Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

1 Allocation for a Challenger Jailbreak!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'd be cautious with the flipping... I just don't think the interest is there...and relax...nothings comming...and our Z06...just got another set back...be lucky if any see the streets by Sept...(got this one on good info...)

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I see where you are getting at with this one, so let me partake in this.

At the end of the day, whoever comes up with the money first gets the allocation.

Plain and simple.
Excellent clarification, Nothing wrong with that, in that case hope somebody grabs it quick.

My assumption was you guys didn't want to deal with the out of state paperwork.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I'd be cautious with the flipping... I just don't think the interest is there...and relax...nothings comming...and our Z06...just got another set back...be lucky if any see the streets by Sept...(got this one on good info...)
There's lots of stuff to flip, I'm flipping a trx and some other stuff. The demand is there and the supply is not.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Just sign on the dotted line :LOL:

X________________________
Hickstah,, Haster

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
There's lots of stuff to flip, I'm flipping a trx and some other stuff. The demand is there and the supply is not.
I would have to agree....I've never flipped anything...(although I could have..) I just don't see the jailbreak as anything overly desirable..just my .02

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
This whole Allocation thing when there allegedly wasn't going to be one (per Tim) is annoying as :poop:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
So here is an idea @TimCasa and not here to make fun of your posting and or accomplishment. What is the deposit amount to build one and place an order?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
This whole Allocation thing when there allegedly wasn't going to be one (per Tim) is annoying as :poop:
agreed....careful how ya talk bout Timmy...CC thinks the sun rises and sets on him...and what he says is gospel...:rolleyes:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Sure do miss the Power Dollars days...................
People were still bitching back in those days too, lol. "I'll wait them out. FCA is desperate, more discounts are coming!'

'Til they didn't... :p

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ok u gotta spill Demon-man. I didnt hear about any delays. I gotta call my GM dealer. I'm 26 in line (@MSRP) so I was already looking at a '24 model.

As for flipping...I got no issue with that. Not 100% sure Jailbreak is a slam dunk there esp after paying for taxes on it. Now Demon days u could flip paper (von/Allocations). THAT was a no brainer. Don't see that here. That said if you are buying and holding, JB at MSRP is pretty good value imo. Too bad we cant buy two Z06s tho...My dealer wont do it...I asked!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Ok u gotta spill Demon-man. I didnt hear about any delays. I gotta call my GM dealer. I'm 26 in line (@MSRP) so I was already looking at a '24 model.

As for flipping...I got no issue with that. Not 100% sure Jailbreak is a slam dunk there esp after paying for taxes on it. Now Demon days u could flip paper (von/Allocations). THAT was a no brainer. Don't see that here. That said if you are buying and holding, JB at MSRP is pretty good value imo. Too bad we cant buy two Z06s tho...My dealer wont do it...I asked!
I'll give you a little insight to my source...back on some of my threads...or posts...I had a football party in my back yard...I also had a new pre production C8 there as well...I posted @ least 3 pics of it..(it was burgundy)..that was 5 months before they went into production...and my current C8 was the first delivered in WNY..Iv'e had it a little over 2 yrs. now...I can tell you dealers are clueless right now..(the many engineering groups are not)...lets just say I have my own version of RS...and he knows...;);)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
People were still bitching back in those days too, lol. "I'll wait them out. FCA is desperate, more discounts are coming!'

There were amazing deals to be had....I regret not getting a wide body RE Charger..

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

2...Z06's....????? you got a better shot @ winnin the Nobel prize..(for whatever you like)...trust me..you score a Z06...(@ any price)..your gonna be a very lucky guy....and more powerful variants of the C8 to follow...don't bet the farm on that...things are being scrutinized big time @ GM...and nobody really knows for sure what that means...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I would have to agree....I've never flipped anything...(although I could have..) I just don't see the jailbreak as anything overly desirable..just my .02
Yup, I don't think the margins are there on a jailbreak but the hellcat and redeyes still have a bit of equity.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'll give you a little insight to my source...back on some of my threads...or posts...I had a football party in my back yard...I also had a new pre production C8 there as well...I posted @ least 3 pics of it..(it was burgundy)..that was 5 months before they went into production...and my current C8 was the first delivered in WNY..Iv'e had it a little over 2 yrs. now...I can tell you dealers are clueless right now..(the many engineering groups are not)...lets just say I have my own version of RS...and he knows...;);)
Ok you convinced me…

what the reality we are looking at for the Z06. With specifics?

also what does he sa about the future vette Line up, specifically about the ZR1 ( all ice? Keeps the flat plane crank? No electric propulsion? Timing for release?)

I heard Zora will be a hybrid for sure. All true?

As we go out in time past 2025 I definitely could see the automakers backing off on any HP I’ve related platforms and projects. So that could impact ZR1 ( at least as sn all Ice variant).

In fact I was surprised to see ford leaking shots of the next generation mustang with tailpipes!

Last edited:
OP
T

TimCasa

Vendor
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Owasso
State
OK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2004 Ram 2500
Thread Starter #56
So here is an idea @TimCasa and not here to make fun of your posting and or accomplishment. What is the deposit amount to build one and place an order?
It's $5,000 deposit to start the build! It's earnest money (kinda like real estate).

OP
T

TimCasa

Vendor
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Owasso
State
OK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2004 Ram 2500
Thread Starter #57
Yup, I don't think the margins are there on a jailbreak but the hellcat and redeyes still have a bit of equity.
I would say if you Tastefully built the JB and held the bag for 24 months, it may have good equity!

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
I would say if you Tastefully built the JB and held the bag for 24 months, it may have good equity!
I'll stick with my initial and now continued thought- You're barking up the wrong tree. But who knows.. Maybe you'll make someone's JB dream come true. And they'll make yours.

Good luck with your allocation.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

FIgure for inflation, prices are really not that bad.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Ok for S and Giggles I called the local dealer near me on the list for Jailbreaks. They said they would sell it to me for MSRP if interested. If I knew I could flip it I'd do it. With everything going up, I'm surprised its MSRP. And Tim here is saying the same thing. Even KOONS is at MSRP? Given how everyone now seems to be dropping ADMs on this car tells me something bigger MIGHT be coming or demand is actually falling (recession? interest in Z06? sick of Dodge's shenanigans earlier?)

Thoughts welcome...
I think that the majority of us potential buyers passed when the ADM bullshit started.