving it at all.
I have done some stupid sh-- it my time, but I have always tried to be reasonable about the where and when. I think, like you, that that changed around the time I started to have a family. Now I am constantly thinking; I made it this fair, but my luck will eventually give out, and I am now much more restrained. I am always thinking that I have no idea what the person next to me will do in any given situation, so I have to be prepared for that. When I want to play I do it when there are no other cars... and even though the Hellcat will do almost 200mph, I have never seen the North side of 130ish - and 99% of that was on a race track. I want to see the top end, but I would rather do that at a flying mile sort of event...

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
The problem is that the R1 makes it so effortless, it requires me to truly make the choice to go slow.
I love my R1, but have considered selling it, getting something with 80 to 100 hp instead.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #47
]
The problem is that the R1 makes it so effortless, it requires me to truly make the choice to go slow.
I love my R1, but have considered selling it, getting something with 80 to 100 hp instead.
Yeh good Idea and whats interesting in life is your GUT is always right in the end. The question is do you live to see the end or see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
I love it, not sure what to replace it with is the biggest problem...and i despise shopping.
I might even go totally different and look at a husqvarna or something...whatever it is needs to be relatively light weight, I'm not into heavy bikes, or chicks.

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
look at a husqvarna or something
Viltpilen may be my next bike. Great looking machines.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I just don’t understand why they don’t just go to the racetrack. I go every week and I can do 150mph 20 times a week.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I just don’t understand why they don’t just go to the racetrack. I go every week and I can do 150mph 20 times a week.
It costs money?

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
That car is a 100K+

He can afford it. No excuse
Likely financed to the nuts, and prays every month he can afford the payment.
So many people like to portray themselves as being rich, but they are struggling to make their mortgage, car loan, and visa card payment every month. If they break their arm and miss 6 weeks of work, they are done, and bank takes it all away. My cousin recently lost everything, his house, trucks, cars, boat, and more. Everyone thought he was rich, but in reality he was just 1 payment away from his house of cards crumbling down around him. Seems to be the way with far too many people. I have a mortgage, and business loans, but won't even consider financing a car, boat, motorcycle, horse, tractor, or anything else like that. We negotiate a price, then I go to the bank, transfer money into my chequeing account, get them to give me a certified cheque for the agreed amount, and take it to the dealership, and done. Call me old fashioned, but I can't imagine financing toys i really don't need. For some reason, my gut feeling watching that clown video was this, he is a pay cheque away from filing for bankruptcy.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
So many people like to portray themselves as being rich, but they are struggling to make their mortgage, car loan, and visa card payment every month. If they break their arm and miss 6 weeks of work, they are done, and bank takes it all away. My cousin recently lost everything, his house, trucks, cars, boat, and more. Everyone thought he was rich, but in reality he was just 1 payment away from his house of cards crumbling down around him. Seems to be the way with far too many people. I have a mortgage, and business loans, but won't even consider financing a car, boat, motorcycle, horse, tractor, or anything else like that. We negotiate a price, then I go to the bank, transfer money into my chequeing account, get them to give me a certified cheque for the agreed amount, and take it to the dealership, and done. Call me old fashioned, but I can't imagine financing toys i really don't need. For some reason, my gut feeling watching that clown video was this, he is a pay cheque away from filing for bankruptcy.
Oh good. Lots more than I would have wrote. But, that is what I was going to say.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Based on that comparison, I’m Elon musk

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
SpeedyGap3_10-2006.jpg

Those were the days, before I realized I didn't bounce as easy as I once did and moved over to cars LOL. I've fooled around a bit as we all have but I always did that where the only person at risk was myself.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
View attachment 44478

Those were the days, before I realized I didn't bounce as easy as I once did and moved over to cars LOL. I've fooled around a bit as we all have but I always did that where the only person at risk was myself.
That’s why wave runners are nice. Nowhere near as fast but atleast you get the experience and thrill somewhat of riding in a similar manner and you hit the drink if you make a mistake not hard pavement

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Those things can't even pull out of a car show without crashing. This is unsafe.
Don't worry ford engineers tested them

2016.4.12-Mustang-Memes-Wrecks-2.jpg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
View attachment 44478

I got out of the bikes when I realized how f-ing stupid other drivers were becoming. (Especially when I was living in Houston)

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #60
Well its a week later sine he posted this video and he's up to 1.8K hits on his video. I am amazed he has kept the Video up for Public viewing since just incredible incriminating evidence to truly change his life. I really believe he thinks he is above the law and will not suffer the consequences which only reinforces he has never had to challenge the law😁. Oh well no desire to wish harm on him but just amazed how brazen he is and as has been mentioned so many times how stupid are ya.