Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Another Year, Another thread on Winter storage. Please post up, what do you do and what do you use. IE Batteries, Fluids, Cover, you know the rest!

RichNolen

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hobart
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango Hellcat
My biggest fear is the Salt - Rust thing. I would only be driving it a couple of times a month to keep the fluids going and then only when the roads were dry. Well at least that's the plan. Like today I am going to look at a winter beater, but I have to take the HC. So I plan on doing the underside wash on the way home.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I usually just drive mine during the winter, good for the seals

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
...good for the seals
You still have seals there? I figured that the alligators and pythons had eliminated those by now.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I would only be driving it a couple of times a month to keep the fluids going and then only when the roads were dry.
The fluids will be just fine even if it sits for six months. And better than if you drive it every two weeks without getting them up to temp.