Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Youtuber gets swatted for video content ...

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Many of you may know Kevin from his youtube channel. He also had a Chief Donut Maker entry.

Looks like one of his older Trackhawk videos got him into a bit of trouble, and he's posted his side ...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Many of you may know Kevin from his youtube channel. He also had a Chief Donut Maker entry.

Looks like one of his older Trackhawk videos got him into a bit of trouble, and he's posted his side ...

I wonder if this is somehow related to Paul at Family Cruisin'???

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Sounds like Nazi Germany to me.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Wow, the raid seems like overkill for some old youtube vids! Surprised it happen in TX, seems more like something you'd hear coming out of one of the libtard states :mad:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
No he stated someone in the community did not like him. The offense was from 2 years ago and it was him fake street racing

OP
HWDan

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Thread Starter #6
Bubble Boy!

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
All because some jackass complained about him multiple times. I'd be so pissed.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Must have been a slow day at the cop shop. I mean WTF you send an army for some shit like this? Seems like a waste of resources and and a good way to get someone shot.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
What kind of ass wipe DA would sign off on this? Crazy and scary. I wonder if DDE (Daily Driven Exotics) are looking over their backs these days.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Guy seems to repeat himself alot

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Definite overreach by law enforcement. These types of arrests have been going on for years.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Definite overreach by law enforcement. These types of arrests have been going on for years.
one day they are gonna knock on the wrong door

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Sorry @HWDan, your title is clickbait; he didn't get swatted...

They had a warrant for "deadly conduct" and served it. The basis for the warrant, including why the police would even bother to ask the District Attorney who then in turn asked a judge to issue a warrant however, is beyond questionable.

It's incomprehensible to me that this was ever even entertained, and I say that without having watch the video(s) that got him in trouble to begin with. Doesn't matter, it sounds like some petty, butthurt, hater-related stuff, and the cops ran with it, which is obscene...

...not only are their tactics uncalled for; they suck. Notice they typically roll out dog and pony shows like this when the suspect is likely no threat whatsoever (like Roger Stone most famously). Zero criminal history and no indication he's any type of threat so let's LARP!

Obnoxious abuse of resources. The buck stops with the Chief of APD who should have to answer for the behavior of his officers (or corresponding executives of any of the other participating agencies).

This should have been a "knock and talk" from a couple of plainclothes detectives to get his side of the story before even asking for a warrant. "Hey man, so and so said you were street racing and showed us a YouTube video that might look like reckless endangerment. Do you wanna talk to us about it now or schedule an appointment at the station with your attorney present or should we fuck and get a judge to issue a warrant...?"

DONE.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Just goes to show,be carful what you post online😳

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Sorry @HWDan, your title is clickbait; he didn't get swatted...

They had a warrant for "deadly conduct" and served it. The basis for the warrant, including why the police would even bother to ask the District Attorney who then in turn asked a judge to issue a warrant however, is beyond questionable.

It's incomprehensible to me that this was ever even entertained, and I say that without having watch the video(s) that got him in trouble to begin with. Doesn't matter, it sounds like some petty, butthurt, hater-related stuff, and the cops ran with it, which is obscene...

...not only are their tactics uncalled for; they suck. Notice they typically roll out dog and pony shows like this when the suspect is likely no threat whatsoever (like Roger Stone most famously). Zero criminal history and no indication he's any type of threat so let's LARP!

Obnoxious abuse of resources. The buck stops with the Chief of APD who should have to answer for the behavior of his officers (or corresponding executives of any of the other participating agencies).

This should have been a "knock and talk" from a couple of plainclothes detectives to get his side of the story before even asking for a warrant. "Hey man, so and so said you were street racing and showed us a YouTube video that might look like reckless endangerment. Do you wanna talk to us about it now or schedule an appointment at the station with your attorney present or should we fuck and get a judge to issue a warrant...?"

DONE.

I'd like to play "Devil's Advocate" here for just a moment, let's say he was in fact "Street Racing" on some level (and I'm not saying for a second that he was).

Is "Deadly Conduct" even remotely appropriate??? Yes, I can imagine a scenario where it might be if Street Racing was taken to the extreme, but my suspicion is that this doesn't approach some crazy hypothetical where the girl is tied up on the tracks and he's the Conductor of a train maliciously headed toward her without regard for her well being. My gut tells me that this is some short full throttle pulls and some unreasonable speeds...

If that's the case, then if you're going to play, you've got to be prepared to pay the price, but the price should match the game play.

This is what I tell myself anyway... If the day comes that my fate brings me face to face with charges, I'm more than willing to accept them, but they need to be inline with reality.

OP
HWDan

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Thread Starter #16
I'd like to play "Devil's Advocate" here for just a moment, let's say he was in fact "Street Racing" on some level (and I'm not saying for a second that he was).

Is "Deadly Conduct" even remotely appropriate??? Yes, I can imagine a scenario where it might be if Street Racing was taken to the extreme, but my suspicion is that this doesn't approach some crazy hypothetical where the girl is tied up on the tracks and he's the Conductor of a train maliciously headed toward her without regard for her well being. My gut tells me that this is some short full throttle pulls and some unreasonable speeds...

If that's the case, then if you're going to play, you've got to be prepared to pay the price, but the price should match the game play.

This is what I tell myself anyway... If the day comes that my fate brings me face to face with charges, I'm more than willing to accept them, but they need to be inline with reality.
I guess it might also depend on what street the alleged speed was observed on. Caught going 100+ on a highway with no cross roads and driveways is entirely different to 100+ on a 35 or 40 mph street where someone entering the road from a 7/11 is not expecting that tiny blip in the distance to be travelling the length of a football field or more in a second or 2. That's where I would assume deadly conduct would most likely factor in.

OP
HWDan

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Thread Starter #17
oh boy, totally unrelated but is probably a way better reason for guns to be out ...

LOL, just can't put the phone down. First I've ever seen someone try to chin-dial :unsure:

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Here’s part II...

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
@Ronin - I agree, not swatted, turned in.
Swatted is worse, much - MUCH - worse.
Oddly enough though, the police response was almost identical to a swatting…

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

I saw that. The enemy is in the wire.