Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2023 Raptor Will Be 700 Horsepower V8

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
Ive found good Chrysler dealers around me. A big reason I've stayed with the brand.
The local GM dealer tries to get greedy then wonders why they can't sell a car.

30 miles away, farm town Chevy dealer just said Im number 2 or 3 MSRP on a Z06 vette. Probably a 2024 car but they have sold a handful of C8s and believe they will get at least 1 allocation per year if not more.

Ford, holy fuck, drove an hour a way to look at an Explorer ST for the wife, $7k markup "because it was on the lot."
GT350 - markups
GT500 - lol
Raptors - was actually told I don't want that truck. Finally got to test drive a barely used one at a Porsche dealer who actually treated me like a customer.

Focus RS - 14k markup, wife was ready to write a check when she saw that. Dealer sat on that car for a year and ended up selling under sticker just to move it.

I've had terrible luck trying to buy a Ford. Even trying to buy new Transit Vans and F350s for work, dealer playing mark up games.
Found 2 Ram dealers close and got killer deals. 250k purchase from Ford to Ram because your sales manager was a douche.
And the funny thing, the guy who drives the work truck is a die hard Ford guy, bought a new Ram 2500 to replace his F250. He really liked the Ram truck. So there was another sale lost.
its a drop in the bucket but at some point, Ford really needs to start cracking dealer heads.
I've traveled hours for a good deal. Haven't bought anything local for years. I'm tired of them thinking that they can take advantage of me.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I hear you. Ridiculous. When they say "you dont want that truck" what they mean is "we cant get this truck"

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I've had terrible luck trying to buy a Ford.
I'd say that you have great luck then. Not being able to buy one means you don't have one.
If that's not a win I don't know what is.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I've traveled hours for a good deal. Haven't bought anything local for years. I'm tired of them thinking that they can take advantage of me.
Local dealer (only 150 miles for me) wanted $18K, between a 5K ADM and not paying a fair value for my trade.

On Monday I'm heading to Utah to pick up a Q5. Yes, it's a 500-mile drive one way, but it saves me $8K.

Oh, the local dealer was eventually willing to take 2.5K off the ADM. Thanks but no thanks.
Especially since my girlfriend has spent quite a bit at that trio (Mercedes/Porsche/Audi) dealership in the past few months.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Ive found good Chrysler dealers around me. A big reason I've stayed with the brand.
The local GM dealer tries to get greedy then wonders why they can't sell a car.

30 miles away, farm town Chevy dealer just said Im number 2 or 3 MSRP on a Z06 vette. Probably a 2024 car but they have sold a handful of C8s and believe they will get at least 1 allocation per year if not more.

Ford, holy fuck, drove an hour a way to look at an Explorer ST for the wife, $7k markup "because it was on the lot."
GT350 - markups
GT500 - lol
Raptors - was actually told I don't want that truck. Finally got to test drive a barely used one at a Porsche dealer who actually treated me like a customer.

Focus RS - 14k markup, wife was ready to write a check when she saw that. Dealer sat on that car for a year and ended up selling under sticker just to move it.

I've had terrible luck trying to buy a Ford. Even trying to buy new Transit Vans and F350s for work, dealer playing mark up games.
Found 2 Ram dealers close and got killer deals. 250k purchase from Ford to Ram because your sales manager was a douche.
And the funny thing, the guy who drives the work truck is a die hard Ford guy, bought a new Ram 2500 to replace his F250. He really liked the Ram truck. So there was another sale lost.
its a drop in the bucket but at some point, Ford really needs to start cracking dealer heads.
If you're willing to travel a little, try this place, it's where I got my F-150. Got treated fair, and they didn't bat an eye to give me X-Plan pricing if you have that available to you. They gave me whatever rebates were applicable at the time too. It was worth it to me to hop a plane, do the deal and drive back. The dealers here in Maryland that I was trying to deal with jerked me around pretty well and I took my business elsewhere.

They are near the Chattanooga, TN airport. Let me know if you need a sales contact.

https://marshalmizeford.com/

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Anyone who pays 50k adm and a well optioned out Raptor R will be at close to $200k. How stupid are ya beyond believable.
when I win mega millions tonight 650 million, I will show you how stupid I can be:geek:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
when I win mega millions tonight 650 million, I will show you how stupid I can be:geek:
clueless.gif

damn straight.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
In that case, get me a black one.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Just got the sales contract emailed to me from the Utah dealer.
Not only is there no $5K ADM, but I'm getting 1K off of MSRP. What a difference a dealer can make.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Just got the sales contract emailed to me from the Utah dealer.
Not only is there no $5K ADM, but I'm getting 1K off of MSRP. What a difference a dealer can make.

I hear rumor that it works the same for hookers.

I read it on the internet.