Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone run a C8?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Eh, most Vette owners I meet drive them no differently than those old school Buick Roadmasters they would have been driving 20 years ago. Slow, in the left lane, hands 10-2 while wearing a GAP ball cap. I passed a convoy of 8-10 C7s and 2 C8s leaving the Cars and Coffee here 2 weeks agoon the Interstate and they were all doing 70 in a 75 in the right lane. I buzzed them all Maverick style @ 80-100mph and not a single one broke the conga line. They must have been heading to the Saturday morning Country Buffet.
good on you man.

There was a C7, yellow with custom deck stripes out here that would drive sort of sporty and generally acted like he was the shit. I chased him down in the GTO a few years ago and he was moving at a pretty good clip so I had to pass him up (coasting) at "take me to jail" speeds for west texas and as I went past gave a restrained rev (in that car, there was no mistaking that for anything other than an invitation because none of that electronic active exhaust BS). I braked pretty hard to so it would be easy for him to come up. Guy actually jumped in his seat (guess he was not looking in rear view because Corvette) and his eyes got big, then he took a hard left and disappeared. Don't get me wrong, I like to win, but I like to race far more. I don't care if it's a Veyron, bring your stuff. I think I scared him and I didn't mean to do that. There was a great reduction in the amount of him driving that car after that.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
There was this guy one time... He was driving a C7... He hung with the 707 Hellcat Challenger neck and neck all the way up to 145.... He was wearing a mopar shirt I believe.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
If I get even older and manage to get one of those new ones when they make the big Z model, are you guys going to talk that way about me too? I suppose I need to keep at least a picture of the big Mopar in the window?
No matter who you are, what you drive, or where you go..... there are always proponents, and there are always detractors... I wont talk that way about you... We can go try out a couple of tracks in TX together.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
There was this guy one time... He was driving a C7... He hung with the 707 Hellcat Challenger neck and neck all the way up to 145.... He was wearing a mopar shirt I believe.
But, but the punch line. @sad now how many guys were in the 707?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Mines broken in and if I lived closer I’d like give you a run:p
4E352787-8889-4A26-8E31-0B1731EFC126.jpeg

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
But, but the punch line. @sad now how many guys were in the 707?
Well if I’m being honest, it was 1 little old lady and 3 church friends. All tiny and frail. I think they were headed to bingo night. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well if I’m being honest, it was 1 little old lady and 3 church friends. All tiny and frail. I think they were headed to bingo night. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
It was Sunday morning! Those must have been Church ladies. That was it. Oh, let me guess, Cob, was the little old lady driver? Little bitch at that, quick with that right foot.

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
I ACTUALLY GOT ONE TO PLAY WITH ME TODAY!

I was on the I-10 east bound into Tallahassee and a white C8 passed me in traffic with temp plates on. A little past a major onramp, traffic thinned out and I passed the C8 at a pretty slow speed under about 70. I had about 5 car lengths on him as I was in the middle of the 3 lane interstate. The C8 jumped from the right to the far left lane behind me and went WOT and attempted to pass me under full power. I may or may not have been ready and was holding 4th in track trans mode. I blipped down into 3rd and went WOT at 70mph. He never even pulled even with me and by the time I hit 120 he was disappearing beyond 5 cars.

We both exited at the same offramp about a mile later. We shared thumbs up and he said he thought his C8 was faster than a Red Eye.

Eh, I wasn't in a Red Eye, but I didn't tell him that. I asked him if he just bought it recently.

"Yeah man, I'm on the way home from the dealership!"

I complimented him on his ride and we went our separate ways.

OP
StingrayZ51

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
Thread Starter #30

I was on the I-10 east bound into Tallahassee and a white C8 passed me in traffic with temp plates on. A little past a major onramp, traffic thinned out and I passed the C8 at a pretty slow speed under about 70. I had about 5 car lengths on him as I was in the middle of the 3 lane interstate. The C8 jumped from the right to the far left lane behind me and went WOT and attempted to pass me under full power. I may or may not have been ready and was holding 4th in track trans mode. I blipped down into 3rd and went WOT at 70mph. He never even pulled even with me and by the time I hit 120 he was disappearing beyond 5 cars.

We both exited at the same offramp about a mile later. We shared thumbs up and he said he thought his C8 was faster than a Red Eye.

Eh, I wasn't in a Red Eye, but I didn't tell him that. I asked him if he just bought it recently.

See now that’s how you break in a car!! They are badass cars but as the previous owner of a C7 I would never buy one. Worst car I’ve every owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
See now that’s how you break in a car!! They are badass cars but as the previous owner of a C7 I would never buy one. Worst car I’ve every owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I knew from a roll that he wouldn't have much. I also don't consider roll racing, racing. I'd love to square off from zero though. "On paper" the Vette should bake my cake, but I can out-drive the average driver on the street (I have >5,000 hours of lap and strip racing hours in my 43 years and 2 racing licenses to prove it). To date, I've ran my neighbor's 2020 GT500 that was supposed to beat the NB Hellcat, but my neighbor has yet to beat mine with me driving (and we've ran our cars at least 20 times now). Now, I have also not lost to my car with me behind the wheel of his GT500, so the cars really are closely matched. This is my first Hellcat, but I've owned 2 different Mustangs... an F1-R ProCharged 2015 and a 2017 GT350 (which I put over 1,500 hours of track time in on... so I know how to drive those S550s).

For the record, my car is mostly bone stock, right down to the all season Pirellis until spring when I put some real rubber on them. My neighbor... great guy, but he got the GT500 after trading in his Hyundai Tiburon that he had been driving since 2009. So...

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I knew from a roll that he wouldn't have much. I also don't consider roll racing, racing. I'd love to square off from zero though. "On paper" the Vette should bake my cake, but I can out-drive the average driver on the street (I have >5,000 hours of lap and strip racing hours in my 43 years and 2 racing licenses to prove it). To date, I've ran my neighbor's 2020 GT500 that was supposed to beat the NB Hellcat, but my neighbor has yet to beat mine with me driving (and we've ran our cars at least 20 times now). Now, I have also not lost to my car with me behind the wheel of his GT500, so the cars really are closely matched. This is my first Hellcat, but I've owned 2 different Mustangs... an F1-R ProCharged 2015 and a 2017 GT350 (which I put over 1,500 hours of track time in on... so I know how to drive those S550s).

For the record, my car is mostly bone stock, right down to the all season Pirellis until spring when I put some real rubber on them. My neighbor... great guy, but he got the GT500 after trading in his Hyundai Tiburon that he had been driving since 2009. So...
I think if I were your neighbor - after the 19th defeat I’d give up. This guy is a glutton for punishment and has to be married lol.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
It was Sunday morning! Those must have been Church ladies. That was it. Oh, let me guess, Cob, was the little old lady driver? Little bitch at that, quick with that right foot.
Ma in her R/T with 93yr Ruth ( Church lady and cat lady) love's it when she pulls 2nd and 3rd. This old gal says " unleash the beast" she doesn't want to ride in the Cat she said the "beast" is enough for her. She's used to model T's She knew Scar Face.

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
If I get even older and manage to get one of those new ones when they make the big Z model, are you guys going to talk that way about me too? I suppose I need to keep at least a picture of the big Mopar in the window?
Gatzby, aren't you too tall for a C8? LOL

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle

I would have just said with a smile, you should have bought a Redeye, because one just spanked ME bad yesterday. Enjoy, it!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Gatzby, aren't you too tall for a C8? LOL
With a helmet maybe. That would be something I need to check. But I am not over 6’ so hope they make it for guys my size. I know I can’t see out of a Camaro, have tried it more than once and I never want to drive one of those again.

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I would have just said with a smile, you should have bought a Redeye, because one just spanked ME bad yesterday. Enjoy, it!
To be fair, on a roll, I've ran and beaten Redeyes as well. On a track the Redeye is the thing to have, but on the street, the SRT has better control over its traction. I've driven plenty of Redeyes and Demons and for street work, I think the base model has better torque and traction control.

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think if I were your neighbor - after the 19th defeat I’d give up. This guy is a glutton for punishment and has to be married lol.
He's trying to improve :) I am taking him to a local circuit track this weekend for some driver instruction.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
To be fair, on a roll, I've ran and beaten Redeyes as well. On a track the Redeye is the thing to have, but on the street, the SRT has better control over its traction. I've driven plenty of Redeyes and Demons and for street work, I think the base model has better torque and traction control.
Nice work. Sounds like a good runner.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

Aren't they electronically limited during break in?