Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Brampton Assembly ...

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It's such a damn shame to see it end...this is bad...really bad...:(

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Great video...damn shame...No good reason for it to end

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I was just watching this on youtube and was going to post it but already has been:)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
It's such a damn shame to see it end...this is bad...really bad...:(
nothing lasts forever. Have to be thankful to have owned these cars and being a part of it now. We bought a new 2013 Charger, 17 Charger and 18 Challenger. We were given the chance in this muscle era to see these cars new and see them at the dealerships like they did 60 years ago. I was born in 1970 so I didn't get to experience the 60s and 70s as a young man. Some here got to do both but I'm happy I got my muscle car era like my father did

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
nothing lasts forever. Have to be thankful to have owned these cars and being a part of it now. We bought a new 2013 Charger, 17 Charger and 18 Challenger. We were given the chance in this muscle era to see these cars new and see them at the dealerships like they did 60 years ago. I was born in 1970 so I didn't get to experience the 60s and 70s as a young man. Some here got to do both but I'm happy I got my muscle car era like my father did
I was one of the fortunate ones...born in 1953...saw the late 60's / early 70's..first car @ 17 was a slightly used 69 RR..then @ 18..a brand spankin new Demon 340..(God I miss that car...)..@ my age I wont see a third round (even if there is one)...but I got what I needed twice....I realize how lucky I am....(y)(y)(y);)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
First car at 15 was a 56 Chevy with a big block. Drove a Challenger TA through high school and raced it to death.

Now I have experienced the Hellcat. A very exciting time for me. I'll always remember both with great memories.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I grew up and got my DL in the mid 80s with my dad having a well respected body shop at our country home. This allowed me to be able to get a bunch of different used late 60s early 70s muscle cars! I had everything from a 72 Cadillac coupe deville to a 69 Mach I to 65 Impala convertible and about everything in between so I was very lucky to enjoy all those in my late teens and beyond!
I never in those days dreamed of an 800+hp factory car or spending 80,90,100k on a car unless it was a Rolls, Bentley, turbo Porsche or Lamborghini 🤣🤣🤣

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
I was one of the fortunate ones...born in 1953...saw the late 60's / early 70's..first car @ 17 was a slightly used 69 RR..then @ 18..a brand spankin new Demon 340..(God I miss that car...)..@ my age I wont see a third round (even if there is one)...but I got what I needed twice....I realize how lucky I am....(y)(y)(y);)
I fully understand, born a few years, before you and I identify, as middle age (ha, ha). This was some of the greatest times in the history, of our great country, "too much horsepower, is just enough." I had some wonderful cars, two Hurst SC/Ramblers (A & B), Mustang mach 1, Mustang GT, three Hellcats (1 - Redeye). I agree, it's doubtful, there will be a third round of muscle cars, so very sad. I will keep my SC/Rambler and Redeye until the end. Yes, we are the lucky ones...

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I waz apart of da 1st, 2nd, and hopefully da 3rd. It is still fun, again 2 day. Thanks Dodge fer da memoriezes.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
You and I are two of the few to realize the joy of both eras. Although you're still somewhat of a kid compared to me.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I fully understand, born a few years, before you and I identify, as middle age (ha, ha). This was some of the greatest times in the history, of our great country, "too much horsepower, is just enough." I had some wonderful cars, two Hurst SC/Ramblers (A & B), Mustang mach 1, Mustang GT, three Hellcats (1 - Redeye). I agree, it's doubtful, there will be a third round of muscle cars, so very sad. I will keep my SC/Rambler and Redeye until the end. Yes, we are the lucky ones...
Which S/C Ramblers did you have?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
First car at 15 was a 56 Chevy with a big block. Drove a Challenger TA through high school and raced it to death.

Now I have experienced the Hellcat. A very exciting time for me. I'll always remember both with great memories.
As they say....I't don't get no better than that(y)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
As they say....I't don't get no better than that(y)
I agree. Drove a 911 Turbo S on Friday. What a great car. Very pricy. I hesitated and it sold. I really didn't want the cabriolet but the price was right on that one.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I agree. Drove a 911 Turbo S on Friday. What a great car. Very pricy. I hesitated and it sold. I really didn't want the cabriolet but the price was right on that one.
I have 2 friends that own them...both love em...and they say they just don't break...I'm not a used car buyer..and I will not lay out 200 large for one...so I have repeatedly turned down both their offers to drive theirs

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I have 2 friends that own them...both love em...and they say they just don't break...I'm not a used car buyer..and I will not lay out 200 large for one...so I have repeatedly turned down both their offers to drive theirs
You're missing out. I normally don't like to buy used anymore but it was a certified porsche with a 2 year unlimited warranty and $24K under market. Oh well.

@Speedy! probably bought it.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You're missing out. I normally don't like to buy used anymore but it was a certified porsche with a 2 year unlimited warranty and $24K under market. Oh well.
Your probably right...but I still own my 2 vipers..and though not fast..but fun nonetheless... Prowler....the HC...Demon...(and soon the 170)...plus over 25 bikes...I don't even have time to enjoy what I have...especially since soon the season up here will be over...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Your probably right...but I still own my 2 vipers..and though not fast..but fun nonetheless... Prowler....the HC...Demon...(and soon the 170)...plus over 25 bikes...I don't even have time to enjoy what I have...especially since soon the season up here will be over...
I'm not going to keep more than a daily driver and a fun car at this point. Way too much responsibility and work.

Our season is just starting here. Weather has broke and the days are less humid and the sun less intense.

Yea, I missed this one but it didn't check all of my boxes so the hunt continues. I didn't like the black aero wing that came up in sport+ mode on a white car or being a convertible. The wing looked gaudy to me.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'm not going to keep more than a daily driver and a fun car at this point. Way too much responsibility and work.

Our season is just starting here. Weather has broke and the days are less humid and the sun less intense.

Yea, I missed this one but it didn't check all of my boxes so the hunt continues. I didn't like the black aero wing that came up in sport+ mode on a white car or being a convertible. The wing looked gaudy to me.
I have considered down sizing for the past two years...your right about just maintaining toys...I have takin on a detailer.a young kid with an unbelievable work ethic..and a willingness to listen and learn...it's lightened the load....but try as I might..be it a car or a bike...I can't decide what goes...and what stays...I just can't do it...:rolleyes:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I have considered down sizing for the past two years...your right about just maintaining toys...I have takin on a detailer.a young kid with an unbelievable work ethic..and a willingness to listen and learn...it's lightened the load....but try as I might..be it a car or a bike...I can't decide what goes...and what stays...I just can't do it...:rolleyes:
It's a tough decision but after you make it, you'll breathe a sigh of relief.
I read an article in Hemmings that the guy talked about downsizing. It helped me move forward with letting stuff go.