Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone know?

Deano

1000 Posts Club
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
Do our Challengers, 2019 specifically, have passivated glass, IE, "Soft-Ray", "EZE-Cool", "Solar-Coat", or "Solar-Cool" rear windows?
Those that have metallic particles in the glass that prevent a glass mounted antenna from working.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Do our Challengers, 2019 specifically, have passivated glass, IE, "Soft-Ray", "EZE-Cool", "Solar-Coat", or "Solar-Cool" rear windows?
Those that have metallic particles in the glass that prevent a glass mounted antenna from working.

I don't know, but I haven't heard anyone complain about blocked radardetector signals, and I think that's a characteristic of that type of glass?

OP
Deano

Deano

1000 Posts Club
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Bull. However, with my limited knowledge of RF and such, it is my understanding that receiving is very different than transmiting through glass using a glass mount antenna.

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
If you are transmitting this way, check your VSWR and make it as low as possible...<2 is desirable as this is reflected signal. For receiving, unless it is a band that prone to signal degradation from barriers, you shouldn't really notice the loss as it would be minimal.

OP
Deano

Deano

1000 Posts Club
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
Thread Starter #5
Appreciate the information.
Maybe I should clarify.
I'm going to install a pager theft alert in the car that transmits on 27MHz (a CB frequency), if I have a rear window with the "passivated glass" that is not compatible with a glass mount antenna I won't buy one. I will be forced to do a NMO mount in the trunk. NOOOOO!