Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

7th car announcement

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Could be CF wheel option for the Banshee?

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I would think that thing is going to at least as heavy as Hellcat.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Then they only make 2-3k banshees? 15k wheels is not enough for a regular production run. I’m with vortecd on this one.

Last edited:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well they made him travel quite a bit but nothing ever came from it. They had him shoot commercials and stuff like that but never aired, online only, etc.

Taxes on the $150k were high as it was a "prize" so not like regular income and he doesn't get to keep the car.

Sounds like I dodged a bullet.
I’m sure they paid for all his travel, no?

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Then they only make 2-3k banshees? 15k wheels is not enough for a regular production run. I’m with vortec on this one.
Hornet option? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
huh? Im saying the CFs are more likely for the 7 car NOT the EV/bybrid crap. Those golf carts will be 5000lbs. saving 100lbs? makes no sense so yes...I agree with your sideways guffawing...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
You don’t put carbon wheels on a 4500lb car.
Nor do you wait for the end of life of a platform - and a limited run - to reinvent the wheel.
If the numbers are right they sound more inline with a new production car, and this would be the upfitted wheel option… it doesn’t line up with the low production number of the last call.
Just an opinion from a casual observer.

What sort of screw issues do you have with a carbon wheel? And what testing (other than engine dyno) was specific to the last call? I’m not current with all of the gossip.
I have posted about this and maybe you missed it. The Carbon wheels are multi piece and in testing at 131 back in the fall they were having issue with them coming loose. Also my vendor that 1st told me about the wheels from another company he works with came to me after that telling me about the screws (not knowing I had already heard) and they were looking to fix them.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
The Demons came with the skinny front wheels in the crate, maybe something similar with these carbon wheels:unsure:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I would think that thing is going to at least as heavy as Hellcat.

The last weight for the Banshee I saw was 4800ish lbs.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Back in February when I was 1st told about the wheels what stood out was he said was the front and back were going to be different diameters. Only reason to do that would be to fit Hellcat. Anything new coming out they could design it to not have to do that. Never even though they would be for an ev.

All he knew at the time was Dodge was ordering them. Once I heard they were used in testing by someone else that knew about it and he came and told me also that was verification.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Then they only make 2-3k banshees? 15k wheels is not enough for a regular production run. I’m with vortec on this one.
The Banshee is supposed to be the uprated king of the hill model. I wouldn't expect there to be mass production quantities planned for that.

I’m sure they paid for all his travel, no?
Yeah travel paid for but remember it was supposed to be a part time gig, weekends only, blah blah. Ended up being a 40+ hour a week thing for him on top of his day job. He spent a full two weeks in Michigan in August. No way I'd have done that. "See you guys Friday and I'm leaving Sunday at lunch" woulda been my answer to them. Maybe Dodge dodged the bullet LOL. They did keep asking me if this would be a career change for me. I told them no.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The Banshee is supposed to be the uprated king of the hill model. I wouldn't expect there to be mass production quantities planned for that.

Yeah travel paid for but remember it was supposed to be a part time gig, weekends only, blah blah. Ended up being a 40+ hour a week thing for him on top of his day job. He spent a full two weeks in Michigan in August. No way I'd have done that. "See you guys Friday and I'm leaving Sunday at lunch" woulda been my answer to them. Maybe Dodge dodged the bullet LOL. They did keep asking me if this would be a career change for me. I told them no.

If he was spending 40hrs/wk doing something (anything), somebody is burning hours and not producing much...

I've only ever seen him in one thing, and that was only because it got redistributed here.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
It's a lot of social media stuff. Some kinda "go post 3 times a week on these platforms" kinda deal, all has to be pre-approved by HR/Legal so lots of back and forth, make changes, etc. Didn't sound at all like what it was advertised as being an ambassador or whatever. They've sent him to what I'd consider obscure events that none of us would probably care about.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

especially knowing the end is near for our cars. If the whole ev push wasn't here and if it were me it probably would have been a career change

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I have posted about this and maybe you missed it. The Carbon wheels are multi piece and in testing at 131 back in the fall they were having issue with them coming loose. Also my vendor that 1st told me about the wheels from another company he works with came to me after that telling me about the screws (not knowing I had already heard) and they were looking to fix them.
Interesting. So it was the hardware holding the wheels together.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Back in February when I was 1st told about the wheels what stood out was he said was the front and back were going to be different diameters. Only reason to do that would be to fit Hellcat. Anything new coming out they could design it to not have to do that. Never even though they would be for an ev.

All he knew at the time was Dodge was ordering them. Once I heard they were used in testing by someone else that knew about it and he came and told me also that was verification.
Have Hellcats ever run a staggered setup? Even the Demon had 18s in every configuration. That could get interesting. Most HCs even run a square setup, including the Demon on DRs.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
especially knowing the end is near for our cars. If the whole ev push wasn't here and if it were me it probably would have been a career change
If it had been a 3 year gig or something, maybe, but I'm blessed to have a pretty good career. They asked me if $150K was life changing and I told them I'd do it for free during the interview process. That was when I thought it was a real "ambassador" thing on the weekends and what not. Definitely not what it ended up being, they'd have to pay me $300K to do that.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
If it had been a 3 year gig or something, maybe, but I'm blessed to have a pretty good career. They asked me if $150K was life changing and I told them I'd do it for free during the interview process. That was when I thought it was a real "ambassador" thing on the weekends and what not. Definitely not what it ended up being, they'd have to pay me $300K to do that.
Sounds like they wanted someone who'd grovel for $150K.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Sounds like they wanted someone who'd grovel for $150K.
Well for me that is a lot more then I make. Not sure I would grovel for it but if the year was 2014 and this new Hellcat car was coming out I would be doing everything I could to be a spokesman

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
It turned in to more than just a part time gig and I think they were hoping the person chosen would quit their day job to focus on it. May be a spring board to other promotional type opportunities, acting, etc, all of which I'm too old for and not interested in. I love being at car events and hanging out with everybody, that's where my interests were. Oh, and chatting with the engineers that would have been cool. Like I said that whole thing could have been very cool but in the end it was just a marketing campaign. I think initially it may have been more than that, but by the time it got delayed by Covid and Stellantis took over it changed. Lotta odd stuff in the back ground I probably shouldn't post. Definitely wasn't the gig for me.