Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

ADM’s on SRT’s and Hellcats

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Lots and lots of young (20s-ish) Scat Pack drivers around here.
Probably varies from areas?

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
At the risk of bringing this thread roughly back on topic here's my experience with Dodge dealers lately..

I sold my SS. I seriously looked into a 170 but in the end I have concerns about those cars eating themselves if they're raced much. So, I decided I pick up a Challenger Scat Pack just to enjoy riding around in. I have a certain color/trim level/etc. that I want and have located a few around the country.

This is how it's gone so far:
1 - New car in Texas. Sales guy is nice. We have a good talk. I make an offer(reasonable, cash). He says he'll call me back after speaking to the GM. That was a week ago..
2 - New car in Texas. Get a sales guy with the ability to talk numbers. I like the car and will give asking. All looks good until the $3k dealer installed package shows up right at the end. It's basically tinted windows and some invisible paint protection(read: B.S.). I told him I wouldn't do that, he couldn't not do it so that one was over.
3 - New car in Georgia. Pricing was misleading. It went up $4k as soon as things got serious. Nope.
4 - Used car in Florida. Nice car. '23 w under 1k miles. Ask is too high. I offer $3k less. Says he'll talk to the GM and call me back. No call.
5 - New car in Texas. Goes up $5k because of a "computer setup issue that includes all discounts". Bait and switch on price. F*ck them. That was a short phone call.
6 - Used car in Florida. It's a '19. No pics. Called twice for pics. Got given the runaround and both times they tried to switch me over to talking about their new inventory. I have doubts this car even exists.

So, in short I don't know what DODGE is actually trying to sell but it apparently isn't cars. Worth noting, each time they prodded me for more and more personal information. One even wanted a pic of my drivers license. I'm seriously wondering if Stellantis is quietly in the information gathering/selling business now that they're apparently no longer actively trying to sell Dodges.

It's been a weird week...

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #24
At the risk of bringing this thread roughly back on topic here's my experience with Dodge dealers lately..

I sold my SS. I seriously looked into a 170 but in the end I have concerns about those cars eating themselves if they're raced much. So, I decided I pick up a Challenger Scat Pack just to enjoy riding around in. I have a certain color/trim level/etc. that I want and have located a few around the country.

This is how it's gone so far:
1 - New car in Texas. Sales guy is nice. We have a good talk. I make an offer(reasonable, cash). He says he'll call me back after speaking to the GM. That was a week ago..
2 - New car in Texas. Get a sales guy with the ability to talk numbers. I like the car and will give asking. All looks good until the $3k dealer installed package shows up right at the end. It's basically tinted windows and some invisible paint protection(read: B.S.). I told him I wouldn't do that, he couldn't not do it so that one was over.
3 - New car in Georgia. Pricing was misleading. It went up $4k as soon as things got serious. Nope.
4 - Used car in Florida. Nice car. '23 w under 1k miles. Ask is too high. I offer $3k less. Says he'll talk to the GM and call me back. No call.
5 - New car in Texas. Goes up $5k because of a "computer setup issue that includes all discounts". Bait and switch on price. F*ck them. That was a short phone call.
6 - Used car in Florida. It's a '19. No pics. Called twice for pics. Got given the runaround and both times they tried to switch me over to talking about their new inventory. I have doubts this car even exists.

So, in short I don't know what DODGE is actually trying to sell but it apparently isn't cars. Worth noting, each time they prodded me for more and more personal information. One even wanted a pic of my drivers license. I'm seriously wondering if Stellantis is quietly in the information gathering/selling business now that they're apparently no longer actively trying to sell Dodges.

It's been a weird week...
They are headed to the deep water.😉

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
They are headed to the deep water.😉
They make more money selling your data than from selling cars from what I was told.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
For me it was name, address, ph#.
And then it was time to get back to why I contacted them...

Right now I *really* wish I was one of those people that likes
Porsche, Mercedes, etc. I'm having a hard time finding any other
late model anything that trips my trigger.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
For me it was name, address, ph#.
And then it was time to get back to why I contacted them...

Right now I *really* wish I was one of those people that likes
Porsche, Mercedes, etc. I'm having a hard time finding any other
late model anything that trips my trigger.
Stay away from Mercedes. We thought we were lifetime Mercedes people awhile back.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
This event at Daytona takes up the whole infield at the speedway. You can walk for hours and not see everything.
I can walk...and look @ cars all day long...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Stay away from Mercedes. We thought we were lifetime Mercedes people awhile back.
nothing but over rated junk now..

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I can walk...and look @ cars all day long...
You should come down to one of these events. The Thanksgiving event is much bigger.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
People are moving on from this platform. There's nothing new for them.
Meanwhile, I'm hoping that some dealer hangs on to a Granite Challenger for a long time.

If I somehow end up needing a replacement for my '18, I won't argue too much about the price - as long as I can buy a new "old" Challenger. I'd gladly pay more for one than whatever new stuff any brand comes out with.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Meanwhile, I'm hoping that some dealer hangs on to a Granite Challenger for a long time.

If I somehow end up needing a replacement for my '18, I won't argue too much about the price - as long as I can buy a new "old" Challenger. I'd gladly pay more for one than whatever new stuff any brand comes out with.
Things are turning around from the "green" bullshit.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Things are turning around from the "green" bullshit.
Thankfully, yes.

But my current Challenger is already equipped with a whole bunch of "tech" that I don't care for. And I doubt the future cars will have less.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thankfully, yes.

But my current Challenger is already equipped with a whole bunch of "tech" that I don't care for. And I doubt the future cars will have less.
Less techy and optioned cars are also coming back. Not everyone wants a loaded up car.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Less techy and optioned cars are also coming back. Not everyone wants a loaded up car.
That would be great.

But at this point I have "reached the end of the internet" so to speak. There's nothing out there that interests me anymore. Sure, there are some new and old cars I definitely wouldn't mind having, but they would just sit there taking up space.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That would be great.

But at this point I have "reached the end of the internet" so to speak. There's nothing out there that interests me anymore. Sure, there are some new and old cars I definitely wouldn't mind having, but they would just sit there taking up space.
I'm to damn tired to take care of them.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm to damn tired to take care of them.
That's largely my problem, too.

Heck, I have 44 batteries to take care of, not counting another 12 in generators and trailers.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You should come down to one of these events. The Thanksgiving event is much bigger.
We have one coffee n cars @ a local mall on the first Sunday of the month..last year @ one we had over 1000 cars..usually it's half that size..

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
We have one coffee n cars @ a local mall on the first Sunday of the month..last year @ one we had over 1000 cars..usually it's half that size..
There's probably 10-15K cars here for these. It's the largest car meet-flea market in the southeast.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle