Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone see this?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
OP
Hunter

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #3
Interesting. I wish i could choose to leave the backup cam on!
Sometimes, for sure.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I got the stripper model without the big screen so that shouldn't affect me. See, sometimes less is more (better) Lol. And yes I think it would be good to leave it on full time as an option. "People will be distracted"....walk and chew gum people. I turned my rear beeper off also, I get in real tight on the back of garage and the beeping was annoying me. With the new SRT spoiler I just installed, you can actually see the rear bumper and see exactly how close you are to whatever your backing up to. With the standard one you could not, which wound up being an un-intended plus. (Safety issue, to justify spending the extra money!)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
They are not touching my '19 for any reason even similar to that. The computers etc. work fine and don't need any updating, or changing unless it is done for performance mods.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
They are not touching my '19 for any reason even similar to that. The computers etc. work fine and don't need any updating, or changing unless it is done for performance mods.
Feel same way. All I can think of is 'joy ride' every time I think of having to leave it. Can't you just put it in valet mode with the black key if you must leave it (safety recalls) or can the dealer over ride that?

OP
Hunter

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #7
Feel same way. All I can think of is 'joy ride' every time I think of having to leave it. Can't you just put it in valet mode with the black key if you must leave it (safety recalls) or can the dealer over ride that?
Yes.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
My charger did that once while I was going down the interstate. Kinda freaked me out, but I was sure it was the Tazer I left plugged in. Never did it again once I unplugged it.

Ronan978

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Sinai
State
NY
Country
United States
I feel you here. I won't even update my uconnect because right now everything works , I don't mind the glitchy camera. In fact with the tazer you can double tap mute and it will come on up to I believe 15mph.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My car has done that twice, but its a 2017 not affected by the recall. I don't look at the camera anyway, I am capable of looking thru glass and using my mirrors. If I had the car with 3 pedals and was still able to back up without a camera I would be considered a real driver:geek:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Interesting. I wish i could choose to leave the backup cam on!
My Redeye did this about 2 months after I got it. I drove to the dealership and it would not repeat. It’s been fine since then. I blame all my anomaly’s on it being a California car.

OP
Hunter

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #12
My Redeye did this about 2 months after I got it. I drove to the dealership and it would not repeat. It’s been fine since then. I blame all my anomaly’s on it being a California car.
A California car built in Canada?

Stl376

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
O'fallon
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat A8
My 19 has done that once. Fixed after letting it sit awhile, hasnt done it since. My wifes Jeep GC has a button for it.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm almost willing to subject my 'Hawk to dealer treatment IF it means that they can fix another issue with the damn screen in the process.

I only see the backup camera as an irritant (as long as it goes away as it should), but what I really dislike is that with the performance pages (namely, gauges) on the screen, the tuning knob for the radio doesn't work.

In other words, going too fast on curvy roads impatient me wants to change the station. That involves hitting the right spot on the screen and change it to the radio, then find a tune I like, then hit the right spot on the screen again, all without running off the road.
That process can take a mile or two depending on how fun the road is.

Have a case open with Uconnect since about a month ago. So far, nobody seems to know (or care) how to fix it. I may very well end up selling this car because of it. Yes, I hate that dangerous flaw that much.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I'm almost willing to subject my 'Hawk to dealer treatment IF it means that they can fix another issue with the damn screen in the process.

I only see the backup camera as an irritant (as long as it goes away as it should), but what I really dislike is that with the performance pages (namely, gauges) on the screen, the tuning knob for the radio doesn't work.

In other words, going too fast on curvy roads impatient me wants to change the station. That involves hitting the right spot on the screen and change it to the radio, then find a tune I like, then hit the right spot on the screen again, all without running off the road.
That process can take a mile or two depending on how fun the road is.

Have a case open with Uconnect since about a month ago. So far, nobody seems to know (or care) how to fix it. I may very well end up selling this car because of it. Yes, I hate that dangerous flaw that much.
Use the buttons on the steering wheel. Behind the spokes you have one for volume on the left and one for station selection on right (or vise versa) so you never have to search on screen (though I still do. Lol.)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yeah, in theory those would work...if at stop lights, on straight enough roads, etc.
In my mind those steering wheel buttons are a very poor substitute for a knob I should be able to use, without taking my eyes off the road.
Just like how it works in the Challenger.

I learned to hate those steering wheel buttons when steering with my knee while making a bit of a left turn behind the garage, when putting the seat belt on in my Ram 1500.
I have since started to put the belt on later, but my dislike for those buttons hasn't gone away.

It's ironic, I think, that the more nannies and "conveniences" they add, the more dangerous (distracted driving) it gets for me.

OP
Hunter

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #17
You can use valet mode, or black key, but I believe they only need to disconnect the battery to reset valet. So, best bet, is just use the black key.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Yeah, in theory those would work...if at stop lights, on straight enough roads, etc.
In my mind those steering wheel buttons are a very poor substitute for a knob I should be able to use, without taking my eyes off the road.
Just like how it works in the Challenger.

I learned to hate those steering wheel buttons when steering with my knee while making a bit of a left turn behind the garage, when putting the seat belt on in my Ram 1500.
I have since started to put the belt on later, but my dislike for those buttons hasn't gone away.

It's ironic, I think, that the more nannies and "conveniences" they add, the more dangerous (distracted driving) it gets for me.
I don't like the Nanny or conveniences either , hence the stripper model. But what drives me crazy is the shifter tabs in manual mode. If you turn the wheel they turn with it. If you try to shift while in a turn or turning, you get all crossed up. I believe the Ferraris stay stationary to avoid this. That's my single biggest complaint or pet peve so far on the RE.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I don't like the Nanny or conveniences either , hence the stripper model. But what drives me crazy is the shifter tabs in manual mode. If you turn the wheel they turn with it. If you try to shift while in a turn or turning, you get all crossed up. I believe the Ferraris stay stationary to avoid this. That's my single biggest complaint or pet peve so far on the RE.
Having driven Aston Martins with stationary shifter paddles, I'd say be careful what you ask for.
I much prefer that they turn with the 'wheel.

There are a few switchbacks around here sharp enough that my speed through them is basically limited by how quickly I can turn the 'wheel (if the car handles well enough), but shifting while in them is far from high on my list.