Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Corvette E-Ray January 17, 2023

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Ram forcing you into e-Torque plus killing the Hemi
Ram announced they’re killing the HEMI? When?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
That's a very sharp looking truck.

The front end on the new f150s has grown on me, at first I wasn't a big fan but it has aged well.
Thanks. This one is lowered on coilovers (shackles in the rear), paint matched, and on 24s. I wasn’t sure the 24s were going to work for me, but they fit great and look great in person.
With the 3.75 that’s in the mail right now I should be around 8-825hp and over 650whp. Good for somewhere in the 11s.

As far as tuning, Whipple was the only tuner available due to their partnership with Ford, but now other tuners have figured it out and releasing their stuff to market. Whipple is traditional OBD port stuff, the others involve some under-hood shenanigans unplugging the ECM and powering devices off of the battery. They work, just not something you can do from the driver’s seat.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thanks. This one is lowered on coilovers (shackles in the rear), paint matched, and on 24s. I wasn’t sure the 24s were going to work for me, but they fit great and look great in person.
With the 3.75 that’s in the mail right now I should be around 8-825hp and over 650whp. Good for somewhere in the 11s.

As far as tuning, Whipple was the only tuner available due to their partnership with Ford, but now other tuners have figured it out and releasing their stuff to market. Whipple is traditional OBD port stuff, the others involve some under-hood shenanigans unplugging the ECM and powering devices off of the battery. They work, just not something you can do from the driver’s seat.
It definitely looks super aggressive

I got a raptor R itch please stop me 🤣.

But no seriously the ford whipple connection runs very deep, and that's a healthy amount of power in an f150.

Who's tuning the truck for you?

Maybe hit up @jonx96 and see if he wants to experiment with the whipple, he tuned both of our explorer ST's and I'm sure he's been exploring breaking through on the ford side.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Nothing else besides a house i would want to spend money on. So 500k for a 69 hemi daytona yep:p

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You probably won't need any help with that. Furds tend to stop all by themselves. Early and often.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye

The whipple tune is what I’d consider a base tune. Nothing in their i would say is a whipple leading the market in tuning

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Ram announced they’re killing the HEMI? When?
Never announced, reading the tea leaves.

And even if they are not killing it after 2023, I don't want the e-torque version.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
It definitely looks super aggressive
But no seriously the ford whipple connection runs very deep, and that's a healthy amount of power in an f150.
Who's tuning the truck for you?
Maybe hit up @jonx96 and see if he wants to experiment with the whipple, he tuned both of our explorer ST's and I'm sure he's been exploring breaking through on the ford side.
Right now it’s got the Whipple tune, very conservative and was the only thing available until recently. My Ecoboost was tuned by 5 Star.

When I’m shooting for a 10.8 to beat my Hellcat time it’ll be on corn and with a custom tune. Right now, Livernois is the only serious option I have with Palm Beach and Oz getting situated on the platform.

The whipple tune is what I’d consider a base tune. Nothing in their i would say is a whipple leading the market in tuning
Absolutely. To be Ford certified it needed to run for a couple hundred hours at full tilt in cat protection mode on 91 octane… so it’s very conservative but also won’t blow up my GEN 4 Coyote anytime soon (I hope).

If I had a Hellcat still, it’d be running your tune. Trying to convince my buddy that his TRX needs one from you too. If you get into the 21+ F150 tuning, let me know. It’s a tall mountain to climb.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Nothing else besides a house i would want to spend money on. So 500k for a 69 hemi daytona yep:p
Love em....not 500k though...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Don't bother him...he's preparing for midnight mass...:oops:
With or without the dancers?

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
@ChargerChallenger please get on this man 🤣🤣🤣
If there is something here to ponder, CC just traded in the wife's Mach E for a 6.4 Grand Cherokee. :unsure:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
If there is something here to ponder, CC just traded in the wife's Mach E for a 6.4 Grand Cherokee. :unsure:
They don't make 6.4 gc's anymore unless he bought an older one which would be out of character

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
It is a 5.7. My 2018 Grand with a 5.7L is lighter and don’t turn off at stoplights etc.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
The 2-row WL is actually about 300 lbs lighter than a WK2. I'm waiting for an aftermarket ESS eliminator. Until then, I press the auto stop/start button right after the start button.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
You can call me E-ray, or you can call me .....

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
They don't make 6.4 gc's anymore unless he bought an older one which would be out of character
You're right, it's the 5.7. I think he was referring to a GW he was also test driving. The GC he did get however is a used 2023 with 2k miles on it.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
You're right, it's the 5.7. I think he was referring to a GW he was also test driving. The GC he did get however is a used 2023 with 2k miles on it.
Oh yeah 2023 with 2k miles totally sounds like him.

The 6.4 in the gw is nice but man is that thing massive.

Jeep doing nice things with the interior but maybe pricing their cars a tad bit too high imo.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
It's pretty sad state of affairs when Dodge stopped innovating any new technology :cry:, When dodge stopped the Viper Racing program you knew they were failing to try new technology. Just look at all the manufacturers with active racing programs, Corvette just introduced the Z06 GT3.R, E-Ray that will more than likely replace the ZR1, The Ford racing team will be introducing a new GTD ( Mustang ) car next year for the IMSA racing season. They haven't stopped innovating after they disbanded the GT program.

IMSA changing the classes to GTD and GTD Pro has opened up the manufactures to test new tech on the racing proving ground. You just can not appreciate what Cadillac, Acura, Corvette, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Aston Martin among others have done pushing the performance & technology to new levels. With the power battery banks and the regenerative braking , anti locks brakes who would have thought the cars have changed this much in the last 50 years

Last edited: