Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Widbody charger rear fender is not sitting flush with the door

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Even sounds like my charger...

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #22
I’m just curious but has anyone had different areas on the body not line up like mine? Looking up very close, there are gaps here and there throughout the car😂, it’s a FCA product after all

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I’m just curious but has anyone had different areas on the body not line up like mine? Looking up very close, there are gaps here and there throughout the car😂, it’s a FCA product after all
Yes, fca products quality is questionable.

But I mean it's the best value of $ per horsepower for a reason.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
While the substructure is an old MB design, the attention to detail does not flow through

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lacey
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
In the market
I’m just curious but has anyone had different areas on the body not line up like mine? Looking up very close, there are gaps here and there throughout the car, it’s a FCA product after all
I looked mine over a bit more today. Nothing really stands out to me. Keep in mind though, I came from a Tesla which are known for panel gaps so large that small children can fall into them

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I looked mine over a bit more today. Nothing really stands out to me. Keep in mind though, I came from a Tesla which are known for panel gaps so large that small children can fall into them
Be glad yer women folk aren't as critical bout you guys as you are bout your cars...crooked teeth..bald heads..beer bellies...moles...you'd all be boppin the bishop for the rest of yer lives...:oops::oops::oops:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Be glad yer women folk aren't as critical bout you guys as you are bout your cars...crooked teeth..bald heads..beer bellies...moles...you'd all be boppin the bishop for the rest of yer lives...:oops::oops::oops:
I;d be scared too CC if I were you...look in the mirror:eek::eek::eek::eek:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I;d be scared too CC if I were you...look in the mirror:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Right that’s why I have toys over you know.....:geek:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
While the substructure is an old MB design, the attention to detail does not flow through
Ironically I have that platform or rather had in the e55 amg, that was such a more advanced car than the charger hellcat, charger definitely had a better powertrain, more room, etc etc but I gotta give it to the boys at MB and AMG they really paid attention to detail. No panel gaps, no worn out leather after 15 years, no sagging upholstery and the tech in that car is still ahead of what the charger gets.

If srt paid half as much attention to the hellcats that the e55 got they would look so nice, and have the tech.

You are telling me a now 15 year old car had adaptive cruise control, curving headlights, heated/cooled/massaging seats, FRONT PARKING and rear parking sensors, memory seats, auto-roll up windows, panoramic roof, automatic trunk closer, and push to start with sensors on all door handles, and dodge can't offer front parking sensors, and automatic up windows, memory seats on the challenger took 5 years..... very ridiculous.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Ironically I have that platform or rather had in the e55 amg, that was such a more advanced car than the charger hellcat, charger definitely had a better powertrain, more room, etc etc but I gotta give it to the boys at MB and AMG they really paid attention to detail. No panel gaps, no worn out leather after 15 years, no sagging upholstery and the tech in that car is still ahead of what the charger gets.

If srt paid half as much attention to the hellcats that the e55 got they would look so nice, and have the tech.

You are telling me a now 15 year old car had adaptive cruise control, curving headlights, heated/cooled/massaging seats, FRONT PARKING and rear parking sensors, memory seats, auto-roll up windows, panoramic roof, automatic trunk closer, and push to start with sensors on all door handles, and dodge can't offer front parking sensors, and automatic up windows, memory seats on the challenger took 5 years..... very ridiculous.
All valid points...no argument ...but non of those amenities factored into my HC purchase...maybe if it was my DD..I might think differently...but add those features..and the added cost factor would be a consideration...I'm ok with my spartan HC...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

lol, auto up windows, one of my pet peeves about american cars. The S-class had it 20 years ago.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
All valid points...no argument ...but non of those amenities factored into my HC purchase...maybe if it was my DD..I might think differently...but add those features..and the added cost factor would be a consideration...I'm ok with my spartan HC...
It didn't factor for me either, but it's hard to stay with the brand when prices go up and the features don't really change much.

Doesn't have to be standard at least offer us the option.

I'm sure many who use dd would opt for the acc, front parking sensors would be helpful for everyone.

Adaptive and led headlights are good for dark roads, even having led headlights standard like they are used to would be a big upgrade.

The point was its not even offered, for example the challenger gets acc but the charger doesn't, charger has memory seats but challenger doesn't, challenger gets rain sensing wipers but the charger doesn't, the e55 had that too! I forgot about that haha.

I don't know, getting kinda of picky but it is honestly very normal features for a 75k car to have or at least have the ability to equip.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
lol, auto up windows, one of my pet peeves about american cars. The S-class had it 20 years ago.
It truly is a rule of thumb when they say "what you see in Mercedes now will be offered by other manufacturers in 10-15 years"