Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Who's added paint protection film?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lantana
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
For your info :

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Having mine dun end of Dec. Just had doors and quarter panels repainted and need a good 30 days to set. Not being a wide body, the company from Tampa took out 1/2 of what I THOUGHT needed to be done. Knocked it down to $1,500. Well worth it. Idiot vette dude next door can keep applying his Chemical Dudes ceramic protector every day. Space head.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Kick ass color.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lantana
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
if anyone is willing to share, what is a ballpark cost to apply film. I’ve been quoted for the bumper, hood edge mirrors and behind quarters on standard body HC $1700 by the dealer (highest price) and 2 other bids $900 & $725 from local detail shops.

I see online many 3M pescision dye cut kits for around $400 for everything listed above. I’m considering doing it myself as I’ve done lots of auto graphics over the years, seems similar if you just take your time. Maybe I’m missing something, worst case I remove and take to a pro. My fear is wasting 2k on something I could have done better myself, I’ve seen some shotty work and also seen some beautiful jobs however none locally.
Personally, I would not buy precut kits for self installation. Professionals will have the equipment to digitally cut their patterns and they know from experience where to alter the pattern to achieve the best application/fit. Xpel Ultimate Plus is the "thickest" protective film on the market. Check to make sure your insurance policy covers replacement of the film if a body panel becomes damaged in the future. My insurer required me to submit the Llumar Tint, Fenylab coating and Xpel wrap bill to them to ensure replacement coverage if a claim is filed. Also, make sure the installer provides free labor if a claim is required from the protective film manufacturer warranty (Xpel = 10years). Not all installers will provide you a written statement to provide labor free of charge if a warranty claim is submitted. Hickster - Make sure that 40 days is sufficient time for paint cure to prevent possible paint damage during the install process or if subsequent removal of film is required. It is not so much about competitive price comparisons but how the installation work is done and what materials are used should be the prime selection criteria... Saw you are from "B" Michigan. Lived in Bloomfield Hills for 18 years. Good Luck.

BobM

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brookhaven
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 hellcat , 2018 demon
I used Suntek ppf film on my car. That’s what the shop recommended. I had the front bumper, hood, both front fenders, front and rear fender flares, windshield posts, mirrors, rocker panels between flares and rear bumper sides. It was computer cut and looks great. I paid $1800. Don’t know if that was a good price but I felt it was worth it

Attachments