Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

ACTIVE INTERCHILLER

Trader history for TrekGTO (0)

Best Vapor

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Valrico
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I'll buy one and pay you to install it . 2016 Challenger Hellcat with 4.5 whipple . You never finished my Camaro that was there for a month that you used to upgrade your 10-15 LS Camaro kit In all fairness you got injured so I came by to help put my car back together (No Chiller) Don't cheat me I want you to install it Or someone you trust 100%

Best Vapor

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Valrico
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I'm ready who is installing it in St Pete or surrounding area that you use

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I f not,, unless you live up north,, you should. Here in Fl we need one like a Camaro like 6 of em. Neighbor in the hood has an official Day to ner face car with all der day calls on it. What that means ,, no eye dear. Except another $6,200 and waste of time, but I guess it has the 6 coolers, witch means moe horse power. That,, to an extent maked moe horse powdwer. Looking at the 1st new M6 vette in St Pete this week ender at Maher Chevy. See how much this $59,000 car sales fer$$$. Don't know but don't know black,, cause I am having by black H/C re painted black again. Idiot next to me had his 67 vette, side pipes, hemi, with blower, 5 speed, painted red to black. idiot. All I have to say on black and oak trees.

OP
TrekGTO
Member ID
Reactions
City
ST PETERSBURG
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
05 Maggie GTO
Thread Starter #25
I'm ready who is installing it in St Pete or surrounding area that you use
Is your car still R1234yf refrigerant? 4.5 Whipple is difficult servicing AC. Call me

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
134 A

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Would like to see some b4 & after 1/4 mile ET's on Hellcats ?
How much difference will these kits make for 1/4 mile ?

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Would like to see some b4 & after 1/4 mile ET's on Hellcats ?
How much difference will these kits make for 1/4 mile ?
Is your car still R1234yf refrigerant? 4.5 Whipple is difficult servicing AC. Call me
How much difference will these kits make for 1/4 mile ET ?

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Hey @16GoManGoHC2 , did you ever get this ?
If so, how is the kit ?
No, I ended up trading in my standard size Killer Chiller kit for the Drag size one for a small up charge. Been running it for a long time now. It’s on and active always, I like it.
Here’s a pic of temps cruising the other day, it does a good job keeping my IAT’s in check.
EC659FE6-DF7E-4D94-871F-E70B9CE3F030.jpeg

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
No, I ended up trading in my standard size Killer Chiller kit for the Drag size one for a small up charge. Been running it for a long time now. It’s on and active always, I like it.
Here’s a pic of temps cruising the other day, it does a good job keeping my IAT’s in check.
View attachment 23112
I thought those things were only for track days and any time you wanna go big. How long's it last with the ice in the tank on the street?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I thought those things were only for track days and any time you wanna go big. How long's it last with the ice in the tank on the street?
I’m not using a ice tank, I’m using a air conditioning system based chiller to get and keep the blower intercooler coolant chilled. As long as the AC is on it’s on and ready to make maximum power at the stomp of the gas pedal. I LOVE it! At the track no more heating up waiting to run, no more pushing my car through the lanes, no more reduced power runs because my IAT’s are high, no more opening the hood to try and cool it off. Sitting there idling waiting in it just keeps getting the coolant colder and colder. I’ve seen it down as low as 24F. I have a 1.5 gallon hopper tank, everything is insulated including the pump, tank, lines, even the manifold on the back of the blower. I get my burn out in, make a 1/4 pass, and on the drive for my ticket start seeing the warmed up coolant at 50-60F make its way back to the inlet of the blower. Sit in the lanes for 10-15 minutes waiting in line idling and it’s back around 30F again ready to go for another pass. One of the best additions short of a smaller pulley I’ve made, highly recommended. And except for the insulated lines you can’t even tell it’s there 4D8A58DF-FE19-443A-96D8-49F267627BC0.jpeg

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I’m not using a ice tank, I’m using a air conditioning system based chiller to get and keep the blower intercooler coolant chilled. As long as the AC is on it’s on and ready to make maximum power at the stomp of the gas pedal. I LOVE it! At the track no more heating up waiting to run, no more pushing my car through the lanes, no more reduced power runs because my IAT’s are high, no more opening the hood to try and cool it off. Sitting there idling waiting in it just keeps getting the coolant colder and colder. I’ve seen it down as low as 24F. I have a 1.5 gallon hopper tank, everything is insulated including the pump, tank, lines, even the manifold on the back of the blower. I get my burn out in, make a 1/4 pass, and on the drive for my ticket start seeing the warmed up coolant at 50-60F make its way back to the inlet of the blower. Sit in the lanes for 10-15 minutes waiting in line idling and it’s back around 30F again ready to go for another pass. One of the best additions short of a smaller pulley I’ve made, highly recommended. And except for the insulated lines you can’t even tell it’s there View attachment 23124
Nice, so the a/c has to be on all the time ?...what if it's cold outside & you don't want a/c in the cabin ?

I see the Active Interchiller, I can leave the stock HX on & the kit has a bypass to use it or not for the track.
Did you take out the stock center HX ?
How much did your ET's drop at the track with the chiller ?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
My system has a 3 way valve to which I can use the stock air to water intercooler or bypass it. Also have the drag valve installed which would divert all the Freon to the chiller unit and not have the AC cooling the cabin area. Makes me like it even better then the system in the Redeye as I can turn it off and on when ever I want, it’s not mode dependent. I didn’t do any comparisons at the track with it on and off as getting multiple passes in at the track this year is impossible, lucky to get 3 runs in 2-3 hours apart, how that can be called test and tune is mystery to me and has kept me from going to the track as often as I used to as it’s Frustrating and no fun that way. If it keeps your IAT’s down enough to keep the car from pulling timing it got to be helping.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My system has a 3 way valve to which I can use the stock air to water intercooler or bypass it. Also have the drag valve installed which would divert all the Freon to the chiller unit and not have the AC cooling the cabin area. Makes me like it even better then the system in the Redeye as I can turn it off and on when ever I want, it’s not mode dependent. I didn’t do any comparisons at the track with it on and off as getting multiple passes in at the track this year is impossible, lucky to get 3 runs in 2-3 hours apart, how that can be called test and tune is mystery to me and has kept me from going to the track as often as I used to as it’s Frustrating and no fun that way. If it keeps your IAT’s down enough to keep the car from pulling timing it got to be helping.
I like that set up & that's what I want, where did you locate the 3 way bypass valve ?
Active Interchiller has a similar valve, but I'm not sure where it goes inline with the system ?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Got valve from Kincaid, it can be found on eBay as well. Valve is located right off the pumps outlet between pump and heat exchanger, it’s about right behind the front fender side marker lamp. It actually uses the stock 1” rubber line to its inlet and outlet is connected to stock rubber tube that goes to the intercooler inlet. Other port on the valve feeds through a 3/4” hose over the top of the radiator under the covers to the storage tank located under the passenger side head lamp. It’s a slick installation, took me the better part of a week to do but it looks factory and done professionally.
41FD2975-1C36-4045-A684-FEAC9AC88A39.jpeg

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Got valve from Kincaid, it can be found on eBay as well. Valve is located right off the pumps outlet between pump and heat exchanger, it’s about right behind the front fender side marker lamp. It actually uses the stock 1” rubber line to its inlet and outlet is connected to stock rubber tube that goes to the intercooler inlet. Other port on the valve feeds through a 3/4” hose over the top of the radiator under the covers to the storage tank located under the passenger side head lamp. It’s a slick installation, took me the better part of a week to do but it looks factory and done professionally.
View attachment 23132
Thanks, that helps, the AI kit comes with the valve, I just wasn't sure where it went.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Right here, this a photo before it was insulated 661BDA4D-3E88-4531-9BB8-4E237E43477C.jpeg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
GTO,, look me up. I am in Seminole - Largo area. I would love to see the difference and your shop. T he set up means alot espisially under the hood. Where all the difference is made. 2 years ago the ice bucket compaired to the 134- A machine all the difference in the world. Weight, 8 lbls per gallon of water and ice, the length of tubing, fittings, amount of gas, transfer switches, between cabin and cooler it self. Wood beet the GM product all to hell. 6 coolers compaired to 3 in the correct places could be the tensils. I am not an engineer but have been working on commercial chillers for 30 years. Problem being like vettes and such enough room under the hood and proper spaces if GM can do it against the UR E Pee In Cars Mc Clatreans and sorts, then why can't FCA do the same. Move this here take your gal out and make room for an 18 year old girl friend put the pregnant wife in the SUV with her brother. Whom in KY more than likely did it it any way, get rid of the 2 ex father in laws and broken golf clubs,

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Email sent. Looking to get a kit for my 4.5L whipple build.