Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Charger Hellcat vs Lucid Air - just insane.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Well, I'm still talking about vehicles with 4 wheels. You have moved to rockets and particle accelerators.

You stated the future is EV if you want to go fast. I posted just 1 example of thousands out there.

Carry on.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Well, I'm still talking about vehicles with 4 wheels. You have moved to rockets and particle accelerators.

You stated the future is EV if you want to go fast. I posted just 1 example of thousands out there.

Carry on.
You’re right, I did say the future was EV, but I think it’s inevitable, not because it’s the right thing. I should have added more context.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
EVs...meh, no soul; actually souless.

My wife and daughter just drove from CT to AZ a few weeks back, 2900+ total miles in just over 3 days in a '21 Jeep Wrangler Willys. Try that in an EV and days turn into weeks with the time spent at a charging station and they're no "faster" than a horse and carriage...! :ROFLMAO:

Trying my best to leave politics out of it, neither the technology nor the infrastructure are anywhere near where they need to be to support/sustain a significant increase in EVs, where total ownership is currently in the low single digits.

The environmental destruction that goes hand in hand with mining for the materials required for EVs batteries aside, batteries can only be charged/discharged/recharged so many cycles before they require replacement and that's the other argument that EV proponents have no response to. The replacement cost of EV batteries/battery packs is insanely high and literally cost prohibitive, which effective turns them into disposal vehicles. This story made the rounds only a few short weeks ago for example:

https://www.ntd.com/battery-replace...s-would-cost-more-than-car-itself_811083.html

That story is hardly anecdotal and is another significant EV issue that there's no getting around, not to mention the fact that it's hardly "green" to throw the EV baby out with the bathwater.

Hybrids/EVs certainly have applications in urban areas, but where I live in rural Arizona, hardly. I've seen a few conversations here about the 1/2 mile runway run at Gila Bend, just down the street from there is a Hardy's with a Tesla charging station, and the last time I went through there it was packed because anyone whose been on that stretch of the interstate knows it's like Mars, and this time of year you do NOT want to get stuck on the side of the road, when prolonged exposure is literally a life or death matter.

I hope you don't need to tow your super quick EV to the track to humiliate all those ICE machine lovers with your EV truck, 'cause you're gonna run outta luck their too cowboy...

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a40896618/ev-pickups-towing-test-hummer-rivian-lightning/

HARD nope.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Not really politics more like economics???

Im tired of reading my lefty friends on FB (who know dick about cars in general) all celebrating like this is the end of global warming and stuff.

I dipped my toe in the water once, they don't want to hear it. Just like the masks and the jabs etc. Get in line or GTFO.

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
Did you miss the part where I said “that Charger”? I’m not saying that EVs are invincible… I’m saying that the guys blaming the “circumstances” for the outcome against the Lucid are only fooling themselves.

The space ships still use fuel, but the particle collider uses electricity. How far you wanna go with this?
When an EV wins Le Mans…what many consider the pinnacle of racing.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
When an EV wins Le Mans…what many consider the pinnacle of racing.
it will once they make it the only choice

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
it will once they make it the only choice
Who has that pic we have seen somewhere that has the EV towing a trailer with a generator in it? Or build on on the car roof. That is the only way an EV even runs a few laps at LeMans, let alone continue in the entire race. Love it!! Good point.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I accidentally watched part of a race with electric race cars.

Turns out that instead of normal pit stops with fueling, tire changes, etc., the driver just hops into a new car.
So, if a team has 48 cars, and they don't break down or crash much, it's fully doable to win LeMans with "an" EV.

Last edited:

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
...and lest we forget (or me, since I was on a roll in my previous post) that charging those EVs happens by way of...MAGIC! No wait, fossil fuels, which produce +/- 90% of all of our energy needs. And while you're "saving" all of that money on gas and laughing at the Hellcat driving/ICE-Neanderthals waiting in line at the gas station and paying $5, 6 or more dollars a gallon, you're charging your EV at home which will have no bearing whatsoever on your power bill either. Right...

In the interest of full disclosure, my home is (newly) solar. Why pray tell you hypocritical bastard?! Well I happen to live in quite literally "the sunniest place on earth" with 330+ days of year of sunshine. Not exactly idyllic living conditions but definitely favorable for solar power.

CRAZY thing happens when the sun sets though...the solar panels stop producing power, which leaves me tied into the local power grid and "going off the grid" is illegal when I live anyway. I could avoid that with battery/power packs which are insanely expensive and have a charge/discharge/recharge lifespan like I previously mentioned OR I can have my solar panels produce more power than I consume and have the power company buy my excess power back which covers the costs of the power I use when the sun goes down. The benefits are fixed power costs for 25 years, renewable at that time for the exact same cost, and the entire system is monitored and covered in the event of a defect, etc. Transferable or removable should I sell this home and guaranteed to (under)perform at a stated kWh value or I'll be reimbursed for the difference. There was nothing "green" about my decision to go ("125%") solar; it was purely financial in the interest of fixing a long term recurring expense that typically increases 2-3%/year. That's it...but I'll gladly taken my "carbon offset credits" and happily apply them to my Hellcat, whenever it is I actually get it!

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I accidentally watched part of a race with electric race cars.

Turns out that instead of normal pit stops with fueling, tire changes, etc., the driver just hops into a new car.
So, if a team has 48 cars, and they don't break down or crash much, it's fully doable to win LeMans with "an" EV.
That is so bullshit. Then allow every team to have multiple cars in the garage, because in 24 hours shit happens. Then the fundamentals of everything changed. This and everything else that is changing can get bent. Not participating or paying for any of it.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
That is so bullshit. Then allow every team to have multiple cars in the garage, because in 24 hours shit happens. Then the fundamentals of everything changed. This and everything else that is changing can get bent. Not participating or paying for any of it.
unlimited cars but same driver:unsure: