Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone run a C8?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I am breaking your balls but in all honesty I am not a fan of the C8.
Nor am I...I doubt I would keep it...but my wife absolutely loves it...so..it stays...

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Nor am I...I doubt I would keep it...but my wife absolutely loves it...so..it stays...
My roommate is absolutely in love. I think they look good, but wouldn't own one.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
I have always said going to the track when going drag racing as does everyone else I have talked to. I have never been around people that go to a road course regularly

So I get what you are saying but I don't see meself saying going to the strip at this point:)
In St Pete/Tampa there was a distinction between the two, because in the early 2000's many C5 guys were regulars at Bradenton Motorsports Park(Desoto)...ie...the drag strip, but at the same time there was another big contigency of owners that liked to "track" thier cars at Sebring.

Then there was the autocross guys...😂

It was a confusing time for what the proverbial..."take it to the track" line meant. 😳

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
To be fair, on a roll, I've ran and beaten Redeyes as well. On a track the Redeye is the thing to have, but on the street, the SRT has better control over its traction. I've driven plenty of Redeyes and Demons and for street work, I think the base model has better torque and traction control.

Ummm...lol...too bad you're not in the Houston area.