Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

"Black Ghost" Listed For $200K

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
I respect everyone's decision on their own cars. Mine normally doesn't attract any attention, anytime, even with it being red.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Doesn't clash as much. But seeing it in person, it never showed well. Got passed around with a couple of my friends. Then sold again. That was owner 4 in 5K miles.
David for something to “clash” don’t we need two COLORS and not be two different materials? Black & chrome or silver VS black & black. But I understand, it just don’t set well in your eye. That’s ok. Some of us like to highlight and CONTRAST the wheel colors with the body color. Anyway to your original post, agree the cost some folks are dreaming up now are crazy.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It is ok, that may be true, some folks like different looks. That makes the place interesting. Learned that lesson while embedded deep in showing/building custom bikes group of people for a few years. It was fun, I won some prizes with contrasts we are talking about. Lots of chrome with deep colors. My Octane Red Redeye is basically sort of a replica of my previous money pit on two wheels.
Gorgeous...and yer RE with those wheels..off the hook...now talk to Gator Boy..the man never listens to me...:rolleyes::rolleyes::giggle::giggle:;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I respect everyone's decision on their own cars. Mine normally doesn't attract any attention, anytime, even with it being red.
Yeah right...and I'm an Irish princess..:rolleyes:

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
David for something to “clash” don’t we need two COLORS and not be two different materials? Black & chrome or silver VS black & black. But I understand, it just don’t set well in your eye. That’s ok. Some of us like to highlight and CONTRAST the wheel colors with the body color. Anyway to your original post, agree the cost some folks are dreaming up now are crazy.
I was considering putting some pursuit style wheels, painted body color, on mine with the dog dish hubcaps. Very old school but they have to be custom made and I'm not spending the money.

I'm sure you guys wouldn't like it at all.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
Yeah right...and I'm an Irish princess..:rolleyes:
Only taillights.

You can see it in plenty of youtube videos and performance websites.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was considering putting some pursuit style wheels, painted body color, on mine with the dog dish hubcaps. Very old school but they have to be custom made and I'm not spending the money.

I'm sure you guys wouldn't like it at all.
Ha. Maybe that would be too old fashioned.:sneaky:
Save your cash.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #28
Ha. Maybe that would be too old fashioned.:sneaky:
Save your cash.
See. I called it. We were attending a bunch of car events where it was mostly classics. Probably fit in better.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yep, it would not be my favorite but whatever turns others cranks is fine. I just keep walking until I see what I like at those shows. It is all good. Don’t worry about what fits in, run with what you like and race and show it.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #30
Yep, it would not be my favorite but whatever turns others cranks is fine. I just keep walking until I see what I like at those shows. It is all good. Don’t worry about what fits in, run with what you like and race and show it.
It's my own style. I like this look.
1964-plymouth-sport-fury-rear-3-4.jpg

Last edited:

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
The entire black ghost thing was a scam from the start.
I was a teen-20's in Metro-Detroit, and attended the street-races where all the hitters attended. All the old guys around metro-Detroit had never heard of that car, till Stellantis started the legend circulating. I don't think a 3800lb., stock, hemi-Challenger would have been anything to worry about. Well built small-block cars of the time would have had it's ass. I have respect for a veteran and LE officer, but when he died....the BS started.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #32
I was a teen-20's in Metro-Detroit, and attended the street-races where all the hitters attended. All the old guys around metro-Detroit had never heard of that car, till Stellantis started the legend circulating. I don't think a 3800lb., stock, hemi-Challenger would have been anything to worry about. Well built small-block cars of the time would have had it's ass. I have respect for a veteran and LE officer, but when he died....the BS started.
My 340 Challenger would of whipped its ass. Those cars were mid 13s on a good day.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Fugly fake vinyl roof + not having a full leather interior + a bunch of off the shelf badging made it a no go for me @ 100K.
@ $200k :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #34
Fugly fake vinyl roof + not having a full leather interior + a bunch of off the shelf badging made it a no go for me @ 100K.
American Chopper Argument 29122023034808.jpg

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB

The bullshit story is the worst part. Even with a gator top and good leather. TOTAL BULLSHIT for everybody to make money. It devalued the car to sxt status, for me.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #36
The bullshit story is the worst part. Even with a gator top and good leather. TOTAL BULLSHIT for everybody to make money. It devalued the car to sxt status, for me.
The only decent limited last call in my opinion is the 170, which has been totally whored out and the 1320 Charger which the dealers tried to whore but people don't understand what they really are.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
no it isnt the same wheel. The BG are the original HC rims in silver. Those in the pic are 50th anniv wheels they were occaisionally putting on the HCs until they ran out or had supplier issues

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #38
no it isnt the same wheel. The BG are the original HC rims in silver. Those in the pic are 50th anniv wheels they were occaisionally putting on the HCs until they ran out or had supplier issues
Yep. I took a closer look. Very similar but different.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I'm wondering if any of these "special" final editions have any vin identifiers? Or are we going to see thousands of these in 10 years or so?
I would say very likely. Maybe the one good thing Dodge has going (assuming it doesn't get taken down at some point) is the online window sticker and build sheet tool - don't recall if those denote the special editions, but I'm guessing one or both do.

One thing for sure is, there will be way more "Last Call" cars for sale in the future than were ever built - lurking for the uneducated sucker, due to those under hood tags being sold over the Mopar parts counter. Pissed me off when I saw that.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #40
I would say very likely. Maybe the one good thing Dodge has going (assuming it doesn't get taken down at some point) is the online window sticker and build sheet tool - don't recall if those denote the special editions, but I'm guessing one or both do.

One thing for sure is, there will be way more "Last Call" cars for sale in the future than were ever built - lurking for the uneducated sucker, due to those under hood tags being sold over the Mopar parts counter. Pissed me off when I saw that.
I'm pretty sure that my Challenger TA with a stripe delete got crushed along the way.

But it's very likely that it's sitting in someone's garage with them believing that they have a super rare car but it's a fake.